Waterfarm with Jack Herrer, Pineapple Kush & AK-48 Clones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midibullets

Vortex shedding daily...
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my first grow! This will be a Prop 215/SB 240 compliant grow to provide medicine for myself. I just got 4 clones today and put them in a larger Grodan Cube since the roots were starting to come out the bottom of the smaller cubes. I watered with plain old distilled water, and added a tiny bit of GH 3 part nutes since the clones looked a little yellow and in need of some love. I've added the Lambs Bread and Mazar 2 weeks later to start the "cycle"

1 Jack Herrer
2 Pineapple Kush
1 G-48 (AK-48 x God's Gift)
1 Lambs Bread
1 Mazar

Right now these are under flourescents, 4 32watt T8 bulbs, 2 cool white, 2 warm white. i've got the lights about a foot over the plants. I've got them on an 18/6 lighting schedule, which started today :)

These clones look a litttle weak, any suggestions?

OP001.jpg

OP002-JHERRER.jpg

OP003-PINEAPPLEKUSH.jpg

OP004-G48.jpg

Pullin up a seat....no advice since I am not lucky enough to be able to get clones where I am....what is your grow experience and what are your plans for this grow?

nice do you got any info on your pineapple kush ?

Hamster: I've never grown with hydro, although i've been studying how to do it for many years, and seen it in action with some of my freinds setups. I did grow 1 plant indoors in soil about 10 years ago, with mediocre results. I've studied this forum extensively, read 2 books, watched 3 DVD's, so i feel I know the basics, but never actually tried it yet, this will be my first. My hopes for this grow is to veg for a month, and flower for 2 months. I hope to be harvesting in March and get at least an ounce off each plant. I've got a 400Watt HPS for the flowering, and a Waterfarm system with Hydroton as my medium.

Eastla: I dont have any info on the Pinapple Kush, other than it came from a local dispensary that is known for its amazing herbs. My understanding is these clones are from their garden :)

midibullets said:
Hamster: I've never grown with hydro, although i've been studying how to do it for many years, and seen it in action with some of my freinds setups. I did grow 1 plant indoors in soil about 10 years ago, with mediocre results. I've studied this forum extensively, read 2 books, watched 3 DVD's, so i feel I know the basics, but never actually tried it yet, this will be my first. My hopes for this grow is to get at least an ounce off each plant. I've got a 400Watt HPS for the flowering, and a Waterfarm system with Hydroton as my medium.

Eastla: I dont have any info on the Pinapple Kush, other than it came from a local dispensary that is known for its amazing herbs. My understanding is these clones are from their garden :)

kool you got some dank there gee i smoked 2 diff types of p.a.kush both were bomb one tasted/smelled like fresh cut pineapples and the other had the actual yellow tinting of a pineapple with a spicier taste but the potency was a 9 killer buds

eastla_kushsmoka said:
kool you got some dank there gee i smoked 2 diff types of p.a.kush both were bomb one tasted/smelled like fresh cut pineapples and the other had the actual yellow tinting of a pineapple with a spicier taste but the potency was a 9 killer buds

Word! Good to hear :) I've never tried pinapple kush, but I know Jack Herrer is my favorite Sativa, so i know what to expect from that one. The G48 will also be a new strain for me :)

I'm in, looking forward to the pinapple, green mojo to ya!

These clones look a litttle weak, any suggestions?

are they rooted real well? if not I'd slap em under a under dome for a lil bit longer. How far away you got the light?

Chef: Thanks for the mojo! :)

Mutt: They had a few roots growing out the bottom when i got them. See pics below. They are 12" from the flourescent bulbs currently.

001-PinappleRoots.jpg

002-JackHerrerRoots.jpg

003-G48Roots.jpg

those clones look okay to me...

I have grown pineapple Kush (and grapefruit kush) in my waterfarms...the pineapple came out smelling like.....pineapple, really sweet...

matter of fact, I forgot what it was, then after it had been flowering for about 5 weeks, I smelled it and suddenly remembered that I had been told that it was pineapple kush....

post on this thread or PM me if you have any questions about your waterfarms...

good luck though..looks like you're off to a good start:)

Once the roots are showing thru the rockwool I plant them in the waterfarm.

CMD420: Yeah, i cant wait to smell the pineapple! And I may take you up on the Waterfarm questions pretty soon. :)

Growdude: Yeah, i wasnt sure if I shouls put the small rockwool right into the Waterfarms. The way i've seen it done is putting them into the 4'' rockwool, then into the waterfarm once the roots grow out of the 4'' cube. Although I would like to get the plants in the Waterfarms so IT can be watering them, not me :)

Strawberry: Thanks!

I put the 4" Grodan cubes in the Waterfarm today. I'm still watering them by hand until i make sure I have enough distilled water to run all 4 buckets. I bought a commercial air pump that pumps 70L per minute and has 8 outlets, so should be plenty to push all 4 buckets I hope. How much water do you think is required for each bucket's rez? I'm thinking of doing single buckets with no Rez my first time around just to get the hang of it, then move to the controller/rez. How long would 1 Waterfarm bucket last before I'd have to change the nutes/water? I have to leave town for 4 days pretty soon, so i'm hoping the individual Rez's will hold enough water for that amount of time, if not, i guess i'll have to get the controller working yeah? Here are a few more pics of how things are going, thanks for any comments or advice! :)

001-Waterfarm.jpg

002-WaterfarmFar.jpg

003-WaterfarmFilter.jpg

005-WaterfarmJackH.jpg

006-WaterfarmG48.jpg

007-WaterfarmPK.jpg

midibullets said:
I put the 4" Grodan cubes in the Waterfarm today. I'm still watering them by hand until i make sure I have enough distilled water to run all 4 buckets. I bought a commercial air pump that pumps 70L per minute and has 8 outlets, so should be plenty to push all 4 buckets I hope. How much water do you think is required for each bucket's rez? I'm thinking of doing single buckets with no Rez my first time around just to get the hang of it, then move to the controller/rez. How long would 1 Waterfarm bucket last before I'd have to change the nutes/water? I have to leave town for 4 days pretty soon, so i'm hoping the individual Rez's will hold enough water for that amount of time, if not, i guess i'll have to get the controller working yeah? Here are a few more pics of how things are going, thanks for any comments or advice! :)

Looks well organized and clean!..

Each bucket holds about 1.75 gallons...under some HPS lights this will probably not be enough for four days as alot will evaporate....if you are using a conversion bulb or MH and things are nice and cool, you could probably swing it for four days...

It's easy to string em together, but if you are growing different strains for your first time, keeping them separated is easier as different strains have different nute/pH requirements...

You have it right..the stronger the air pump for your buckets, the better...I have a nozzle dedicated to each bucket..extra pumps, but no splitters:)

Just something for you...you mught want to get the drip rings as low to the hydroton as possible..

I have shortened all of my drip stakes so that I can push the rings down into the hydroton and cover them up

When your fans are blowing, (you have plenty right?:))

1)they will blow the water from the drip rings all over the hydroton, then

2)that will be exposed to light and

3) viola..you have a bunch of goofy looking algae (light+h20=algae) but if you bury the rings, they won't "spit" in the wind

Oh, and you will be fine changing the nutes, etc every 7 days or so..(I do every 5 sometimes)..

Be sure to make sure that you are topping off with fresh pH'ed water in between nute changes......

GOOD LUCK...:)

cmd420 said:
Looks well organized and clean!..

Each bucket holds about 1.75 gallons...under some HPS lights this will probably not be enough for four days as alot will evaporate....if you are using a conversion bulb or MH and things are nice and cool, you could probably swing it for four days...
Cool, i just put 2 gallons in mine, and it almost filled to the line on the blue tube measure thingy. I'll be running 4 32watt T8 bulbs, so heat should not be a problem. During the day it gets as high as 78F and at night around 71F. Humidity stays around 60%.

cmd420 said:
It's easy to string em together, but if you are growing different strains for your first time, keeping them separated is easier as different strains have different nute/pH requirements...
yeah this is what scares me, and why i'd like to do them in separate buckets. I have no clue how to remedy certain things when things go wrong, and in addition, i'm starting this with almost no money. i bought everything used for a cheap as I could, trying to get the nicest gear I could afford, and i'm about out of funds at this point. I couldnt even afford a real PH/EC/PPM meter. All i currently have is that PH UP/Down liquid and the vial to test my PH, and trying to keep it close to 6 or a little less, as best I can. I'm using the GH Flora 3 part nutes, only adding 1/4 teaspoon per gallon currently. I want to start low so i dont screw things up.

cmd420 said:
You have it right..the stronger the air pump for your buckets, the better...I have a nozzle dedicated to each bucket..extra pumps, but no splitters:)
Yeah, i figured get more than i needed just in case i want to add buckets, or add airstones or something like that.

cmd420 said:
Just something for you...you mught want to get the drip rings as low to the hydroton as possible..

I have shortened all of my drip stakes so that I can push the rings down into the hydroton and cover them up

When your fans are blowing, (you have plenty right?:))

1)they will blow the water from the drip rings all over the hydroton, then

2)that will be exposed to light and

3) viola..you have a bunch of goofy looking algae (light+h20=algae) but if you bury the rings, they won't "spit" in the wind
yeah, i read that somewhere in this forum before, i'll have to do that. Do you cut the pipes at the top? and how much, since you need adequate amount of the pipe in the water to pump nutes?

cmd420 said:
Oh, and you will be fine changing the nutes, etc every 7 days or so..(I do every 5 sometimes)..

Be sure to make sure that you are topping off with fresh pH'ed water in between nute changes......

GOOD LUCK...:)
I figure i'll change them once a week. I've seen one guys setup where he was running the controller/rez and said he never changed the water during veg, and then changed before flower, and kept that water until flush time, and somehow his stuff still turned out good.
What do you mean by "topping off with fresh PH'd water". Like flush the plants with 5.x PH water before i give them a new batch of nutes each week? Thanks!

Hey all, i'm getting a little nervous because of the performance of the Waterfarm. I just want to see if its doing what it is supposed to. The drip ring on each bucket is SLOOOOWWW. I thought that there would be a steady stream of water flowing out each hole in the drip ring, but only the holes closest to the rez tube actually have water coming out of them, and the holes toward the opposite end of the ring have little if no water coming out of them. I left 1 bucket running all night, and the hydroton around the Grodan cube are still not wet! I guess i'm wondering if that is normal? How long does it take before the entire bucket of hydroton becomes soaked with water so the grow cubes can feed? Also, should i leave the waterfarms running 24/7 with the grodan cubes in it? They seem to be VERY waterlogged and never seem to dry out, so if i'm constantly watering them, i'm afraid that may become a problem. any advice would be helpful! thanks!

Did ya push the tubes all the way down and level the ring yet?

Is your water level at the mark on the overflow tube?

Growdude said:
Did ya push the tubes all the way down and level the ring yet?

Is your water level at the mark on the overflow tube?

Hey Growdude. Yes, i finished cutting all the tubes. I cut about 1 1/2 inches off the top, and kept the air tube same length so it sticks out above the top of the hydroton. I buried the small rockwool cubes with roots the same level as the drip ring, and then filled hydroton over the top of it, so now all i see is hydroton with a plant and an air tube coming out of it :) I assume the hydroton on top of the drip ring will get wet by wicking it up once the hydroton underneath gets wet?

The water is just under the white mark on the overflow tube.

In the next day or 2, i should have my hands on a PH/EC/PPM meter. After my PH scare this morning, i'm starting to realize how necessary it is to have.

midibullets said:
Hey Growdude. Yes, i finished cutting all the tubes. I cut about 1 1/2 inches off the top, and kept the air tube same length so it sticks out above the top of the hydroton. I buried the small rockwool cubes with roots the same level as the drip ring, and then filled hydroton over the top of it, so now all i see is hydroton and an air tube coming out of it :) I assume the hydroton on top of the drip ring will get wet by wicking it up once the hydroton underneath gets wet?

The water is just under the white mark on the overflow tube.

In the next day or 2, i should have my hands on a PH/EC/PPM meter. After my PH scare this morning, i'm starting to realize how necessary it is to have.

Just so the Y fitting is all the way at the bottom of the bucket all is well.

The top hydroton will never get wet thats the point, no algea, no splash.

I like well rooted clones in my waterfarms, dont be afraid to plant them off center to catch drips. I dont think every hole drips all the time just here and there.

I run mine 1 hour on one hour off at your stage, once the roots grow into the bottom rez I run it 24/7.

Sometimes not so well rooted clones will take some time before they take off but when they do they explode.

Latest posts

Back