Massive Marijuana Grow Operation Busted in Laporte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Local and federal authorities have seized more than 1300 marijuana plants and arrested a suspect in connection with a large-scale grow operation at a home in Laporte.

Eloy Ignacio Garrido, 32, faces 5 felony counts after Larimer County Sheriff’s Investigators and agents with the Drug Enforcement Agency raided the home at 6265 Kremers Lane.

Authorities say they seized 1307 marijuana plants and 47 pounds of finished product with an estimated street value of $1.5 million. Investigators believe that every 90 days, based on a 60-day harvest cycle, the cultivated product would sell for approximately $3.2 million.

According to seized records, a large portion of the marijuana was being sent to California.

Investigators say the highly complex system for hydroponic growing was powered by a 20,000 watt diesel generator which was buried in the ground.

Garrido was arrested on Oct. 29 and booked on three counts of Marijuana Offense, a class 4 felony, and one count of Special Offender, a class 2 felony.

Bond was set at $50,000.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/56lj73

Bust.jpg

and did not get charged for intend to sell?

that picture look like it was intend to transport and intend to sell..

he must be lucky maybe leo let it slide and stash some of that for leos..

Man, I always want to know how the hell they got caught. Sounds like a pretty nice set up, and sending out of state, 20,000w underground gen. etc. He just told the wrong person I suppose.

nvthis said:
Man, I always want to know how the hell they got caught. Sounds like a pretty nice set up, and sending out of state, 20,000w underground gen. etc. He just told the wrong person I suppose.

Or dealt with the wrong people...

Latest posts

Back