Growing in the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Quick question. I'm growing in the ground but the current soil is dry and looks baren. So I'm going to dig my own hole and prepare my own soil.

What's a good way to prepare soil? I know that fox farm is used by a lot of people here. But I'm a little pressed for time and can't wait for an online order. I can go to home depot or something. Is regular potting soil OK?

Thanks in advance for the input!

-Peace

Get some promix. Its about 24 bucks a bag or so but totally worth it. I'm not sure but I think you may be almost to late to plant now if you are in the northern hemisphere your yields will be greatly diminished.

Thanks Tater. Yea, I agree that it's kind of too late to start growing now. I know my yields will be greatly diminished, but my thought is that if I can get at least a couple grams...I'll be more than happy. :)
This is my first grow so it's kind of like a little experiment for next year. Trial and error sort of thing.

I heard miracle grow isn't recommended because of the time released ferts. I went to my local home depot and bought some Top Soil. I wasn't sure if there's a difference between Top soil and Potting soil. But the top soil was a little cheaper and it wasn't Scott's brand...the maker of Miracle Grow. So I figured it wouldn't have those time released ferts. I also bought some Perlite. So I'm going to mix some regular old Top soil with some Perlite. I wish I had some manure, worm casting, or something else to mix with the soil, but oh well.

You think the regular old Top soil mixed with Perlite will be OK?

Never heard of autoflowering plants. What're those?

EDIT: Just did a little research with google on autoflowering plants. So they're plants that don't depend on the light cycle to induce flowering. Never heard of that before...very interesting. If this is the case, can anyone recommend where I can buy some of these seeds? Or what strain they recommend? Thanks!!!

EDIT: Just did a little more research on this forum and found out that the "Lowryder" is an autoflowering strain. My question: Can the "Lowryder" be grown outdoors as well as indoors?(YES) And does the light cycle matter at all?(NO) For example, what if the light cycle was inconsistent...12 hours one day, 24 hours another, 18 hour the next day, ect...(Still Flowers) Thank you all for your input!!!

EDIT: Just had ALL my questions answered. Thanks everyone!!! Lowryders, here I grow...

Hey good luck man. Stick around the forums lot of good people here and lot of good information. I'm also really glad to see you doing your own research rather than waiting for someone to spoon feed you. Research and then asking intelligent questions will get you a lot further. Glad to have you here and can't wait to see your plants. Be safe, be smart.

One Love
Tater

hey good luck man. there are several strains out there including Lowryder and Lowryder #2, then there are hybrids with existing strains such as Auto AK47 and Auto Lemon Skunk. They are fairly expensive so when you get some, it may be worth keeping a good looking male if you want to make more seeds :D look around and decide whats best for you. I'm about to get some Lowryder Mint as they don't smell like weed they smell like mint so are perfect stealth! :D

Latest posts

Back