Any one can suggest a led light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I couldn't wait for you're guys opinions on which light and the dimmer and all but if I wanted it by Friday, I had to place the order by 2:00 today.

Should be fun.

And, the new tent will be nice for experimenting. I barely have enough room in my 4x4 room to grow enough pot to keep me smoking. I pull about 5 pounds a year out of that room and I smoke every drop. LOL So, if I want to take some time off to learn about scrogging or hydro, and things screw up, I'm back to buying brickweed from my cleaning girl.

This way, I can keep my main supply going while trying new stuff in the tent. Might go hydro or organic in the tent. No need to cram for space. One or 2 plants. Maybe 3. Lots of room to play. LOL I'm excited.

Kind of scared though. I already got 2 warning letters from the power company telling me I'm using twice as much electricity as all my neighbors. Now it's going to go up. LOL Darn smart meters.

I get email notices like that but I thought it was the nanny state stuff about saving electricity, what do you mean by a warning?
Cripes, I hope I get a warning ha!

Damn smart metres is spot on though, boy, did we get hoodwinked by those things. They can distinguish the different signatures of fans, blowers, heaters, lamps, vibrators, patterns anyone?
Install this thing so I can save electricity by using off peak, holy crap, did we ever walk in to that one hook, line and sinker.
If you don't have one, fight like hell.
Another damn transmitter, keep away from the damn metres too.

If I had 250k for lights I'd just buy 100w cobs and build the sun. Would take time but I'm positive, for the price, you could blow away any prebuilt light.

What do you think of this one?
https://www.growlights.ca/led-grow-lights/mars-hydro/mars-cob.html

or this one
https://www.growlights.ca/led-grow-lights/fusion-pro/fusion-pro-x100-led-system.html

(they cover 2x2 square, 4 of them in my flower would be hugely versatile, my plant heights are all over the map, and my trays are 2x2

what's so great about COB?

why 100W? price is not proportional to wattage, another 50 bucks for next lamp up. I like multiple smaller lamps though

or was that humour and I missed it :doh:

Well, I don't know why it took so long but I have my new light today. Took them almost 24 hours. LOL

If Amazon is looking for my business, they are sure going about it the right way. I'm an eBay guy but the light was way cheaper on Amazon so I went that way.

So far, the 3 or 4 things that I got on Amazon were here next day or 2 days at most. I got an Amazon delivery on Sunday last week. LOL

I have not even plugged it in yet because the tent (I bought on Ebay) won't be here until Friday. LOL

This tent is pretty far away from my power source. I hope it's OK to use a 20' extension cord with this light.

Getting excited. ;)

Hackerman, did you get another 4 x 4 tent? The 1800W only draws 325W, so it will be interesting to see how it performs. I have a (mostly) CBD grow going that I just flipped to 12/12. I am running an Apollo Purple Sun 700W COB that draws around 370W and a Mars II 700W that draws about 300W in a 4 x 4 tent. I thought about firing up the 1000W or buying more LED, but have decided to just go with this lighting and see how it does. An extension cord should be okay as long as you make sure to use a cord that is the proper gauge for the load it will be carrying. And make sure you are not over-taxing your breaker. You will most likely need to put this on another breaker than the other tent is on.

Sopappy, that sucks. Kind of a big price difference...and takes 1-3 weeks to ship.

Yeah, I did get another tent. LOL

I need some place to experiment. I figure a 4x4 with 1 or 2 or maybe 3 or 4 plants will be perfect to experiment with scrogging and sogging and topping and fimming. LMAO Love the cannabis terms. LMAO

I need my 4x4 room just to keep me in the 5 pounds of pot a year I need to keep from smoking cigarettes. LMAO Told you I was f'd up. LMAO

Anyway, I figure the tent won't add much load. It's only one light. And, a small fan. I won't even have an exhaust fan or filter or anything. Just the light and a small oscillating fan.

And, I turned off my 6 bulb T5 so this is just about an even swap.

I keep an eye on my electricity. I am so fire paranoid. I feel the breakers every day and touch the cords and surge protectors to make sure they are cool. LOL

It would be awesome if this one light would serve this 4x4 alone without the need for more lights. These things are so small and easy peasy. All the venting and giant hoods and crap that goes along with HID. Gone.

I can see me replacing my 1000w HID pretty darn quick. For that room, I'll probably go top of the line (or close).

You are still going to have to run an exhaust fan. The lights don't run heat-free and the plants need a fresh supply of air all the time the lights are on. It would be great if you could run just this one light--the savings in electrical costs would be huge.

Send the money right and get a Fluence Spyder X, every light is built to order made in the USA, and they are amazing people to chat with, Everything else is childs play.

Yup, good eggs, here's some info for my fellow peoples in Canada, I was thinking of two but I'll get a rail up here instead

Thank you for the information! I was able to get the following prices for shipping our SPYDR units to the postal code provided. Each price reflects the cost of shipping a single unit:

DHL - $123.99 USD, $170.24 CAD

FedEx - $81.42 USD, $111.79 CAD

While FedEx is obviously the cheaper between the two, I would like to point out that DHL includes brokerage-associated fees in their price, whereas FedEx does not include this in their pricing but tacks on the charge before delivery is made.

won't be fed-ex, thanks Umbra

I'm assuming the talking heads want their cut to waste on stupidity so that's close 1500- to my door
but I'm still leaning that way
6" from the canopy is amazing

You are still going to have to run an exhaust fan. The lights don't run heat-free and the plants need a fresh supply of air all the time the lights are on. It would be great if you could run just this one light--the savings in electrical costs would be huge.

I have 3 tents in this room and I just keep the doors open on all of them. Then, I just keep the environment in the room right and I don't need to worry about each tent.

You can see that nice giant humidifier in the background.

I have fresh air coming into the room from another part of the house (plus the regular home HVAC vents) and the room is vented to the home's cold air returns for exhaust.

I do have an exhaust fan in my flower room because it is separate but in the veg/clone room, I just keep the room itself, proper and the tents ride for free.

Then, I have an oscillating fan in front of each tent to stir the air.

Here's an example. Maybe I'll do a video tour of my grow op. LOL

View attachment room.jpg

Here is a wider shot of that tent.

As you can see, I do have an exhaust system set up. I have only used it once or twice but on rare occasions, I have reason to close the tents and turn on the exhaust fans.

You can't really see it well but there is a T between the fan and the filter. If I remove that big round shiny cap, the exhaust bypasses the filter and just pulls the air from the room. This tent is exhausted into the ceiling.So, on rare occasions if the room gets too hot, I turn that on and it's like a whole house fan. Clears the room in minutes.

Since I only veg in this room, filters are not really needed. However, since I am going to flower in this room today, I'll probably need the filters.

We'll see.

View attachment room2.jpg

Yup, good eggs, here's some info for my fellow peoples in Canada, I was thinking of two but I'll get a rail up here instead

Thank you for the information! I was able to get the following prices for shipping our SPYDR units to the postal code provided. Each price reflects the cost of shipping a single unit:

DHL - $123.99 USD, $170.24 CAD

FedEx - $81.42 USD, $111.79 CAD

While FedEx is obviously the cheaper between the two, I would like to point out that DHL includes brokerage-associated fees in their price, whereas FedEx does not include this in their pricing but tacks on the charge before delivery is made.

won't be fed-ex, thanks Umbra

I'm assuming the talking heads want their cut to waste on stupidity so that's close 1500- to my door
but I'm still leaning that way
6" from the canopy is amazing

At 6" from the plants and they started bleaching, I'm closer to 18" and plants like it

At 6" from the plants and they started bleaching, I'm closer to 18" and plants like it

That thing is all over google now, had trouble finding the site
but got a manual I couldn't find at the site!

"With a thickness of only 4.6” thin, and recommended mounting height just 6” from the top of the canopy, the SPYDR family is purposefully designed for vertical farming – from veg to bloom"

Even with the light mover, you got bleaching? This might be the deal breaker for me, I have a 7ft ceiling nothing worse than trying to super crop or bend them away half way thru flower, if I'll still have to do that :-(
on the bright side, I don't have real money, you saved me a bundle.
thank you for posting that!

plants really didn't stretch very much and I didn't grow clones in there, I grew from seed and sexed everything so height wise they are all over the place. But I'm planning on doing a second 1 and doing 2 levels in the tent, with no issues. Again to test how well they do with this set up. The razr is ideal for clones and seedlings and vertical farming.

plants really didn't stretch very much and I didn't grow clones in there, I grew from seed and sexed everything so height wise they are all over the place. But I'm planning on doing a second 1 and doing 2 levels in the tent, with no issues. Again to test how well they do with this set up. The razr is ideal for clones and seedlings and vertical farming.

ha, they're stretching because of my shitty leds, I bet they don't with those.
Great, now i'm agonizing over them again...

what about that lightmover at 6 inches, they still bleached?

yes some did bleach, however many didn't. Because they were seedlings some grew faster than others. There is a dimmer feature that I could have used, but I chose to raise the lights some.

WOW!!!!! Man, is this thing bright. I am seeing spots just from being in the same general area and working. LOL I may have to close this tent after all. LOL Good thing it has a dimmer. LOL

Do I need some kind of special glasses to work around LED lights?

I have some transplanting to do. I'll post some pics in my journal later.

WOW!!!!! Man, is this thing bright. I am seeing spots just from being in the same general area and working. LOL I may have to close this tent after all. LOL Good thing it has a dimmer. LOL

Do I need some kind of special glasses to work around LED lights?

I have some transplanting to do. I'll post some pics in my journal later.

They sell glasses but they are pricey. I just don't look right at them.

OK, I learned one thing already. The LED I get for my main room will not be Blurple. It makes it very difficult to see the plants. Everything is grape. Noticing any kind of yellowing or even early necrosis is going to be very difficult to see under this blurple light.

Definitely white LED next time.

Blurple light doesn't bother anyone else?

Actually, I find that yellowing and necrosis seems to show up more under the purple (Apollo Purple Sun) light I have. But I generally move my plants around and/or take them out of the tent to inspect them every 10 days or 2 weeks. I also like to rotate them within their space so the same plant occupies different places in the tent during their lifetime.

How are these LED lights for vegging? I love my 8 bulb T5 but it doesn't fit well into a 4x4 tent so I use a 3x5.

In a 3x5 tent you have 15 SF and I can get 8 #3 nursery pots in it. 2 rows of 4 pots. The tent is actually 30" x 58".

A 4x4 is only 1 SF bigger but I can put 16 #3 pots in it. Twice as many pots for only 1 more SF. Seems crazy.

If I could use this LED light and the 4x4 tent for veg, it would fit into the system much better with my 4x4 flower room.

You'll have to pry the T5 away from me. I really love this thing for veg. LOL

Latest posts

Back