About Trichome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok got a Radio shack special microscope and I was looking at the trichome and alot looks some what cloudy and there some that looks amber and I am not for sure if the light has alot to do with it.. ? These leafs where off the top next to the buds

I also seeing some of the round balls have what it looks like Icicle on them but that was off a little bigger leaf that is older, What does this mean??

There into 1 1/2 months into flowering on the 19 of this month it be 2 months..

Well, a trichome looks like a litle icesickle with a little ball on the top. They'll start to bend down. They go from stages: clear > cloudy > amber.

The more amber the more "couch lock" the high will be. I harvest about 40% cloud 60% amber. It gives a head buzz and a body buzz. Works out perfectly for me. It's really all personal prefernece when to harvest.

Just becareful to not miss your window, if you wait too long they'll go black and it'd be bad! So make sure to harvest at the LATEST when 90% is amber.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewayne said:
Well, a trichome looks like a litle icesickle with a little ball on the top. They'll start to bend down. They go from stages: clear > cloudy > amber.

The more amber the more "couch lock" the high will be. I harvest about 40% cloud 60% amber. It gives a head buzz and a body buzz. Works out perfectly for me. It's really all personal prefernece when to harvest.

Just becareful to not miss your window, if you wait too long they'll go black and it'd be bad! So make sure to harvest at the LATEST when 90% is amber.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

I'll Keep a eye on that every other day then..

How long between stages does it take ? Ruffly

that's really strain dependant. I suppose you're growing indoors. Which means most likely indica. Indica takes about 8 weeks to finish once flowering. So 8 weeks of flowering is the normal time limit. there's not telling how long till they go from clear to amber, but i'd say you got about another week or so. You should post some pics and i could tell you further by judgement. Good luck with it bro!

~Burn ONe~
Dewayne

I'm a week or so behind you with my harvest, I also have the radio shack handheld microscope.But I'm having a really hard time using it, I can't keep it steady long enough to get a real good look,I'm pretty sure the trichromes are clear yet, I'm also looking at the bud developement to give me an Idea when i am getting close, I'm growing with Hydro and I just started to flush my plants out estimating I'm 2 to 3 weeks away from harvest. The other thing I have been doing is running my room at about 85 during the day and dropping it to about 68 at night, this should induce my plants to produce lots of resin, covering the buds to protect them .

Ok then I get some more up dates tomarrow morning..

well, i assume since you guys say the radio shack ahndheld microscope you mean the 60x - 100x one. definately put it on 60 times when you're going to be looking at them.

Think of using a gun, if you can't hold it steady 0 gravity, try getting a stool, a ledge. Use something to prop the microscope on and hold it at a steady pace. Works like a charm huh? Good luck guys!!

~Burn ONe~
Dewayne

newgrowth said:
I'm a week or so behind you with my harvest, I also have the radio shack handheld microscope.But I'm having a really hard time using it, I can't keep it steady long enough to get a real good look,I'm pretty sure the trichromes are clear yet, I'm also looking at the bud developement to give me an Idea when i am getting close, I'm growing with Hydro and I just started to flush my plants out estimating I'm 2 to 3 weeks away from harvest. The other thing I have been doing is running my room at about 85 during the day and dropping it to about 68 at night, this should induce my plants to produce lots of resin, covering the buds to protect them .

I shut my cooler down around 8 pm and it been getting down to 58 at night and I have notice a little more green on top.

I can't wait for this to be time !! I got another 15 more on 24/7 and how many male will I end up with this time?? That a Big Question !!
So far there looking like girls ! Cross my finger!!:D

This grow I ended up with 5 males out which I pulled out and that out of 13 plants

you're prolling looking at a 40% chance male, 60% chance female i'd say. I have always had great luck with my percentage of females as opposed to males. I usually have a 10th of my plants males. So who knows. GOod luck with them all being females though!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

I thinking of making a box just for those males !!
Just throw them bastards in there and give em hell ! Keep the lighting on or off at different times and feed them and strave them and and see what will happen !!! Just because they turned male!! :D :D

I wouldn't waste my electricity on them to be honest! :p better safe than sorry, i'd just remove them and kill 'em unless you wanted to grow for pollenation purposes.

Personally i take the males, all the leaves stems whatever. I just get it all fine cut up once dry and let them sit in a bag until harvest. Then i take all the female leaves even the ones from the bud and make some dank hash :D

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewayne said:
I wouldn't waste my electricity on them to be honest! :p better safe than sorry, i'd just remove them and kill 'em unless you wanted to grow for pollenation purposes.

Personally i take the males, all the leaves stems whatever. I just get it all fine cut up once dry and let them sit in a bag until harvest. Then i take all the female leaves even the ones from the bud and make some dank hash :D

~Burn One~
Dewayne

That sounds Good to me !:D Some Hash:D

Mmhmm hash is good. I'd recommend doing the ISO hash oil method, i did it once and i'm in love now! :) it's easy and REALLY effective!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Hey guys im not sure if this will help but since i also use the radio shack scope ill offer it.I clip a small leaf near a budsite,be careful & only get the leaf, take a white book of matches rip it in half, use the back to place ya leaf & get lost in those trics.Like Dewayne said you want somewhere steady.Well hope it helps...

Dewayne said:
Mmhmm hash is good. I'd recommend doing the ISO hash oil method, i did it once and i'm in love now! :) it's easy and REALLY effective!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

here some pix hope there good enough ! I have 2 cameras and the pix r from each one..
The 1st 3 pix r from my little camera.

the last 3 from my new camera and that with the lights out..

What yea think??

Burst14.JPG

Lighter.JPG

Lighter (1).JPG

8-9 004.jpg

8-9 003.jpg

8-9 002.jpg

Going to the 19 of this month and then harvest !! Looks real close I can see alittle amber in some balls but there alot more of the clear/cloudy and that depends on where I clip the leafs..

Hey guys im not sure if this will help but since i also use the radio shack scope ill offer it.I clip a small leaf near a budsite,be careful & only get the leaf, take a white book of matches rip it in half, use the back to place ya leaf & get lost in those trics.Like Dewayne said you want somewhere steady.Well hope it helps...
Thanks Man, yeah that helps alot, I seen clear balls today for the first time,it's a beautifull thing, Now can someone tell me if looking at the leaves from the bud is as good as looking at the trichomes? I'm gonna try Dewaynes suggestion next, and set up some type of a rest to look at my buds, thanks for the suggestions,

Well around the 19th. I woudln't set a set date. I would just wait till the trichs are perfect for me which would be 60% amber and 40% cloudy! :)

Your plants are lookin good though ;)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewanye I have been waiting for my trichomes to turn amber for me and its taking to long I had some plants with a very little of amber but mostly very cloudy ,I have enjoyed the buzz but I wanna experience a couch-lock buzz the body buzz .
Quesition is would I be searching all the buds on the plant or the main cola ? would the trichomes in the bud be turning amber before the outer growth of the bud ? I have a cola growing fat, thick ,very cloudy and have to search for the ambers . Im into the 13 week of flowering. how much longer ?

100_2406.jpg

Latest posts

Back