continuous harvests of or one harvest at a time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowUsome

Reaction score
Well my question is, is it better to start all plants in veg and then all plants in flower to have 3 or 4 harvests a year, or always keep some in veg and flower at the same time. when a plant is ready to flower put out there with the other flowering plants. doing it that way all the plants are different ages. some will be done before others, there is a small harvest every couple of weeks, even if it's only 1 or 2 plants. this is the way i've been doing it and think i was making growing too complicated. i'm changing to 3 to 4 harvests a year. this way i can use more space and eliminate all those tents. just need one for clones. i had 1 tent for veg and i flower in a separate part of the room, and 1 tent for clones. which way do you do it?

I run a perpetual harvest. There are several reasons for this. First of all, I can get more plants into the flowering room, because some of them are small. I simply raise or lower the buckets using other buckets or milk crates to create an even canopy. Every bucket is its own reservoir, so each can get individualized nutes. This gives me more plants harvested her year. I also find it very difficult to trim 6 or so plants at a time--my hands get sore and cramp up, my back gets sore (I am old :p ). I also find it hard to "ration" my stash until the next harvest when only doing a couple of harvests a year. I give huge amounts of bud away and end up with empty stash jars and 2 or so weeks to harvest :eek: . If I harvest a plant or 2 every 2 weeks, I am usually okay. And, my vegging space can be fairly small as the plants in there are different sizes also. I clone from clones (or grow seedlings as I like variety) so have no need for a mother space.

I like to do perpetual harvests...but I'm not at the moment, cause I had to shut down for a brief moment, but I'm building up to it. It takes a little while to get this system going, but once you do I like it better, cause, I to, tend to run out when I do it all at once, I'd rather harvest a few every few weeks than a bunch all at once. But it's really just a matter of oppinion, time, and space.

perpetual just fits my needs so much better and as grow goddess says its hard to regulate myself to get from one big run to another and then just giving too much away, not that thats a bad thing at least I haven't heard anyone complain about it ;) . I do keep moms but all my clones are made in a bubble cloner and then set to reach a certain size in a cabinet just below so its still compact but I run a six plant every 2 weeks schedule and it does seem to work best for me out of all the various ways I've tried growing. You really can't beat a qp every couple weeks to do as you wish with or help who you may.

harvesting a plant every week or two would be great but it all depends how you grow. i grow many small plants in a single tray so they gota be fed together and i have 2 trays 2 seperate res's, the closest i could get is flowering 1tray every month, when i'm running both trays and lights (400w each) i don't run out of weed but currently i'm only running one so i do get short stashed. however you'll be puting less total work if you trim all at once even if it takes a long session. i'd rather get my work done and watch things grow for 1 or 2 months :joint4:

i do the whoel perpetual thing too. and works awesome for me. i
couldnt imagine trimmin a full flower room in one shot :hairpull:
i go nutes after one or two plants even. lol
plus liek THG said. i can fit more in this way etc... and always fresh bud comin down every couple-few weeks :hubba:

I harvest every 8 weeks or so, and usually clone from clone but I have kept moms in the past. No moms anymore as I like to use my vegging space to LST my veggers and they take up alot of space. Basically I take clones when going to 12/12, root 'em and veg 'em for 8 weeks until my flowering girls are done and repeat. At harvest time, I cut 1-2 a day over the period of 3 or 4 days and just hang the different days cuts together in my drying space. Seems to work for me.
I thought about doing the perpetual harvest thing for a while, but it seemed a little more complicated to me as a somewhat new grower, having to mix so many different solutions for life stages, transplanting more often etc. Plus, trimming every week or two...ugh. JMO :farm:

I thought about doing the perpetual harvest thing for a while, but it seemed a little more complicated to me as a somewhat new grower, having to mix so many different solutions for life stages, transplanting more often etc. Plus, trimming every week or two...ugh. JMO
i been doin just that for almost a full year now Dr. many. and it does get quite frustrating and confusing at times.

also been flippi my lights on/off every mornin/nite for almost a year too manually. i.e. no timers LOL
cant keep door closed on flower room wit lites on so i do wat i gotta do .

zipflip said:
also been flippi my lights on/off every mornin/nite for almost a year too manually. i.e. no timers LOL

Ouch, why can't you use timers?

zipflip said:

Same here.

I like continuous harvest..preferably half harvesting while half veg...always ready to rotate in...

Ouch, why can't you use timers?
i cant keep my door closed on the room with lites on.
so i need to close it durring lites off to stop light leakes and need to open when lites come on to prevent my girls form smoking themselves :rofl:

i cant remember who commented before on my "no timer method" but i was called a rebel :aok: LOL
but in due time i'm sure i'll get a cool tube or aircooled reflector as well. but my only problem there is taht in order for me to make and in and out for the air form the hood is to make another hole on opposite wall and that is a office room i just had refinished and cost me over 15 cases of beer and many many swear words and bout a good 600 bones so until i figure a cosmetically pretty way to blow a hole in the wall its not really an option.
i could just do both intake and exit for the hood on same side as the one now but i aint got much head room for all the extra ducting after i put a fan/filter in ther that im gettin soon.
any ideas im all ears tho :aok:
:48:

zipflip said:
i cant keep my door closed on the room with lites on.
so i need to close it durring lites off to stop light leakes and need to open when lites come on to prevent my girls form smoking themselves :rofl:

i cant remember who commented before on my "no timer method" but i was called a rebel :aok: LOL
but in due time i'm sure i'll get a cool tube or aircooled reflector as well. but my only problem there is taht in order for me to make and in and out for the air form the hood is to make another hole on opposite wall and that is a office room i just had refinished and cost me over 15 cases of beer and many many swear words and bout a good 600 bones so until i figure a cosmetically pretty way to blow a hole in the wall its not really an option.
i could just do both intake and exit for the hood on same side as the one now but i aint got much head room for all the extra ducting after i put a fan/filter in ther that im gettin soon.
any ideas im all ears tho :aok:
:48:

Can you go out thru the ceiling into the attic?

Latest posts

Back