Liberty Haze grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plants look nice and healthy, keep doing what your doing.

Hit the day 49 of the grow and just began week 2 flwr and I'm waiting on my 750 true watt, 300 5 watt led to arrive. The plan is to finish the grow under led. This will be my first experience using an led so I'm really looking foward to another 10-11 weeks to finish this way. These girls have been under a 600 watt HPS for 2 weeks now. I've seen so many great looking flowers under led in the forums here and am getting very excited to check it out for myself. I'm thinking the LED should penetrate this Liberty Haze very well.

View attachment image.jpg

Just started 3rd week of flower and on the 12/12 cycle but I've read about decreasing the light by 30 mins every two weeks down to final at 9/15 so I thought I'd give it a try. Today I dropped the light to 11/13 and will decrease that by the 30 mins every two weeks down to the minimum. I've also begun using Beastie Bloom as a supplement the plants received their first dose yesterday. My question is should I continue watering with the GH nutes as is and use the supplement separately oh say every other watering just Ph corrected H2O and Beastie? And another question is it ok to water with nutes every watering or every other watering while in the flower stage? If feeding every watering should I apply Beastie Bloom at same time or space that out to every other watering? I know this is such an important stage in the plants cycle. Lastly I started the Gas Lantern cycle on my seedlings I see benefits to this method although no real experience using it.

The more I read into the GLR the more I'm thinking it's not a good way to veg it leans more toward $$ savings I think. Think I'll stick with conventional veg cycle but so far as flowering cycles go is it better to stay at 12/12 rather than slowly decrease the light cycle? With all the hype out there on the net it's easy for a first time indoor grower to change paths so I suppose there is a lot to be said for the KISS saying. Better said, how can one prove wrong the tried and true methods as witnessed by experienced growers:). I think there is a quote by Rosenthall saying, "Why would anyone want to use anything but a 24/0 during veg lol. Although not open to debate because Everyone has their tried and true methodoly and if it works keep it there is always room for improvement through experience and knowledge. However I am doing a 20/4 with my veg not by proof that a plant needs some rest rather just a feeling a of mine having grown things over the years that everything organic needs some rest including me lol. Crap, think I'm rambling. The beauty of a grow log a place to record thoughts and reflections and hookup with likewise good peeps with same interests.

Last edited:
The up and coming crop of six consists of 3 Haze 1, and 3 California Nuggets. I planned to go DWC with this bunch but decided that due to my lack of experience I will stick with KISS for now so I'll grow these in my super soil once they are ready to re-pot. The youngins' are around 20 days from germination I kinda sorta dragged my feet on putting them into the pots when thinking DWC or soil. I fimed 2 of the six today. I plan to grow these in my new space of 10x14' out in the shop. Got 2 1000k lights coming but still need to get the shop space ready it is pre-wired for 220... Relief but this will be a bare bones startup. I'll need to add stuff as I go. For now lights on and a place to grow are the priority. Sure feels good to grow again although indoor vs outdoor it's just a great feeling.

One big question though, the Bloom supplements are only to be used 2-3 times in the flowering cycle along with the GH 3 part series nutes? Beastie Bloom maybe 1-3 times during flowering I don't know lots of conflicting stuff on the net wanting to sell their products? I'm not wanting lockout so I've used it once and that at beginning of 3 weeks flowering. But I am using the GH series every other watering.ood way to reconnect with nature I think and kinda gets into your bones. I've been away from growing for too many years now and considering how things used to be, it is refreshing being able to chat with others who have like interests... Not so much in the closet nowadays I'm digging it.

One big question though, the Bloom supplements are only to be used 2-3 times in the flowering cycle along with the GH 3 part series nutes? Beastie Bloom maybe 1-3 times during flowering I don't know lots of conflicting stuff on the net wanting to sell their products? I'm not wanting lockout so I've used it once and that at beginning of 3 weeks flowering. But I am using the GH series every other watering.

Just started 3rd week of flower and on the 12/12 cycle but I've read about decreasing the light by 30 mins every two weeks down to final at 9/15 so I thought I'd give it a try. Today I dropped the light to 11/13 and will decrease that by the 30 mins every two weeks down to the minimum. I've also begun using Beastie Bloom as a supplement the plants received their first dose yesterday. My question is should I continue watering with the GH nutes as is and use the supplement separately oh say every other watering just Ph corrected H2O and Beastie? And another question is it ok to water with nutes every watering or every other watering while in the flower stage? If feeding every watering should I apply Beastie Bloom at same time or space that out to every other watering? I know this is such an important stage in the plants cycle. Lastly I started the Gas Lantern cycle on my seedlings I see benefits to this method although no real experience using it.

There is no benefit whatsoever to lowering the lights a little at a time. In fact, it will probably contribute to stretch and lengthen the flowering time. Do not start counting 12/12 unless/until you are actually at 12/12. Remember that we are not trying to copy the outdoor environment with indoor grows

I personally have never seen much, if any improvement in bud growth using "bloom boosters". But regardless of what you are using, you need to follow the manufacturer's directions. This is very high in P and K, so be careful. This is what I found at Fox Farm's web site: "Start with Open Sesame® in the fifth or sixth week of a plant’s life. Once buds emerge, feed your plants with Beastie Bloomz® every other watering according to package directions and our Feeding Schedule." I have to say that every other watering seems like a lot since it is a 0-50-30 nutrient. What made you decide on that instead of going with one of the GH things like Kool Bloom? I can tell you that the dry Kool Bloom that is 2-45-20 is only recommended the last 3 weeks or so of bloom because of the amount of P and K. Most people just add any additives with the rest of the nutes.

I do not believe that there is any reason to believe that a gas lantern light schedule is good for plants. What kind of scientific reasoning is behind this light schedule?

Thank you Hemp Godess yes I'm not wavering from the 12/12 FLWR cycle and I'll stick with the GH nutes for now. As a newbie now is not the time for experimentation gads, just need to finish this grow. I read an article on the Gas Light theory but have not found science to support it. The plants are doing good soon to enter week 4 flwr. Had a small high temp issue with the oil filled heater I had put into the tent but that is corrected and temps with the new led light are staying consistent at 79.7 degrees after dialing up the exhaust. I've stopped feeding bloom because of the high Beastie Bloom dose and will let that dilute over feedings before I apply GH bloom supplements. So far so good:)

Soon be moving into week 5 of the flwr and wish I had the patience of my plants lol. So far so good, have the girls under the platinum led and I'm not noticing any adverse affect while running the temp at 84-85 degrees with lights on. The girls are liking it! Still watering every third day roughly 2 gals between the four of em. I'm not seeing a change in feeding uptake at the current temp but am prepared to change that if necessary. Feeding nutes as suggested following GH.

This will be my last untimely entry into this journal I see the benefit for writing strictly by the beginning of each week because things do change so on entry/ week will help me to make more sense of the grow as seen in weekly blocks of time. Hence since I'm here lol I'm going to take the time to reflect on a few things. The girls remain under the 750 actual led light and they really are looking chipper. I'm seeing lots of bud stacking and with another 6-7 grow weeks left to go I all ready find myself fantasizing on taking that first hit... Ya know for me it's not just the finish rather the finish with joint in hand, that orgasmic moment when you know all has come together as planned.

So, The plants asked for water this morning and appears the water intake has gone up where I had been using roughly 2 gals/ day now it is 3 gal split 4 evenly divided amongst them. Temps remain same as does the RH but again roughly so no big swings for either. Because I've no previous grow experience to compare HPS to LED all I can conclude from this grow are my first hand observations while watching from the side lines with the plants under an led.

My impression is the plants are totally digging the light the buds are filling in very nicely and stacking. I having to tie back sever of the stalks due to stem weight. Temp still running 85 deg and after the lights have been off for a while I'm recording off light in the low 70' deg. The current feeding schedule consist of the 3 part GH and water Ph6.5 and the well water here runs @7 off the tap plants in soil. . It's great keeping a diary online here I do keep a private write everything down journal but this helps me to put it together. All things aside here are just some flwr pics taken over the last couple weeks:

Have a Great Day 😃

really healthy looking plants. I feel like the LED is gonna get them frosty now

Week 5 and I guess something had to go wrong sooner than later. Damage was done to one of the colas this morning and it had to be removed with 3 weeks on the short side left to flower. . It's kinda of a hard thing to do we spend so much time nurturing our plants in all "not a good day." But the Haze stone is wonderful. On the flip side my 6 young ones are soon to be flipped and will need to tie them back before I throw the net over them.

Oh well, I guess you have an early tester. Going by that bud you should have some nice smoke.

Oh well, I guess you have an early tester. Going by that bud you should have some nice smoke.

Thanks MR1 have it drying now like this haze stone so I've got 3 at 6 weeks in my new grow space and just put them into the room yesterday.

Latest posts

Back