Waterfarm with Jack Herrer, Pineapple Kush & AK-48 Clones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmd420 said:
Did I understand that to mean that you mixed two different kinds of nutes together without diluting them? This is reeal important....
No, i put the Micro in the water first, then stirred that, then added Gro & Bloom.. Basically i noticed my waterfarms were a little light on water, like 1/2 inch below the line on the blue tubes. In this water were my current nute requirements [5ml per gallon] of GH Flora series. To fill them back up to the line, i diluted 5ml of the GH Flora series in 1 gallon of PH correct water, then from that gallon of nuted water I added to my buckets til it reached the line. I did this last night and overnight my PPM's went from the 700's to the 800's.

But from what i'm hearing from now on, just add PH balanced water with no nutes to top off the Rez right?

midibullets said:
No, i put the Micro in the water first, then stirred that, then added Gro & Bloom.. Basically i noticed my waterfarms were a little light on water, like 1/2 inch below the line on the blue tubes. In this water were my current nute requirements [5ml per gallon] of GH Flora series. To fill them back up to the line, i diluted 5ml of the GH Flora series in 1 gallon of PH correct water, then from that gallon of nuted water I added to my buckets til it reached the line. I did this last night and overnight my PPM's went from the 700's to the 800's.

But from what i'm hearing from now on, just add PH balanced water with no nutes to top off the Rez right?

10-4 on the fresh water top off..

You had me worried there for a minute when I read that u premixed your nutes..sorry I misunderstood...we don't like "nute lock" around these parts pardner...
:)

Adding 2 more to the list: Jamaican Lamb's Bread & Afghani Mazar-I-Sharif.

001-LAMBSBREAD.jpg

002-MAZARISHARIF.jpg

Hi everyone! Just returned from 4 day vacation, and the plants are looking much bigger and all new growth looks great. After 4 days the PH for all plants was about 6.2, and roughly 1050PPM. They are all having issues with the bottom sets of leaves, which are turning crispy and brown on the edges. I figure the plants sitting in water with a PH of 6.0+ for 3-4 full days might have something to do with it. Lowered all PH levels to about 5.6-5.7, and keep it under 6.0 for a few days,and see how they respond. The Pinapple Kush 2 is looking the best, and is getting really tall. The stem seems to be fatter at the top than the bottom, hope that will not become a weight issue later on. With the 2 new additions, the Lambs Bread & Mazar were also 6.2+ PH and about 700-800PPM range starting their 2nd week of veg growth. A little bit of brown edges and crisping on those, but not much at all. I assume this is because of the high PH water for a few days.

The last pic are some seedlings i got started before I left. Some of them have LONG stems and are top heavy, this seems like a light issue i would think, but the flourescents are about 1/2' to 1' from the tops. Anyway, things seem to be moving right along, and cant wait to get these things tall enough to star flowering. My hope is January 1st to put the first 4 plants to 12/12, but we'll have to see. :)

grow-0001.jpg

grow-0002.jpg

grow-0003.jpg

grow-0004.jpg

grow-0005.jpg

grow-0006.jpg

grow-0007.jpg

nice to see your progress, midi!

what kind of light do you have in that veg room?

cmd420 said:
nice to see your progress, midi!

what kind of light do you have in that veg room?

Hey cmd420, I have 4' T8's flourescent, 4 32w bulbs, 2 cool white, 2 warm white.

They look good....

I would want a lil more light in there..that's the only reason I ask..frankly I don' think you need it..your babies are growing up nicely..

rock on dude!

cmd420 said:
They look good....

I would want a lil more light in there..that's the only reason I ask..frankly I don' think you need it..your babies are growing up nicely..

rock on dude!

Oh yeah, i've got a 400 watt HPS ready when needed. I was thinking of picking up 1 more flourescent 4' 2 bulb ballast soon. Will be building a 5'x5'x5' flowering room in the next few weeks as well. :)

Nice dude!

I'm looking forward to seeing a flower room come together for you:)

I smelled some lambs bread at the club a while back the smell truly was like a good homemade wheat bread...I wonder if smoking it would make me want a sancwhich? nice grow! hydro is cool but a bit complicated for this lady..I prefer dirt to water anyways.

2Dog said:
I smelled some lambs bread at the club a while back the smell truly was like a good homemade wheat bread...I wonder if smoking it would make me want a sancwhich? nice grow! hydro is cool but a bit complicated for this lady..I prefer dirt to water anyways.
I just picked up some Lambs Bread yesterday to see for myself, and yes it sure does have a bread kinda smell, which sativa's of this sort do. I've had some fresh grown mexican herb that smelled like this also. The grower of the Lambs Bread in the picture did a great job IMO. Excellent high that leaves a smile on your face.

--001-LAMBSCASE.jpg

--001-LAMBSBREAD-MACRO.jpg

Well, week 4 is here and i've noticed alot of growth the past few days. Roots on some of the buckets are hanging down into the rez now :) They do seem kinda short for 4 weeks veg, but i assume that's because of the PH mishaps i've had in the past couple weeks. I also added a "Tahoe OG Kush" to my collection, its in its first week of veg. I've heard good things about this strain, so i'm looking forward to it.

Now on its 4th week all plants PH is fluctuating between 5.5-6.0. PPM's are in the 900-1000 range. The Lambs Bread, Mazar & Tahoe are on lower nutes, around 500-600PPM. I'm thinking of starting a different journal for them since they are my "2nd rotation" crop.

The new growth looks good, with the Pineapple Kush plants doing the best. Pinapple Kush 2 is far bigger than the rest, and the Lambs Bread is taking off like crazy. I've done some basic LST on all plants except the Lambs Bread, cause you cant keep that one in chains my freinds.. :)

The lower leaves still have crispy brown edges and are curling. Maybe those leaves are wilting cause I didnt plant the rockwool cubes low enough in the hydroton so the drip rings can feed em? Not sure.. anyway, i'm thinking maybe 1-2 weeks more veg, then i'm gonna flower them with my 400HPS.

000----GARDEN-12-2009.jpg

001---TAHOE-OG-CUTTING.jpg

002---MAZAR-2ND-WEEK.jpg

003---LAMBS-BREAD-2ND-WEEK.jpg

004---PINEAPPLE-KUSH-2---4TH-WEEK-VEG.jpg

005---PINEAPPLE-KUSH-1---4TH-WEEK-VEG.jpg

006---G-48---4TH-WEEK-VEG.jpg

007---JACK-HERRER---4TH-WEEK-VEG.jpg

Hey everyone, just updating my journal. Here is everything at week 6. Constructed a flowering room with HPS light, and its workin like a charm. Not flowering any of my plants yet, just have them vegging under the HPS for another week or so until i start the 12/12. Do any of them look big enough to start flowering yet? I'm thinking the Pineapple Kush's and the Lambs Bread, which are about 1.5 feet tall but are growing FAST, and i've only got 5 verticle feet to work with. Anyway, enjoy the pics!

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003-jackherrer.jpg

0004-jackherrer.jpg

0005-jackherrer.jpg

0006-G48.jpg

0007-G48.jpg

0008-G48.jpg

0009-pineapplekush1-2.jpg

0010-pineapplekush2.jpg

0010-pineapplekush2-2.jpg

0011-lambsbread.jpg

Week 10 has arrived and buds are forming quite well :) Had some problems with root aphids, which Azatrol seemed to knock out. I added 1.5ml per gallon of azatrol and ran it in my reservoir for 1 week, then regular nutes for a week, then Azatrol/nutes for another week, etc..

I've added some new plants, and also started a soil run in tandem to the hydro setup.

Week-10-000-PPM-CHART.jpg

Week-10-001-Garden.jpg

Week-10-002-TAHOE-OG.jpg

Week-10-003-JACK-HERRER.jpg

Week-10-004-PINEAPPLEKUSH1.jpg

Week-10-005-LAMBS-BREAD.jpg

Week-10-006-G48.jpg

Week-10-007-PINEAPPLEKUSH2.jpg

Week-10-010-PINEAPPLEKUSHBUD3.jpg

pineapple-kush-1.jpg

pineapple-kush-3.jpg

soil-plants-01.jpg