Kush, Purps, and BC Mango - Here We Grow Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massproducer

Reaction score
So I just got my new seeds today. I got Mendo Purple(purps), BC Kush and BC Mango. I just moved not too long ago and this will be my first grow in my new place...Because I moved and had to take down my old set up, I thought it was time for a change...Not a major change but somewhat of a major change. I used to grow mainly in dwc multi-tubs, having 2-4 plants per rubbermaid. My last few grows were hybrid aero/nft chambers, that I made myself out of 6" pvc pipe.

I now have choosen to go back to a variation of DWC. It is basically a recirculating DWC system that totally replaces the water atleast 6 times every hour. Some people call these bio-buckets.

I have a lot going on in my life right now as my wife is ready to have our third child any day, so I have not fully completed my system as of yet, but it will only take about a day to finish. I like to build my own systems so i can customize it to my situation and needs. I hope to get some pictures up later tonight of the system layout and components.

Day 1 Germination

I like to put my seeds in little containers to germinate with a bit of damp paper towel on the bottom and another small peice on top. The containers i am using now are perfect for me because they are small and have lids that keep the humidity up inside.

DSCF0955.JPG

DSCF0956.JPG

DSCF0957.JPG

DSCF0959.JPG

Sounds like some good strains that you've picked out. I'm sure they will be some great smoke. I can't wait to watch your grow journal my friend. I will definitely be pulling up a chair.

Good luck with the coming baby. Take care and be safe.

I checked today and I have 4 purps seeds, 3 kush and 2 mango seeds all cracked in under 12 hours. I will be sowing these in my rockwool starter cubes in a bit. I also am going to try to make it to home depot later to atleast finish my supply line for my system.

here are a few pictures of my systems basic layout. It looks like a bunch of buckets right now, i know but soon everything will take shape.

First pic- Basic layout
Second pic- Starting of supply line
Thrid pic- supply line connected to mag drive pump- mine is 1300 GPH
Fourth pic- rockwool preconditioning (soaking in a ph'd solution)
Seeds germinating with heater set to 80F

DSCF0960.JPG

DSCF0962.JPG

DSCF0961.JPG

DSCF0963.JPG

DSCF0964.JPG

do u have holes in your lids for da seeds and also r u gunna b growing in da whitte buckets bcuz u will get root rot my friend was doin da same grow as me and he didnt have time to buy another black bucket and in a matter of daze all his roots were roted

Like I said right now you just see buckets, I buy white buckets because i can get them for cheaper. Wheather black or white I totally insulate my buckets with foam, and poly sheeting.

Having white buckets does not cause root rot, it can cause light to get into your buckets which can lead to algea growth, and because light can get through it can cause your temps to go up, which in the end could lead to root rot.

when a plant goes into root rot but stays alive is it possible to go thru with da buddin process anyway

the best thing to do at any sign of root rot is to first lower the waters temps, and then buy some H202 and totally flush with just water and h202. The bactaria are feeding on the nutes and carbs in your roots and system, and h202 will kill all bactaria...Bad thing is that it will also kill the beneficals as well.

It is hard to say if you will make it through flowering but this will give you the best chance

i flushed it but with some stuff called flora kleen idk if its da same or not its been veg for likke 8 weeks and my friend took alot clones off of it and decide dat it still looks healthy enough on da outside to bud

Good job with the clones. That's what I would do. Take as many clones as possible and try to deal with the root rot then. If you can't get it under control, you have the clones to replace it. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Okay so I went to Canadian Tire today and got what I needed to complete the supply and return lines. Unfortunatly I got the wrong coupling and will have to finish the return line tomorrow...But...I did get the supply line finished tonight.:hubba:

So basically the supply line constantly circulates the water from the rez to each of the individual buckets. The solution is pumped from the rez into each bucket. I have somewhat of strong pump, and it totally exchanges the solution in each bucket 18 - 20 times every hour.

It is constructed of 3/4" PVC pipe, 3/4" pvc Tee's, 3/4" pvc elbows and 3/4" pvc male adaptors.

Here's a few pictures showing the supply line.

Picture 1 - Shows the supply line connected to the pump and the beginning of the supply line branching off to feed the 2 rows of buckets.

Picture 2 - Shows where the supply line connects to each bucket.

Picture 3 - Shows the end connection which is a 90° pvc elbow

DSCF0965.JPG

DSCF0966.JPG

DSCF0967.JPG

Looking good so far. Can't wait to see it all come together. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

Nice. I dont do hydro but will follow this thread with eager anticipation. I got my seeds around the same time from the same place so that adds to my ntrest. very interesting so far.

looks pretty tech

cant wait to see your craft at work...peace!

You gonna smoke it when it's all done? LOL

like da way yo system is lookin so far might use this with 1 of my friends once i see your genius at work

I like that this started as a pile of parts. Good luck. The strains sound really good!

Latest posts

Back