Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Northern Lights (Pink Pistol Pheno) by tcbud
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso
Default Scroggin' with LED: HSO amhurst s.d. and Black D.o.g.

After seeing the results of LED on my last grow, i wanted to try an all led grow. I have always vegged and flowered under 1k hps with eye hortilux bulbs, but after mixing in a led light i noticed denser frostier buds than those grown under hps. This time i am going start to finish with no hid lighting.
I have five plants, all HSO genetics: 3 amhurst sour diesel and 2 black d.o.g.. These were sprouted just as hurricane irma knocked out the power causing them to live the first week of thier life in darkness. Needless to say they were stressed out and near death when the lights came back on. Despite that early setback the plants all seem very happy and are thriving nicely.
They are about 4 weeks old and have begun growing into the 7ft x 5 ft screen that i used in my last grow. I have noticed that under the led growth is much slower than vegging under a hortilux bulb. Usually at 4 weeks my plants are twice this size. That being said the stucture is not as "leggy" with tighter internodal growth. I am patient enough to let them do thier thing and fill my screen.
As for the lights im using, i have 2 king led 1000 and one kind xl1000. The kind led i bought second hand for half the msrp and the king leds i bought from amazon. Thanks to hushpuppy for the recomendation. I am also trying a new medium for the flood and drain system. They are called grow rocks, expanded glass, pumice like. It is said to hold a perfect air to water ratio....blah bblah blah...its like really giant perlite. So far so good. Im using the same formula of nutrients that i used last grow...modified lucas formula gh micro and gh bloom. Adding silica blast, cal mag, and ph down to r.o. water. Occasionally i need to put some epsom salts and or h2o2 as need. Im including a shot of the light setup with the shots of the plants. The first 2 pics are from 10 days ago the last few are current.
Attached Images

Lesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
Lesso
Mad Scientist

Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso Lesso

I forgot to mention, i have backed the flood cycle down to once a day. The leaves looked a little bit curled and saggy indicating an over watered condition.
Lesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #3
Smk54

Smk54

Really nice set up. I have a 4’x4’x6’ Gorilla grow tent, carbon can filter and duct fan vented to outdoors. 4x 36 watt TaoTronics LED lights. All works well. First grows have been autoflowering
Attached Images

Smk54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #4
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

Very nice harvest there Smk54!
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider
2RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote