Starting a new grow in 8X8 room segestions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbbubs85

Reaction score
This is not my first grow i have done others in the past that were successful but always looking to get better.

I am planning on having 6 plants in bud and 6 in veg legally with 2 medical licenses. so i going to break the room up different sections. I have a 1000W hps and 1000w mH . In an a 8X8 room.

I am planning on tieing the plants down to create more stalks and maximize bud per plant. Has anyone tied down and used chicken wire SOG method?

I am going to start with the soil. I was looking into fox farm but i have read some bad reviews about it getting infestations. I not to sure what to think because alot of people like it.

I am between a mix of
40% fox farm ocean Forrest mix
40% Pro mix Bx or pro mix and Dolomite lime if no bx
20% chunky perlite
or
20% perlite
60% pro mix bx
20% worm casting
some kalp-meal or bat guana

I plan on using earth juice ferts.

Pics to come soon once things are more established

Any suggestion on soil?. I can get most any strain what would you suggest for biggest yield with quality bud.

So many choices on strains. Its your call, I could go on and on which one. Right now I cant stop looking at Jack the Ripper.

Soil, Check your local Nursery? Sometimes they might have gold.

as far as soil your on the right track. Strain ide go with super lemon haze. Cant go wrong with a hightimes winner and it has great yields.

What you are talking about with the screen is known as SCROG--screen of green. SOG is sea of green, a method where you have a large number of plants and basically grow them single cola. I had quite a successful scrog grow with Satori.

You'll increase your yield if you light up a bit more with the HPS, wouldn't you? If you bust the room in half, you end up with (2) 32 sq ft spaces. 50 watts per equals 1600 watts. At 140,000 lumens for that 1000watt, you're not under illuminated bad though, just minimal.

JMO, but I've become a light freak--I'm blowing over a 1/4 mil lumens in the same space.

Latest posts

Back