clones...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am having a hard time cloning a white widow big bud hybrid. I'm using a DIY hydro and aerator with air stones and clonex. PH distilled water
Any suggestions?

I am having trouble cloning too, i blame it on the cool temperatures. I have a seed starter heat mat and I get a few clones, but no where the % I usually do. Check your temps. And what about light, what are they under?

Maybe cut that light in half. The need to concentrate on roots, so low light is better. clone mojo to ya.

I am having a hard time cloning a white widow big bud hybrid. I'm using a DIY hydro and aerator with air stones and clonex. PH distilled water
Any suggestions?

I clone in dirt so I can't say for sure with hydro cloning but watering soil with distilled water is a no no. Not sure if that's a problem in hydro cloning.

The bacteria in water is part of the required ecosystem in soil. Like I said, not sure with what you're doing.

Watering with distilled water is a no-no???? No where have I ever read that tap water contributed to bacterial growth in soil. RO or distilled water is just fine to use. Water with a high ppm of unknown content would be a much greater problem, IMO.

As far as cloning, be patient. It can take 3 weeks for roots to pop. You might want to raise the temps up a bit.

My clone bucket gets a gallon of distilled and few drops of Rapid Start.
Clones get a cut and sit in Clone-X for 5 min.

Oh and a fishtank heater @ 70F

:48:

I am sorry. I stand corrected.

For 4+ decades, I believed what I posted. I guess it's just one of those wrongs you carry with you until someone says different. I'm not sure where I got it but it had a certain logic so it stuck with me.

I just did some searching to substantiate my claim and I couldn't find a single support. I'm not sure where I got it but I have been carrying it for a long time.

Just goes to show how misinformation can travel on the internet. LOL Oops, sorry.

Thanks, HG for the correction. ;)

My favourite cloning method is using a box or shelf with cfls make it tight, i currently have 6 cfls in 1x1.5x1 lxwxh box, makes it warm inside, and i use the oasis cubes, stand them in plates or trays and i let a little bit of water sitting on the bottom not much just a little film, i found the ones kept like that to root faster, i plan on making a simple flood and drain for them one day... with several strains so far, this method has been flawless. I use regular floral oasis from florists, i find this stuff great

I am sorry. I stand corrected.

For 4+ decades, I believed what I posted. I guess it's just one of those wrongs you carry with you until someone says different. I'm not sure where I got it but it had a certain logic so it stuck with me.

I just did some searching to substantiate my claim and I couldn't find a single support. I'm not sure where I got it but I have been carrying it for a long time.

Just goes to show how misinformation can travel on the internet. LOL Oops, sorry.

Thanks, HG for the correction. ;)

Lol--you know, I still learn new things about growing all the time. In fact, I will be like a newbie when I do an organic outdoor grow this summer. Things have changed a lot since I last grew outdoors in the mid 80s.

My favourite cloning method is using a box or shelf with cfls make it tight, i currently have 6 cfls in 1x1.5x1 lxwxh box, makes it warm inside, and i use the oasis cubes, stand them in plates or trays and i let a little bit of water sitting on the bottom not much just a little film, i found the ones kept like that to root faster, i plan on making a simple flood and drain for them one day... with several strains so far, this method has been flawless. I use regular floral oasis from florists, i find this stuff great

Why didn't i think about that? oasis. i have it in my garage... THANKS zem!!!

Why didn't i think about that? oasis. i have it in my garage... THANKS zem!!!

i think that you will like them for cloning. i only sometimes presoak them in h2o2 if they were wet and dirty before. new cubes i normally clone straight into them, i cut them about 1.5"x1.5" cubes. i wait for roots to emerge from bottom or sides, directly visible, cubes so easy to flip, the rate is so high with many strains that i tried. they take bottom feeding great i actually dont water them but the plate that they sit in until they suck no more and leave a little film for evaporation. i will soon install a sort of a mini flood and drain to keep them hydrated automatically just plug it in with the veg cycle

Latest posts

Back