A journey through space and time - Multiple Species

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home made net pot... defently no where near enough holes, and in actual net pots they are more slats then round holes and id say about 50% of the net pot (minus the rim that rests on the bucket lid) is holes, other 50% is an elongated weaved like pattern. this allows for optimium breathing of your medium (usualy expanded clay pellets) and optimium drainage. you should defentaly look into buying some real net pots for your DWCs, they are only a few bucks a piece if that and worth every penny. even reusable, after chopping plant and cutting roots close to the net pot i let the root ball dry out for like a week then clipped all the roots out of the slats and its ready to be cleaned and reused. either way keep up the good work!

Yep, I'm using smart pots as well for the medium containment (thanks for that one HP ;) ) The home made net pots are working well, as the plants are just absolute MONSTERS! The growth explosion is through the roof! I will surely put more holes in these pots next time, as I understand that more aeration etc are key! But, as it stands, the roots are starting to flow out, and growth is unreal! Good enough to have convinced me to do 100% Hydro setups in all 3 stations. I'm using my flood and drain 3x3 table and 19 gal rez with drip lines going to the veg stuff and running through the COCO, and down back flooding into the rez. I'm starting to convert all soilless stuff in my soilless tent to 5gal DWC buckets. 2 of them have already been converted. I'll be fully hydro in all 3 stations, as soon as I flip some stuff over.

:aok: Thanks for checking in all!!

Alright, 4 of the Dutch Masters Gold plants are now officially DWC... the two that I did last night are already pushing their roots out and expanding.

I have to say... the Hydro method and Jungle Juice itself are just night and day in comparison! I believe Jungle Juice will be my nute of choice from now on. I've run a few runs with Xnutrients and now have Dutch Masters Gold and Jungle Juice going and I just believe the Jungle Juice to be formulated best of the 3.

hey dr green had to stop in say hi. iam really diggin your grow like to watch hyrogrows. how are u like the soiless mix. i just finished using jj in a soillees mix i really don,t like it. it kept my ph very low .found myself using lots of ph up to remedy this. and when using the lucas fromlua 8ml micro and 16ml bloom. my plants would yellow and start to purge leaves soon after the onset of flower. i did not have this problem when using gh three part . i also used so much more jj then gh for the same results . jj bottles are three times as big as gh . funny i would still have left overs of each part of gh compare to jj i used all bloom most of the micro at half strength dozes would like to know your finds with jj

So far, Jungle Juice has impressed me so much in a hydro solution that I'm going to finish up all the nutes I have and run exclusively Jungle Juice. Have probably lost 3 leaves total since veg start, and I'm working on my 3rd week in flower. I'm using a combination of Royal Gold COCO + Sunshine Advanced #4 + extra Perlite, and putting them into home made mesh pots lined with Smart Pots, so I don't have any issues with the COCO getting into the solution (Thanks for the pro tip Hushpuppy).

I considered the Lucas Formula just before I started, and I just don't really agree with it. But, at the same time, I'm so far from a "schedule" now that I don't seem to have any method. My method was started by me "mimicking" Hushpuppy's setup and adapting to my own thoughts and processes. I'm now doing a hybrid of a few different things and like I mentioned, I don't stick to a schedule per say. I will monitor the plants, read them for various things, and go off a general thought process. Right now I'm working on 3rd week into flower and I'm at 40 ml Micro - 7ml Grow - 60 ml Bloom to 5 gal of water. One thing I've done so much different from my 3 last grows, is I add some bloom nutes during veg, and longer to taper off the grow heading into flowering.. slowly getting rid of it.

I loved the way Sunshine mix worked so much, but then when heading into Hydro, the problem was trying to think how to get more run off while still keeping the medium moist enough....without using Hydroton. So I do a mix of Royal Gold COCO / Sunshine / Perlite, and that does the trick for me personally. Love how the coco works, but I love certain elements in the Sunshine, like Peat Moss :) Now, I'll veg from red solo to 1gal pot in the veg stations in the CocoShine I make up, and I'll start going into REAL mesh pots filled with Hydroton.

I'm running the JJ in Under Current / Ebb+Flo hybrid setup, and currently the Dutch Masters Gold in DWC (officially as of the last 2 days)... I wish I started the DWC weeks ago, so I'm unsure of results etc from this run. I'll be running DWC in that tent from now on though, and JJ will be my nute of choice here on out. It was just TOO impressive in comparison. Take note, I'm running the same strain and the same age for direct comparison. I read something on Advanced Nutrients website last night that mentioned a few things that have been my exact thoughts. Maybe AN blows smoke up some peoples asses.. I know lots of people don't like them for no real reason, but with their JJ line....they have stuff certainly figured out. Here's the excerpt from the site. Word for word I agree with everything single thing they say about their product!!

HERE'S HOW TO SETUP A RISK-FREE TEST OF JUNGLE JUICE™ IN YOUR HOME TODAY...

First, before you start your next crop cycle, select an equal amount of clones, seedlings or transplants to use with JUNGLE JUICE™. Call this your "test" crops.

Then, simply go to your favorite retail shop that carries Advanced Nutrients products and tell them you want to try out JUNGLE JUICE™ absolutely risk-free.

Next, when you get home, mix JUNGLE JUICE™ exactly as directed and add it to one set of your clones or transplants. Add the common "industry standard" to the other half of seedlings.

Then, you want to sit back and watch! Compare the two sets of plants as you tend to them day-by-day... and... keep an eye on the set of plants you're using JUNGLE JUICE™ with...

Watch your plants power through their growth phase. Enjoy seeing them get greener, look stronger, and look healthier. And finally, enjoy watching them hit the bloom phase stronger than ever before... and... produce the biggest, juiciest, smelliest, most potent buds possible!

Lastly, after you harvest, you need to compare your two sets of crops to each other and ask yourself two very important questions:

Which set of test crops looks better?

Did JUNGLE JUICE™ give me a better overall value?
...And if you're like our thousands of other customers who have put their plants to the JUNGLE JUICE™ test... then... you'll find yourself answering a resounding "YES!" to both questions.

hXXp://www.advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/products/jungle_juice/jungle_juice_product_information.php

I truly almost felt like they were speaking directly to me, as this is truly how it was. Side by side with the same strain, it's night and day. I would like to have had a few more things 100% in common with each other for REAL testings, but I'm convinced enough that I will continue with this product for my duration.

JJ just works for me, and maybe not you.. or anyone else.. that's the beauty of this thing we all do, and why the market is so diverse with loads of products available. And really, there's a lot of really good stuff out there. I understand now how some say "nutes are generally nutes, it's all in the grower and setup" etc etc... I disagree to an extent though. I believe chemically things are just created differently. Take a Big Mac for example. Get one from McDonalds.. or have me make you one. Almost the exact same products in there, but not quite the same.... surely one will be created better. Kind of like comparing Xnutrients to Jungle Juice, or GH, or Dutch Masters.... it's just not the same. It's the McD's Big Mac, and not a chef's Big Mac.

I've had a few bongs of my Wizards Potion this morning, so my fingers just kinda started walking. Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. (Notice my disclaimer)

lol... cheers Sin and everyone else reading. Please ask more questions and give more statements people! I love the chatter and thought processes! :aok:

**EDIT**
@Sin Inc: Your yellowing was from lack of Nitrogen.. aka, lack of Grow nute. I would say, at least, but who knows? :) I believe they need a bit heading into flowering to help them change over, hence why I'm still doing (and will be finished with next week) 7 ml to 5gal water of grow. I believe the extended weening off of nitrogen and the grow nute in general, are a pretty decent thing to do. I was still doing like 20ml Grow in the first week of flower, then hit 15ml second week.. third week was 7ml and I'll do a 24 hour flush of water only @ 4th week start. Will do next set of nutes with 0 Grow starting into my 4th week. Also, all during the third week, I won't do any of the 7ml of Grow for any "add-back" solution I do... just add back water for that week.

Oh man, you must be drinking that JJ, that stuff is piss water, I would never use that stuff. Wait a minute, :doh: I do use that stuff :hubba:

Seriously though, I have felt the same way since trying it. I haven't tried it in soilless because I have never run total soilless, and the only medium I have used the JJ with is 100% coco coir in hydro. It definitely takes a little getting used to working with it because it is not buffered like GH Flora and others are, but I found that I liked being able to control the pH myself so that I can allow it to drift across the desirable spectrum. I also found that you do have to use a good bit of pH-up as it continually drops over time and nute uptake.

I also found that you must use calmag from the start if you are in coco medium. I never measured the usage of it against others for longevity of it, but I can say with confidence that I was getting consistent 16-20oz harvests(depending on the tent size) and was able to get 3-4 runs out of the 1gal jugs.

I typically run the 3 parts at 20/20/20/20(ml per 5gal water) in veg (yeah I know that is 4 parts. the 4th is calmag) with beautiful veg growth. But then taper off the grow over the first 3weeks of flower and increase the micro and bloom to 40/80ml per 5gal. Several times I harvested plants that had all green leaves with no yellowing off, and these were 8wk plants run to 9wks and ~10% amber.

I won't swear that you will have the same results, but I don't see the need for myself to look any farther for nutes or grow style. Not to say that I'm not willing to discovering something new, I am always open to learning something new. I am just glad that my ideas and advice have been beneficial to a fellow grower :)

hahaha drinking it!! :rofl:

Thanks for stopping in and giving your thoughts HP :aok:

I couldn't stand it, and I moved that 5th and final plant to DWC tonight :D

hey green i am not saying that jj does not work it did give me a nice harvest of good sticky bud. it does work as u can tell by the pics. just as you said dont for. i just found myself battling with with instead of work with it you know.

the pics jj

52-CYMERA_20131008_031806.jpg

34-CYMERA_20131008_041919.jpg

04-CYMERA_20131008_045501.jpg

13-CYMERA_20131008_044647.jpg

63-CYMERA_20131008_030005.jpg

69-2013-09-25-11-11-02_photo.jpg

Is that first pic an auto? It's not very big.

And still surely looks decent, and yeah I know how you were standing with JJ Sin. I just felt the need to dive into my thoughts on it and other thoughts with it. :) Thanks for tuning in and adding thoughts / content!

Those plants look like they were suffering from a little root binding but I'm not sure. They look like they produced pretty good fruit for their sizes, but they don't look like they got real big before being put into flower. Here is a pic of my last grow. This is a 5x5 tent and the plants were, I think about 3weeks from harvest: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=203577&d=1366250075
Those were raised on JJ3part, Magical, Mother Earth tea, and Hygrozyme :)

I think there are some nutes out there that work great for one application but only mediocre for another application. Sin, Your experience may have been that it just doesn't perform in your particular application of it, not sure.

hey green the first pic it my own reg strain ewd#2/east west delight#2 pic is from the 64 oz grow. the cup its in is 32oz. ive been breeding and working this strain since 2007. it was breed to work in small grows and cups as the one on the pic. also it does not stretch. i put them in at 12in most come out at 16in.it has not been stabilized since its not for mass production . the others are in two gallon bags ata tundra by seedsman. all was grown under a four foot work bench 400watt hps vertical cooltube grow

no clone always seeds until i stop breeding. two diffrent seeds same results

CYMERA_20131015_013352.jpg

Ahhh nice Sin :aok:

Editing pics I took tonight.... will have them up within the hour hopefully. :D

Well here we go. I'll give updates of flowering Tent #1 and Tent #2 along with Veg Tent. I will break it down into 3 posts, with this first one being Flowering Tent #1.

In here, we have Cotton Candy x1 and Critical HOG x3, running in Jungle Juice. Just absolutely amazing by this growth! The camera fails to pick up the pure awesomeness in here! :D

Loads of roots, for a crap mesh pot! This Saturday marks 3rd week end, 4th week begin. Will do 24 hour flush and then re-up with nutes. Starting 4th week, I'm going to add about 5 ml's of Bloombastic. Let's see what happens :hubba:

ComingAlongTall (1 of 4).jpg

ComingAlongWide (1 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (2 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (3 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (4 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (5 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (7 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (8 of 16).jpg

Now here is Flowering Tent #2. This has Acapulco Gold x2, Critical HOG x2, Sage N' Sour x1 and Northern Light X Big Bud AUTO x1.

The auto will be done in a few weeks, but something of note... all the things in Tent #1 and Tent #2 are grown at the exact age. Germinated the same day, ran in the same medium.. only different in veg was Dutch Master Gold Vs Jungle Juice. As you can see, the JJ stuff is 2-3x the size of the stuff in Tent #2. Just the other day I put everything in Tent #2 into DWC buckets, and the roots are already expanding out.

ComingAlongWide (9 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (10 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (11 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (12 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (13 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongTall (2 of 4).jpg

ComingAlongTall (3 of 4).jpg

ComingAlongTall (4 of 4).jpg

And lastly, here's a shot of the new veg setup. Doing 240 gal pump from 19 gal rez, up to dispersion heads > drip lines into the veg stuff. Speaking of the veg stuff, those are all the clones doing GREAT! I'm training the heck out of them, since they will have another 6+ weeks of veg to go.

**Please don't mind the messy room...I've had loads going on the last few weeks!!**

ComingAlongWide (14 of 16).jpg

ComingAlongWide (16 of 16).jpg

hey green ive been looking forward to see an Acapulco Gold grow for a while now. plus you have the @#%# dial out your rooms cant wait to see more. and what size is that first tent. so how is your ph with jj and about how much ph up are you using if any.

Latest posts

Back