Going to set up first grow...Help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humm!! Options worry about more dust & less stealth with it mounted out side room??

i meant that you can place it outside your flowering chamber not outside the entire room. in my case i have a drying chamber above my flowering chamber where i place the ballast in summer and i hang it right next to the light on the rail in winter. if it's impossible for you, you could just place it above the light where its heat rises or even don't worry much about it as it doesn't give that much heat anyway compared to the light lol

Thanks for the advice waiting on parts to finish set up. Lamp was back ordered could be two weeks:confused: Guess I will shop for some seed.....

The Lamp arrived, running 600 wqtt Mp Veg Hps Flower. How high above plants should fixture go? Doing grow in garage do I see people putting insulation down on the cement floor?Got seeds on the way Papaya Fem. sounds like a nice goodnight smoke:joint: Just having fun setting up!!!

building my cabinet was soooo much fun, it was hard to imagine having more, but growing (and, well, SMOKING) is a BLAST too!! LOL

I run LED but IIRC, "As low as you can go without overheating ANY of the canopy" was the rule of thumb with HPS.
thus the advantage cool tubes and active cooled hoods have over bat-wing, passive cooled lights.
(offset by the extra layer of glass the light passes through)
Remember, this is coming from an all LED grower so I maybe off.

PS the above advice refers to plants in flower, IDK anything about VEG with MH
:48:

:eek:

NICE!!

just my thoughts:
I have one of those timers @ work for the parking lot lights.
"trust but verify" the times ;)
light leak
you can try winter window insulation (strip of foam and 2 way tape) but not quite in the traditional "pinch" use... stick it to the door frame, on the INside of the door, positioned just close enough to touch the door in its "natural" fully closed/locked position . Since your door opens "out" this will all be unseen until you open the door.

you really want as close as possible to 100% dark, a nasty leak from a hinge or the floor could throw your flowering plants into a tizzy

I can't wait to watch you grow.
Relaxed, quality minded pace; yup, your going to grow some DANK!! :aok:
:48:

Thanks Joe; Didn't think of the total dark. I imagine that I will have to do some work on that door..

Looking good:cool2:

As Joe mentioned, darkness is key:)

So running timer for Light ONLY on 240 Volts has 30 amp breaker each leg. Think that this is to much??maybe 20 amp?? Think that 15 it as lite as I can go...
:confused:

Had some free seeds from Nirvana thought that I would give the room a test ride. Using Roots Org. 707 for soil feeding" A mineral tea right now then a compost tea. Will be putting them out side and one or so in hoop house for the summer and will be leaving them in my wife's care for the month of June:confused:. Will start a new grow inside when I return in July.

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-11.jpg

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-12.jpg

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-7.jpg

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-6.jpg

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-8.jpg

View attachment 2006-12-31 23.00.00-4.jpg

The foliage seems to me to be a little on the pale side..Have not got my temps that stable highs around 78 low 60 f.???
We will see how they adapt to this maritime climate when they go out...??

Latest posts

Back