My stoney jolly ranchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, was this easy.

I decarb'd about 12 grams of hash and made a tiny batch of candy. I used about half of your recipe. 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/6 cup of syrup.

I used a "cocktail" ice cube tray. It made nice size pieces that looked like the Dots candy you could buy.

They came out perfect first try. Nice and hard. Taste great. No hash taste at all. I used cinnamon because I had a bunch of it. I'll try cherry or bubble gum next time.

We'll see if I get any buzz from the. I'll need to eat most of the batch so I'll pick a day when I can stretch it out.

Thanks for the tips. I may even make some non-canna candy. I sure would like to have the recipe for Regal Crown Sours. I used to love those.

Thanks again

Cool, np passing it along. I found it a while back on a different site. Try them out yet? 12 grams of hash in a smaller batch? What kind of hash? I only used 3 grams of nurse Larry bho and one candy puts people down. Sleep 12 hours through the night straight.

And yeah, CBD strains taste funky

I agree. They look much nicer than mine. Mine were brown colored from the hash.

The biggest problem I had this time was the massive amount of volume that the hash contributed to the mix. 12 grams of hash is a pretty big pile. When I put it in the mix (which was only half of the posted recipe), the volume of the hash was more than the sugar, water and corn syrup.

So, it started foaming and bubbling. To get it mixed properly I had to leave it on the stove a little longer and the temp hit about 320F. These things are as hard as a rock. LOL

I need to substitute something for the dry hash. Oil is the perfect answer but I was thinking of taking some hash and mixing it with vegetable glycerin. VG is a natural sweetener anyway so it should mix well with the candy concept. I could heat the glycerin slightly and let the hash infuse a little bit. Then, add it all to the mix.

It's still going to be a lot of volume but I can, perhaps, substitute some of the corn syrup or water for the glycerin to keep the recipe close to accurate.

It's all about my dosing problem. I need to make them so each piece of candy is about equal to 1 gram of hash. But I really love the idea of hard candy. I am definitely making more of this. Actually, next on my list is cannabis bubble gum. :) I am trying to find the gum pellets locally.

I need to clean out a closet tomorrow so the entire day is devoted to bubble hash making. After that, I should have a ton of hash to experiment with. I'm going to try it in very small batches at first until I find the right mix.

Thanks again for the idea and the motivation. I can only hope mine come out like yous. Very nice.

I want the recipe for Regal Crown Sours. LOL

I think cinnamon would be a great flavor to use... real, not fake and maybe a tiny touch or organic food coloring. Or maybe cinnamon red candies...color and flavor? I don't usually use fake food coloring so i would like mine organic please..

Dropped them off for potency testing today.. Really excited to see the results. Flying on a nurse larry one right now :fly:

Since I make these with bho, I've always questioned decarbing prior to making the bho since these are ingested. Wonder if the thca has to do with the strong sedating affect. Also wonder what kind of difference the affects would be if I converted the thca to thc... What do you guys and gals think?

View attachment image.jpg

I think you would have 3 % more thc if decarbed.Unless the thcA was already counted as thc,,,hmm. This is shake and popcorn right? Very cool Ston~

Researching... They are def sleep aids!

Like all cannabinoids that exist in the living cannabis plant, THCa is non-psychoactive, though it still stimulates the appetite like THC. It also is a powerful anti-inflammatory, helps fight cancer and other tumors, aids with sleep, and more.

Yup. Packaging arrived yesterday. Going to pick up some printable labels today. :48:

How bout this for flavoring mine, lol [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Cinnamon-Certified-Organic-2-Ounce/dp/B00028QD1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427384479&sr=8-1&keywords=organic+cinnamon+flavoring[/ame]
i would buy it.

If these couple batches go well, I'm down to experiment with flavors :D

So the initial reason I grew the CBD strain was for my wife. She doesn't deal well with heady highs, but I knew she could benefit from the plant. Well she ate the high CBD candies twice over the weekend and "felt like jello", "I can't move, I'm just gonna fall asleep" :48: I'll take that as a two thumbs up :D

I agree. You are a good husband to grow that for her. Awesomeness abounds.

Wow I may have dreams of these later. Awesome that you made them for her, wish I could get my wife to accept it in any way possible. Great looking test results to. What was the cost to have each test, we have testing here have not looked into it much yet.

For edibles it was a hundred bucks per sample. Thanks. Pretty stoked on them. It's really a whole new high for me too. I piggy backed the CBD candy with smoking a bowl and it's awesome! The CBD ones relax every muscle in the body. It's a trip.

Ya I will smoke a bowl of my stuff then vape pure cbd after cause I don't / won't smoke mj in my house ever but will vape the CBD in my house after a bowl often. But these I would buy a box of in a flash. does it smell at all when u make them like the mj?

Latest posts

Back