Auto's just for seed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stides said:
cool tent but dont u worry about neighbours snoopin?

Its strange you should say that .....

I have a new neighbour and he is transforming his garden into his idea of eden.

He has told me of his plans to take our deviding fence down and put a new one up (It is his fence)

So as I stood talking with him and he told of his plans all I could imagine is all eyes would be able to see into my greenhouse.

It looks like I'm not going to be able to grow big plants this year and this years plants will all have to be Auto's because they are small and easily moveable in a hurry.

So I'm still not sure how this season is going to end up.

With that in mind I thought I had better get 3 more Auto's on the go, these are Lowryder#2

Picture 1 is the seeds floating on normal un heated tap water.

Picture 2 is 5 mins before I left for a trip to Wales for 4 days, what I did was simply poke the seeds under the surface of the water and left them on a shelf in semi darkness, no added warmth, just left alone.

Picture 3 is what I arrived back to today, all 3 popped and ready to go into pots.

:peace:

2 2 shot.JPG

2 2 shot 1.JPG

2 2 shot 2.JPG

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain things so well, HIE. This is very interesting and I wish the best w/your experiments! Nice tip on the vinegar, a bit easier than orange peels :)

Cheers,

After 4 days away I came back to find the hermie AK eaten by snails.

No big loss.

I contacted an old pal and she mentioned she had a male Auto AK she was just about to kill, so I drove over to fetch it.

Picture 1, I have my first confirmed Auto Hindu Kush.

Picture 2, as advertised they grow small.

Picture 3, Male Auto AK.

Pictures 4.5 and 6, the male dissasembled.

Picture 7 is interesting, this is what is inside the male sacks and what they look like as they start to open ready to shed pollen.

Picture 8, the best branches with most pollen sacks on them.

I am letting to sack laden branches dry inside a plastic zip lock but the opening is left open so the branches can dry and release its pollen.

38.JPG

39.JPG

40.JPG

41.JPG

42.JPG

43.JPG

44.JPG

45.JPG

Looking good for an interesting cross there HIE. :)

That placcy bag,I'd prop that open and make sure no light shines on it as heat could make the plant material sweat.You've probably got tons for what you want but pollen can't tolerate getting saturated with water can it?

I was watching a Ray Mears vid of him in the outback yesterday,using a large plastic bag to get water from a young tree and was reminded by your pic of the male in the bag,but it's not the outback and the bag is open but hey ho.

I made loads of autoflower seeds ages ago to give out to peeps maybe daring enough to grow a small plant or 2 on the patio and hope the bug will bite and they go on to other strains.

One friend lived on the canal and he carpet bombed the bank with 80 of e'm!

ey man good job i just confirmed i have a male that i was growin outside, so how many weeks into the grow do i wait till i cut off n store like your doing?...n how long can i store it?and how?im a plant the reast my autos outside soon.

smokeup420 said:
ey man good job i just confirmed i have a male that i was growin outside, so how many weeks into the grow do i wait till i cut off n store like your doing?...n how long can i store it?and how?im a plant the reast my autos outside soon.

Hello Smoke :)

The male I was given was 2 weeks after showing its sex, so the plant was 4-5 weeks old.

This is the first time for me to collect pollen, so I have no idea how long it will last, although I only plan on using the pollen this season and if I ever needed more, I would grow a new male.

Looking good HIE. I will definitely be following this one. Keep us posted my friend. Take care and be safe.

I have sweating balls.

So out the plastic zip bag and into a plastic contaner with a lid so I can control the air circulation.

The remaining AK is a female :)

So I have a female Hindu Kush and a female AK, the last Hindu Kush is refusing to show me what way it swings yet.

I just planted 3 Lowryder#2's in a pot, 3 seeds in a single 3 gallon pot.

While im doing this experiment I wanted to try several seed strain runs.

If the last Hindu Kush is a male im going to toss it, im only going to use the AK pollen.

46.JPG

47.JPG

Time to pot the AK up a size.

From 2 pint to 2 gallon.

Some new people worry about transplanting, trust me, its a piece of cake.

Pic 1, Empty 2 gal pot and the fem AK.

Pic 2, 1/4 of the bottom of the 2 gal pot filled with my medium.

Pic 3, I then sit the pot with the plant inside on the top of the soil of the big pot.

Pic 4, I then fill around the smaller pot with my grow medium loosely and firm it down gently, The soil is packed loose so that the roots can easily grow outwards into un compressed medium.

Pic 5, I lift the small pot out leaving a hole exactly the same size as the small pot.

Pic 6, Small pot upturned and the bottom tapped to loosen the medium inside, I let the medium inside the small pot dry out to ease removal.

Pic 7, Surprising how many roots!

Pic 8, The small plant is put into the hole in the large pot and an inch of medium is lain on top to bury the old medium into the new medium.

There you have it, re potted, very easy to do :)

I will show the root growth when I harvest this plant to show how the roots that seem bound from the small pot have gown into the new big pot.

48.JPG

49.JPG

50.JPG

51.JPG

52.JPG

53.JPG

54.JPG

55.JPG

For some reason, even with all the hard work it can entail, I like transplanting. It's a piece of cake. It's like giving your plants a new start in life.

Good luck, Hippy. I hope you get what you're after and at the end of the summer you'll have some good smoke to last you the rest of the year.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Smoke :)

The male I was given was 2 weeks after showing its sex, so the plant was 4-5 weeks old.

This is the first time for me to collect pollen, so I have no idea how long it will last, although I only plan on using the pollen this season and if I ever needed more, I would grow a new male.

cool thanks, im not planing on keepin it longer then a month, just enough time for me to grow the other 4 seeds i have, pluse i also just wanna see how u doo it n how the results turn out.. i kinda got the jist of it,,, rub pollin on q tip then when female is ready lightly tap the qtip so pollen falls, or something lol but yeaa cant wait till ur done :)

yeah good question newbud
i usually just look at the plant, and can
tell when it needs to be transplanted. by size.
right now im using the pots with 1 big hole on the bottom
and 1 big hole on each of the sides, and i can see already
the roots through the holes, some poking out slightly.

Latest posts

Back