Planning on Growing Auto's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xRedkiller03x

Reaction score
Hey guyz ive been really thinking about growing sum Auto Flowering Plants, my Grow tent is 2x4x6 and i was planing on planting 8 in there with 8" 2 gallon smart pots.

Which would u guyz say yields the best?

Which has the highest THC?

My personal, amateur opinion is that 8 inch pots are too shallow. Autos love to have a deeper pot for their fast growing taproot.

you will never fit 8 full size autos into a 2x4' tent... 4 def will fit... maybe 5 at most...

I fit 4 already with 4 full photo period plants. i think i can fit more smaller auto plants

Why are you wanting to jam so many plants in there? More plants does not mean more bud. I have a space 3 x 6.5 and run 6-8 plants at a time.

xRedkiller03x said:
I fit 4 already with 4 full photo period plants. i think i can fit more smaller auto plants
Autos are not always smaller plants. I have seen autos that were monsters. I have seen an auto that produced 3.5 oz, per plant. I would stick with 4 to start, and add more later if you have room, after the flowering stretch.

HomieHogleg
P.S. A friend has a 4'X4' with a 600 watt cooltube, and he only has 5 autos running in there, and he tells me that he should have stopped with 4, as he thinks the yield would have been better.

midnight_toker said:
My personal, amateur opinion is that 8 inch pots are too shallow. Autos love to have a deeper pot for their fast growing taproot.

You can get some three gallon tree pots - 9" dia and 15" tall...I've done six pots in 2x4 and it was full but I just took care of it with some supplemental side lighting.

I sure would like to know where to get some of those 3.5oz auto seeds...unless they're those fem Iranian autos. I average 1-1.5 oz. I don't know whichauto has the highest thc - but I like auto AK-47 and the auto white Russian.

If I was giving advice, I'd say pop a ten pack of regular auto seeds and letthe chips fall. If ya get 8 females, go with 8. If you keep them happy and cool and stress free you'll show more females. If ya get some males, think about playing with pollen chucking. Go with the flow.

I've been using the 2 gallon smart pots and the results are less than spectacular. I'm lucky to get a half ounce. I'm a relatively new grower but I expected to grow something bigger than 8 - 10 inches tall.

Next time I try them, I'll go to the taller pots and transplant them much sooner. I've been transplanting at 2 weeks. My previous method obviously doesn't work very well.

So, yes, if you want the results that I've gotten, you can easily fit 8 plants into that area.

HomieHogleg said:
Autos are not always smaller plants. I have seen autos that were monsters. I have seen an auto that produced 3.5 oz, per plant. I would stick with 4 to start, and add more later if you have room, after the flowering stretch.

Damn, that's quite a yield. Which strain? I've only tried Lowryders and the yield was very little. Good smoke though.

OldHippieChick said:
You can get some three gallon tree pots - 9" dia and 15" tall...I've done six pots in 2x4 and it was full but I just took care of it with some supplemental side lighting.

I sure would like to know where to get some of those 3.5oz auto seeds...unless they're those fem Iranian autos. I average 1-1.5 oz. I don't know whichauto has the highest thc - but I like auto AK-47 and the auto white Russian.

If I was giving advice, I'd say pop a ten pack of regular auto seeds and letthe chips fall. If ya get 8 females, go with 8. If you keep them happy and cool and stress free you'll show more females. If ya get some males, think about playing with pollen chucking. Go with the flow.

Glad to see you around again OHC....hope all is well.

As for growing
Autos...no comment.

PuffinNugs said:
i pulled around 3-3 1/2 from Roadrunner by Dinafem under 20/4 lighing in a 5gal bucket. it was a freebie seed from attitude and probably will try and do a seed run of i ever purchase them. really danky taste and smell and great high.

Cool, thanks. Will give it a bash. Have heard great things about Attitude - never ordered from them though

vic777 said:
Damn, that's quite a yield. Which strain? I've only tried Lowryders and the yield was very little. Good smoke though.

The strain was Chaze, which is technically a superauto, but it was a beast. So I guess I was thinking superautos, and not just straight autoflowers.

HomieHogleg

I am growing 4 auto's and thay are all masiv plants at about 3ft and there in a 2x2 tent but thay are cramd in tho but doing well

more plants dosent equal more bud like THG said, ive made that mistake before and ended up pulling some to make room. ive also had autos get as big as photo strains and produce half as much, I wouldnt run more than 4 in that space. I grow autos in the summer when my hps is resting but I prefer photo strains for potency and yeild. ya the attitude is awsome, OGiesel is next on my lineup :joint:

chris07 said:
I am growing 4 auto's and thay are all masiv plants at about 3ft and there in a 2x2 tent but thay are cramd in tho but doing well

You have 4 massive 3' autos in a 2 x 2 space? What strain? How about some pics?

hey guyz i have 3 Sweet Seeds Big Devil Auto and 1 World Seeds Hindu Kush Auto :) cant Wait!

chris07 said:

Man I tend to stuff my tent but even I am not that bad a tent stuffer......:p

Wow!,
A guy over at another board, which is dedicated to autos, grew a MI5, that was reported to yield 6.1 oz, grown under a T5, and finished under LED.
The pictures he posted were quite impressive. I have a couple of autos going in my veg room, HBD, but they are probably at best 3/4 oz when dried. But It is now time to start my photo plants.
Have a great weekend

HomieHogleg

HomieHogleg said:
Wow!,
A guy over at another board, which is dedicated to autos, grew a MI5, that was reported to yield 6.1 oz, grown under a T5, and finished under LED.
The pictures he posted were quite impressive.

HomieHogleg

I wld hve to see those pics to believe it....how many what LED?

Latest posts

Back