My Stuff..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

daftpunk

Here we have my plants 1 x Dr Kripplings Incredible Bulk @ 5 weeks into flower alongside 4 x same @ 5 days into flower.
In my veg tent i have my next lot of 12 x Incredible Bulks hopefully going into flower in a weeks time in my not yet ordered 2.4 x 1.2 tent.
My other strains some of which are being revegged atm are as follows:

Some photos were taken 5-7 days apart and before and after a trim.

1. Delicious Seeds, Fruity Chronic Juice.
2. Paradise Seeds, Wappa.
3. Kalimans Seeds, Cheese #1.
4. Greenhouse Seeds, Super Lemon Haze.
5. TGA Subcool, Agent Orange.
6. Dynesty Seeds, Kalisnapple.
7. Dr Kripplings, Incredible Bulk.

and lastly but by no means least on it's way to me very soon Original Exodus cheese.

I have just realised after my PH Meter was taking forever to take a reading that it is knackered, and to add insult to injury i have been feeding my plants in veg and flower btw all in coco a nute mix with a PH of between 3.4 and 4.0:mad::doh::rolleyes:;)

Daftpunk.

Pulling up a chair. Green Mojo to yas.

You have lots going on.. Nice plants, thanks for posting. and welcome to our home.

Thanks Budlight, Weedfarmer and Rosebud, tbh they are pretty looking bad for me, i was beginning to wonder why the leaves were paling in colour, now i have the issue in hand with the PH being way out from my usual sweet spot of 5.9 it's just a case of adjusting all nute resevoirs and flushing the plants and then i will be back on track.
Daftpunk

Yeah they weren't looking too bad yet. That's the great thing about hydro, the pH is a little more forgiving of drift and the plants will recover much more quickly as soon as the pH gets into proper range. I often allow mine to drift from 6.1 down to as low as 4.8 before adjusting the pH or changing the water. The key is to stay on top of it so that the plants don't sit long in one extreme or the other.

Make sure to keep your pH pen calibrated and keep in storage solution to keep it more accurate for longer time.

Will do Hushpuppy, btw they are in coco in hempy buckets so a mish mash of hydro i suppose.
Daftpunk

I do coco myself, mixed with about 25% pearlite to help with drainage. Ive never done the hempy buckets but I do typically run my younger vegging plants in soilless setup (coco/hydro minus the hydro) until they get bigger. I have found that I run into a problem of buildup in the coco that causes the pH to run high (using AN's synthetic nutrients). I found that once I set them in hydro where there is a periodic flushing of the coco by the 15minute watering cycle 2x daily, this cleans out most of the buildup and brings the pH back in line.

Tbh i don't have issues with coco and have only just started using cal-mag to see if i can improve on my game, Once i set my res i have never had to flush my plants due to salts build up etc and i would never use AN even if they were donated to me free of charge.
Thanks for the heads up Hushpuppy.
Daftpunk

So as it happens my ph meter was knackered and i was feeding my coco plants @ ph 7 being way outta range so new one delivered and plants flushed and feeding reduced cf nutes cf10 but in range ala 5.9ph so just a waiting game until 5 outta 12 x poorly looking plants make a recovery.
daftpunk

I was just about to say...Nute lockout.

Glad you got it nailed. Welcome and nice growing!

Hi all its now sorted itself out btw i was also foliar feeding cal-mag @ 1ml per litre which i have since been informed is the soil drench ratio so i was also feeding cal-mag at too high a strength.
Btw i use Vitalink nutrients for coco.
The top 12 x plants are now slightly larger and start day one of flower tomorrow and the next day get all tied down thats if i ever get around to erecting my new 2.4 x 1.2 tent.
Smaller vegging plants in order kalisnapple, agent orange, lavender/tripoli/wicked and super lemon haze, if you think they look bad you should have seen the state of them when i received them as cuts.
Daftpunk

I suggest you go with chipped coco(add nothing) and stop foliar feeding cal-mag....... your grow would really take off.

Go with chipped coco add nothing you mean no nutrients, if that's what you mean i'll not try that method.
So the massive inc bulk i supercropped on 20 nov 2016 it did not recover even after taping up the supercropped branches so i chopped it and the whole lots of said branches were dead, not a trace of moisture within the stems.
i have stopped cal-mag altogether as this is my first time ever using it i thought i'll give it a go as i have never suffered deficencies before.
I'll post some pics later this evening.
Daftpunk.

I think the fresh(new) coco could be some of your issues......... I see it sometimes....... takes a week or and they snap out of it....... sometimes it's the plants staying over watered til their roots fill the pot.......... it's like the plant is adjusting to the coco or the coco is flushing out and adjusting to coco growing we're looking for

Hi Grower13 i understand what you are saying but i use canna coco pro plus which is the cleanest coco available and no salts within it, i have never had any issues in 10 eyars growing this way until 1. my meter packed up and 2. i gave cal=mag a go.
The plants have been in their pots over 3 weeks now and they are hempys and i do not overwater not water until run off just water until they have enough to drink, btw i have 2 - 3 inches of clay pebbles in the bottoms too.
Daftpunk

How are your Hempy buckets set up? I can't remember how those are done.

hushpuppy, i use 2-3 inches of clay pebbles in the bottom then the rest is coco coir.
Daftpunk

I use the coco coir but my system is hydro. However, when the plants are in early veg or small clones, I keep them in a "soilless" feed/water method which is basically what you have there. I have to give them calmag additive mixed with their nutes throughout the veg phase or they will get deficiencies. Maybe the Vitalink nutes have more magnesium than what I am using.

Latest posts

Back