Slow Growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCKush96

Reaction score
So I’m having some let downs with this grow it’s been two weeks and my plants aren’t even close to the size of my last grow. So one possible issue in the beginning is I had my light a few inches away it’s a 125w blue spectrum cfl not knowing people recommend 6”-8”+ with a large cfl so I’ve since raised it to 6 and seems to be helping a little. They started in a small grow box as well with somewhat fluctuating temps they’re in a tent now which has stabilized in temps and humidity. ph of soil runoff and water that I use to water was less or equal to 7 from what my drop kit shows. Using a soil called ecoscraps could be another possible issue I’ve never used it before. Haven’t seen signs of overwatering. Any advice??? I’ll post pics of them from today other pics are on my journal fem northern lights. Just really trying to figure out if I should wait it out since I’ve changed a few factors or to start over :/ first pic is from Saturday in the box (day I moved them into a tent) 12 days from seeds cracked second pic is today 15 days

View attachment CDD05460-9874-445F-8A1B-86B05F4E483F.jpg

View attachment 810BCCF8-F946-463B-90BE-C982521529FA.jpg

By the way the plants are flipped in the tent the bigger one in the second pic is on the left in the first pic

Tons of stuff you left out...
what are the temps, lights on, lights off. Type of nutes and how much. Tap water or RO water. If tap water, what is ppm? what is ph? Fan? air circulation? Humidity? strain/breeder?

Grow box had temps 66-68 at night 76-79 at day had to leave window cracked to keep the box cool enough so that’s why there’s a day n night temp change, lights on 24hrs, no nutes, tap water not sure of ppm but said ph was 7 according to the test drops, 2 high static pressure P.C. fans 120mm one intake and one out, 6in clip fan for circulation, humidity 30%ish, and strain northern lights/ online from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

Tent has a solid 73 degrees all day and night might drop to 71 with the 4 hrs of darkness no longer need to keep window open, same water, new 200cfm inline fan, same clip fan, humidity is more like 30-35%

PH of 7 is too high, plant will have a tough time absorbing nutes from soil. Humidity is low

I don't know which ecoscrapes you are using, but the one i looked up after reading your post is not good for cannabis. Any soil that adds moisture crystals or whatever to retain moisture is bad for pot. Pot needs a wet and dry cycle. So get some good soil and replant in a fabric pot and start again, with the same seedlings. They look hungry and wet to me.

Yeah rose I should’ve done more research before choosing it a lesson learned.
Another issue I found while transplanting is it had a lot of roots in the layer of perlite which has what I’m guessing is chemical nutrients it says there’s food on the bag. My thought is that they hit the perlite and were overfed?/burned and i got root lock which led to the stunted growth??. Again another lesson learned not using mg perlite. Today I have transplanted them into 2 gal pots with happy frog. Also knocked all the perlite off the bottom when I transplanted carefully of course
Thanks for the input rose & umbra

View attachment 72D1DDE7-AF3D-41E9-87AF-F653593CA60C.jpg

You will see growth now in happy frog, good choice. The perlite i buy is just perlite, no nutes in it. it is just to aireate the soil. Glad you upped your game, this will be fun to see them pull out of it. mojo for the babies.

Never tried happy frog, but hear good things. By the way what soil or mix were you using before? Have you looked into adding some worm castings as a top dressing?

Latest posts

Back