Auto's just for seed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello AutoFems Rule !! :)

I have never tried S1.

Are you thinking of using the male hermie or the female hermie?

:peace:

Can someone explain S1? I wouldn't think you would want to start with a hermi? Going for fem seeds? Seems with mass quantities of auto seeds it would be better to just cull the males? That's my plan anyway .... Big Fun Girl planted like 80 at once and only selected the best for flowering ......

Hello my friend!

Now why would I want that? Not really trying to sound sarky here.... but my eyebrows are raised....

S1 is where people try to make fem seeds.

Im quite happy using my own clean seeds.

great thread HIE. i read it all and really liked it. i hope all is good with the seeds when you get to grow them. i have been making my own seeds for a few years now and enjoy every minute of it from start to finish every time. i have not ever ordered seeds online yet but do plan on doing so sometime soon cuz im tired of my strains for now and want to play some more and want good genetics to play with. i will be watching to see how the grow turns out for you next season. great job.
:48:

Hi HIE - spring is on the way and all around there's talk of autos. So of course my calendar's out and my thoughts are on my upcoming autos for seeds project. I've got 10 Auto AK47 reg seeds.

My current grow has an estimated harvest date of the last week in Feb. so I'm wondering what's the earliest I can germinate these seeds.... My guess is Feb 7th. with an estimated harvest date of mid late April. So is two months for drying enough time for the seeds?

Hello OHC :)

Just out of curiosity I germed 1 seed at 6 weeks from the plant pod and it germed, so I would say yes, they will be fine.

I air dried my seeds for a week then put them in a cannister with some rice to absorb all moisture from the seeds.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello AutoFems Rule !! :)

I have never tried S1.

Are you thinking of using the male hermie or the female hermie?

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, to be true S1 you have to hermie a female then when you use that to pollinate another female..you only trully have female genes ,

thus guaranteeing ALL offspring are female !! (or hermie but if you use stable females to make the seeds then that is a rare occurence)

Peace

Thanks for clearing that up AutoFems Rule :)

This seed making is new to me.

I have years of learning ahead of me yet :p

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, to be true S1 you have to hermie a female then when you use that to pollinate another female..you only trully have female genes ,
I don't believe so.. I 'think' a true S1 is a plant forced to hermie, then pollinating "THAT" same female cutting(not another female, but a cutting from the same female) with the hermie pollen.
I also strongly disagree with ppl tossing "fems' and autos" out into the great outdoors where it could potentially contaminate others outdoor grows. Pollen can travel long distances. "I" don't want the undesirable genetics spreading randomly throughout the world.

Latest posts

Back