ive grown photo strains,1st time with autos so silly question ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theblacksheep

theblacksheep
Reaction score
hey guys and gals,as you can tell from the title im used to growing photoperiod strains and currently have 2 dinifem power kush seedlings but i also got a lot of free auto seeds from attitude,ive popped royal queens northern lights auto and royal dwarf and currently at the seedling stage too,currently running 2 secret jardine tents both 60x60x160 1 for veg and 1 for flowering as im starting a perpetual harvest of 2 plants a month fingers crossed, i was planning on putting the autos in the flowering tent under a 400watt hps after roughly a months veg and when its lights out put it back in the veg tent under a 250watt blue spec cfl but will have to stop putting them in the flowering tent at week 8 of 10 as i will have another 2 power kush's going in.
question is even though the last 2 weeks will be under a 250watt blue cfl will it continue to flower or would it simply stop at that size?
any input you guys/gals can give me would be a great help :)
will start a grow journal when there a few weeks in veg.
thanks in advance an happy growing

hey, im only starting myself but id say the bulk of the growth would be done they probably wont be as dense as they would be in with the hps but its only two weeks i doubt itll be a huge impact. but someone might know better anyway.
you could add some additional cfls or something to help a little near the end.

usual info is 3000 lumens per foot in veg and 5000 for flowering (i think).
id say youre a little underlit with the 250watt but the perpetual harvest would make up for it in my mind unless youre growing for profit/weight.

id agree with you puffin only problem i have is that ive got the 2 autos and 2 kush's at the seedling stage,to be honest the autos are really just an experiment for a little extra smoke and to use up the seeds nothing serious like the kush's there my babies :) nah no profit all for me :) theres nothing worse than not being able to afford smoke lol, then again like you said bogart i could always add extra cfls as i do have another 250watt sitting around and was looking at the reflectors that hold 2 cfls just a case of getting cash to buy 1 at the moment.
thanks for the replys huys much appreciated

IMO, they will suffer a lot with this lighting regime and it really is a pita moving plants everyday. The bulk of flowering is done in the last 2 weeks, especially with autos. I think you will see a substantial loss of yield trying to run your plants this way. I also do not really think it is a good idea to move them from one tent to the other everyday.

If you really don't care about the autos I wld just leave them in the veg space on 24-0 or 20-4 at the least. Autos fit certain circumstances at best in my opinion. I personally will not waste my time on them anymore. I can get a quick flowering 12-12 mom and run clones from it with the speed of autos and the potency of photo period strains. Jmo

Just leave it under the cfl 20/4 the entire time. It will be better for it. Even under the 400 im sure the photo plants will be getting the sweet spot from it. maybe try to find a bigger light cheap somewhere.

Is it an actual 250W or equivalent 250W? How many lumens does it put out?

Latest posts

Back