Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put the paper towel in an open baggie into a brown bag on a plate and rest it on top the shade of a desk lamp

Jimmy James said:
not sure you are ready for C02.
Regardless - the air in the tent neds to be changed over -

Jimmy is right, you have no air exchange in the tent.

It looks like all you need to do is put the filter in the tent.

Most people have a constant suction on the tent or negetive pressure.
So, what you want is to hang the filter in the tent, air is pulled thru the filter and exhausted thru the light fixture and out.

You will need to open a screen at the bottom of your tent for a passive intake.

You have to keep the beans warm thru the germination, I believe this is where you went wrong, but it might still be ok.

Ballast is up in the growroom, which is just under 60 degrees. I don't have it on right now as the seeds aren't even germinated. Was going to run the room a solid 24 hours before I put em in, so climate was ready.. I've already run the room for 24 hours a few days ago to get an idea of temps and RH.

The fan and filter seem quite too big for the tent to do it in that fashion. Why have a bunch of other growers recommended this way? :(

Rough messing up like this in the immediate beginning :(

I can not just let air pull from one side of the hood and out of the tent through the filter that's on the ground?

attach the carbon filter to the air cooled hood with duct inside the tent, if your not going to run co2. if you are going to run co2 leave it how it is.

EllisD said:
I can not just let air pull from one side of the hood and out of the tent through the filter that's on the ground?

If the plan was to just vent into the room the tent is then yes you could.

But that room will get quite warm in the summer, can you exhaust outside?

I was going to run an Air Conditioner to control the intake air (outside of tent) and make the room outside of tent cooler. I can try to vent outside, but would prefer not to.

*UPDATE*

Just took a peak at the seeds, and one is cracked already with a bright white tap root on the way.

I kept them in my lap for an hour or so... cradled them and talked sweet nothings to them trying to coarse them to want to LIVE!

Truly...

Just checked, I see 3 of them cracking open and 2 are not, but hey.. I have hope at least.

I also covered my *** and plopped my 2 freebies into the water too, in case I get a suicide along the way.

SO.. 5x Pineapple Chunk 1x Cluster 1x Blue Lemon Thai. Let's see what happens. :D

Okay DGF, you are on your way. What you want with that filter is to eliminate any stink. The stink is in the tent. Put the filter in the tent, run it to the light ( I have 2 600w hps) and then out of the tent. Like the nice man said, open a passive intake at the bottom of the tent. I like your attitude, you remind me of me when I began this fantastic hobbie. I know how intense it all is in you right now. You will find out in a few grows that there is never reason to panic. Most of the time, even if you make a huge mistake, you will get some pretty good smoke when all is said and done. You are in the right place -- many here have the same passion to grow some dank ganga. Keep after it -- grower.

Peace

Cheers HemperFi, lovin' the words :)

As for the filter I'm just insanely confused... surely not arguing, but some say leave it the way it is, that's how to do it with CO2, and others say hang it in the tent.... which I see NO room for lol!! I'm willing to do anything, I just want to succeed. With what you said though, I feel a tad more confident.

So morning update:

2 of the Pineapple Chunks are searching for the center of the Earth, and 3 aren't looking like they want to search (no tap roots for sure). I'm going to give them another 12 - 24 hours then get them into the Sunshine mix under the MH. I'll plant all 5 just in case the other 3 are feeling like taking off. Either way, I plopped both the freebies (Cluster and Blue Lemon Thai) last night as insurance in case anything dies along the way, OR all the Chunk doesn't make it to fruition. Both freebies are showing a little white tip and look like they will sprout. So I'll either have 7 plants in total, or less (more likely less...) **TAKE NOTE** I plopped in glass of water for a few hours, and then moved to the paper towel method after I got them to sink. NOT taking a chance of drowning anything..

Thanks all for reading and participating! Please keep the comments coming! If you like or want to support, please say something.. if you want to be an arse, please say something; at least you're getting involved. :) :)

Cheers all! Mojo to all yo!

Cheers Maine! Please feel free to give any of your thoughts along the way. Some right now are saying filter in and some say filter out (especially if I'm doing CO2 which I am)

I agree with hemperfi, if you are using filter for smell then it should be inside. The challenge is to coordinate your co2 with exhaust so your not wasting it. I wouldn't leave passive vent open with co2. Ideally you would have an intake fan to match your exhaust fan. Both with dampers so when co2 is running tent is sealed up tight. If you decide to go with passive vent then maybe open a vent higher than your co2 emitter as co2 is heavier than air. This is my opinion and I could be wrong but that makes sense to me.

Ok.. so in tent, with coordination to turn off fan/filter and turn on CO2 for moments during the day. I think that's the best bet?

Now I just need to sort.. probably 4 times a day, 30 mins a day, turn off fans/filter and turn on CO2 (with lights on obviously) .. something like this? I should research a tad more on it.. the CO2 bucket I have, has electronic regulator and hose to bring it up around the plants... so I think it's better than nothing surely for now!

Thanks for your words Maine.. much appreciated. Especially from someone so close that understands my environment so well! :)

Most co2 schedules that I have seen turn on co2 for first 15 mins of every hour lights are on. Also remember co2 is heavier than air so always place your emitter above plants.

Yes indeed.. around them and above.. I got that one. 15 minutes every hour, that lights are on. So 15 minutes every tolling hour, 24 hours during veg and 15 minutes every tolling hour that they are on 12/12. Indeed :)

Latest posts

Back