Signs Your Neighbor Is Running A Marijuana Grow Operation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

POTUS

Dudes and Dudettes, this is the type of crap that the narcs are putting on websites now. It's another form of "Bust your neighbor" or "Narc on Mom and Dad" methods that the cops are resorting to.

Learn from this. Learn to make your grow as stealthy as possible. Take nothing for granted. Trust NO ONE. TELL NO ONE.

Here's what the DEA has on one site:

(Brought to you from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Seattle Field Division)

This is provided for informational purposes only. While marijuana grow operations are appearing on a frequent and accelerating basis in residential neighborhoods, they are almost always connected to organized crime. Do not take it upon yourself to investigate or approach the suspects. Call your local law enforcement or use the “DEA TIPS” link located on the DEA website.

Ask yourself: Do you know your neighbors?

Have you been inside their home or does something seem peculiar or different about their home?

In order to deflect suspicion, it is not unusual for children to reside in homes being used to cultivate marijuana.

The indicators listed below may reveal a marijuana grow that is contained in a home in your neighborhood:

�� Windows are covered/blacked out and are never opened.

�� Windows have condensation forming due to high levels of humidity.

�� Neighbors are seen at the home only on a sporadic basis.

�� New neighbors move into a home without furniture or belongings. They are rarely seen entering or exiting with groceries or conducting everyday chores.

�� Access to the residence is primarily through the garage.

�� Unusual traffic, such as a heavy volume of visitors for short amounts of time, and visitors waiting outside in the car.

�� People are seen entering with plastic sheeting, plant stocks, fertilizer bags, plastic piping, large amounts of potting soil and pots. These items may also be left outside.

�� When seen, individuals are entering or departing the residence with large heavy garbage bags.

�� Additional water lines and/or electrical cords are running into the residence.

�� Unusual odor omitting from the residence similar to a “skunk” smell.

�� Unusual amounts of steam coming from the vents.

�� Mail not picked up and garbage not taken out. This is also sometimes done to avoid suspicion.

�� Very bright lights not consistent with home lighting.

�� Humming sounds, hammering or drilling coming from the residence.

POTUS said:
Dudes and Dudettes, this is the type of crap that the narcs are putting on websites now. It's another form of "Bust your neighbor" or "Narc on Mom and Dad" methods that the cops are resorting to.

Learn from this. Learn to make your grow as stealthy as possible. Take nothing for granted. Trust NO ONE. TELL NO ONE.

Here's what the DEA has on one site:

(Brought to you from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Seattle Field Division)

This is provided for informational purposes only. While marijuana grow operations are appearing on a frequent and accelerating basis in residential neighborhoods, they are almost always connected to organized crime. Do not take it upon yourself to investigate or approach the suspects. Call your local law enforcement or use the “DEA TIPS” link located on the DEA website.

Ask yourself: Do you know your neighbors?

Have you been inside their home or does something seem peculiar or different about their home?

In order to deflect suspicion, it is not unusual for children to reside in homes being used to cultivate marijuana.

The indicators listed below may reveal a marijuana grow that is contained in a home in your neighborhood:

􀂾 Windows are covered/blacked out and are never opened.

􀂾 Windows have condensation forming due to high levels of humidity.

􀂾 Neighbors are seen at the home only on a sporadic basis.

􀂾 New neighbors move into a home without furniture or belongings. They are rarely seen entering or exiting with groceries or conducting everyday chores.

􀂾 Access to the residence is primarily through the garage.

􀂾 Unusual traffic, such as a heavy volume of visitors for short amounts of time, and visitors waiting outside in the car.

􀂾 People are seen entering with plastic sheeting, plant stocks, fertilizer bags, plastic piping, large amounts of potting soil and pots. These items may also be left outside.

􀂾 When seen, individuals are entering or departing the residence with large heavy garbage bags.

􀂾 Additional water lines and/or electrical cords are running into the residence.

􀂾 Unusual odor omitting from the residence similar to a “skunk” smell.

􀂾 Unusual amounts of steam coming from the vents.

􀂾 Mail not picked up and garbage not taken out. This is also sometimes done to avoid suspicion.

􀂾 Very bright lights not consistent with home lighting.

􀂾 Humming sounds, hammering or drilling coming from the residence.

:holysheep: This fits just about anyone who is even remodeling their bathroom! If someone calls you in, do they need to get a warrent? Can they get one on an anonymous tip? Pretty sure they can, but this is just retarded... Seems a little alarmist, and propagandist to me...

Fadeux said:
:holysheep: This fits just about anyone who is even remodeling their bathroom! If someone calls you in, do they need to get a warrent? Can they get one on an anonymous tip? Pretty sure they can, but this is just retarded... Seems a little alarmist, and propagandist to me...

Irregardless, it's a real web page put out by the DEA.

If the cops can convince a judge to give them a warrant based on some of that criteria, AND you actually do have a grow going, I have no doubt that the search warrant would stand up in court.

It's a case of BIG BROTHER wanting ALL MJ growers busted. They don't care what tactics they have to use or justify.

In cases I've read about, the DEA usually watches the house for days, weeks or even months until they see something that clinches the bust.

The neighbors are the ones who started the watching...

LOL, the war on a plant costs us how much a year?

That's pretty crazy stuff. What a terrible waste of tax dollars.....Just my thoughts. Thanks for the story. Take care and be safe.

ne more proof how full of dum dum are cops , i agree u will do all of those things while working on ur home whats the point of that ?? damm cops we all know that 90% any crime are solved tanks to tips . if only everyone would mine theyr own bussines would be grat.

You know where I come from it's called ratting on people, it's very unamerican IMO. Woops I'm sorry in theory it's very unamerican. The freest country in the world asks it's citizens to rat on each other and uses CHILDREN who do not know any better. What would do more damage to a child, her daddy smoking weed or her sending her daddy away for smoking weed? I'm sorry but the children (DARE) should never be allowed to be put through something like this NEVER, IMO it's downright evil and uses children. I'm gonna stop now it's Sunday and I don't feel like getting worked up over something like this. PURE EVIL in my eyes.

Actually if I was a douche I would call on all my LEO neighnors just to prove a point LOL. Imagine cops showing up at cops houses and then the news getting wind? Pipe dreams but hey it's their policy maybe I should start to use it, also my neihbor is adding a second floor maybe he is a druggie? It's downright silly. Don't they have better things to do? Like go after criminals, violent ones especially. The War on Violent Crime sounds great to me, why don't we have this war? The War on Starvation, Education, Healthcare, etc. etc.

Also if I have to go looking for "trouble" is it really trouble? Is it affecting me? Why should I care then? IMO if it isn't hurting anyone and we have to go looking for it, is it really a big deal? The same country that wrote the Bill of Rights now has it's citizens spying for them, it's like a bad dream IMO it's very "paranoid" of our Federal Government and like the same old story, good thing none of my plants are communists...wink wink. If you want to really waste tax dollars start a war on old ladies and all the Poppies they grow, if you're paranoid at least go all the way. The sad thing is people are brainwashed and believe anything they are told so now we need to worry about our neighbors and our children on top of our very own government.

POTUS said:
Irregardless, it's a real web page put out by the DEA.

If the cops can convince a judge to give them a warrant based on some of that criteria, AND you actually do have a grow going, I have no doubt that the search warrant would stand up in court.

It's a case of BIG BROTHER wanting ALL MJ growers busted. They don't care what tactics they have to use or justify.

In cases I've read about, the DEA usually watches the house for days, weeks or even months until they see something that clinches the bust.

The neighbors are the ones who started the watching...

Ok, I just didn't know if an anoynomous tip could validate leo breaking down your door. Obviously, you want to keep the grow silent.

It's so easy not to get caught. This "notice" put out by the DEA is ridiculous in so many ways and it's hard to believe they actually link these extremely vague actions directly to cannabis cultivation.

Here's how not to get caught; Don't let anyone search your house unless they have a search warrant, don't give cops a reason to get one, and if anyone comes to your house wanting to inspect your electric usage, tell them to get lost if they don't have a warrant.

Build a false wall for the entry to your grow room so nobody, even a cop would assume there is anything behind it. Use a carbon filter for the air exhaust and don't vent room to room.

If you follow all the above you would have to do something very stupid to get caught.

snuggles said:
the children (DARE) should never be allowed to be put through something like this NEVER, IMO it's downright evil and uses children.

I think so too. Using children for that type of thing is absolute evil.

The person who thought of it should be put into a cell with Hannibil and a sharp knife. <Yum-Yum, eat em up!>

IllusionalFate said:
If you follow all the above you would have to do something very stupid to get caught.

I've had a hydro grow room for almost 25 years. Not even a close call.

I tell people who want to know what's in that room that I invent things and it's my work room. Very private!

POTUS said:
I've had a hydro grow room for almost 25 years. Not even a close call.

I tell people who want to know what's in that room that I invent things and it's my work room. Very private!
I tell 'um it's a 'cold room'... where I store nosey peoples body parts.. :)

My Landlord gives me a great discount to use that room for storage, thats why there is that deadbolt on it, and I couldn't even get into it if I wanted to.

wow, i guess i better not hum anymore while avoiding taking out the garbage in my blacked out room! at least my garage door is broke so i wont be using garage as primary entrance. when i was a young whippersnapper i heard the phrase "snitches end up in ditches". i'll nevr forget the day i was told the meaning of the phrase... i would maintain just enough contact with neighbors not to seem weird, and to read there body language.

Hick said:
I tell 'um it's a 'cold room'... where I store nosey peoples body parts.. :)
:rofl: that would explain the power use too :D a few deep freezers :shocked:

very good read! thanks. i grow for myself and thats it. so my grows are so small its hard for me to find'em sometimes. lol. get greedy get caught!

Latest posts

Back