My first of hopeful many

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pH is too high. You want to keep it between about 5.5 and 6.0. Also what do the directions on the bottles of nutrients say to feed the plants (I am not familiar at all with this line of nutrients)? Do you have any idea of the ppms you are feeding them? When you start feeding plants you need to give them a fraction of what it calls for on the bottle and then work up slowly. Telling me that you are giving them 10 ml doesn't tell me anything unless I know what the manufacturer recommends and how much water you are talking about.

What are your temperatures? If you have a 600W light, it is 600W. They can get hot, so what are your temperatures running and what is the temperature of the nutrient water? Hydro can be great--I love it--, but the plants' demands are quire specific and things can go south in a hurry with hydro.

So, I would recommend getting your ppms and your pH down. First flush the plant--pour 5 gallons or so of plain water over the roots and then get your PPMs around 400 or maybe even a bit lower and pH around 5.8 or so. You can go a bit higher in ppms every week or up it if the plants start to look hungry. PH--I like to start low around 5.4 or so and let it drift up. I also change out my reservoirs every 7-10 days.

Latest posts

Back