Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Northern Lights (Pink Pistol Pheno) by tcbud
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Harvesting - Drying & Curing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
ziggyross
ziggyross

ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross
Talking How to cure a large harvest

Hey everyone long time no see. Okay the question is how would you dry and cure a very large harvest? 1000 plus plants? I thought about 55 gal metal drums.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

They have mesh drying racks that are pretty huge, maybe if you got a few of those. The mesh ones have like 6 layers. take a look here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1WHQH0ALDPII9

Then turkey bags to store.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
ziggyross
ziggyross

ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross ziggyross

Thanks Rose but I'm not sure even the biggest one would handle this much. Last years was hung and dried like tobacco. The main problem is storage for curing. I'm talking like 6 55 Gal drums full. Will metal drums cause any damage?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

I wouldn't use it but I am a ridiculous purist. Hanging like tobacco is good. What a problem to have, huh? I am thinking here. Others will be by. Shrink wrap lbs?

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

Hang them to dry.
Sealed room to cure.

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
ziggyross
ziggyross

Thanks everyone Rose yes it's such a great problem to have. I see lots of RSO in my future.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 AM   #7
Aggie007

Aggie007

Drying is so very important, low and slow. 65 degrees with major air movement. I use a storage container insulated with 2inch thick marine grade Rmax. It's a must. Air conditioners throughout and dehumidifier(just in the beginning). 6 days is ideal. To really utilize the space I like using the netting it makes it very easy to move each row back-and-forth, also allows good air movement. As with everything you must be attentive every few hours to come out with a fantastic outcome. Good luck.
Attached Images

Aggie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
ziggyross
ziggyross

Aggie007, What type of storage container? Is it a purchased one or something you built. I'm sure it's not a rental storage unit, lol. Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
Aggie007

Aggie007

I've gone thru a few shipping containers. Depends on your budget but it's worth to by a "one trip" high cube container that basically band new. Shop around and you can find a deal. You must use insulation to achieve long controlled curing. I use the 40 feet long ones. Gives good room to move in.
Attached Images

Aggie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #10
ziggyross
ziggyross

Very cool Aggie I'm going to look into one of these.