Fertilized female plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2small

Reaction score
Can anyone show me what a female plant looks like when it starts to produce seeds on its bud. I may have had a male introduce to my female and now a female looks like it may have the beginnings of seeds forming. What should I do with the bud that may be fertilized? I got rid of what I think was a male plant.

Now that I've been doing some searching I think what I thought may have been a fertilized female is actually another male. I guess I trusted the plants were female yet wasn't sure. And now its definately showing male characteristics.

I'm now worried that my females are screwed since there is a male that has been around for too long.

You may be ok, it depends if the male flowers have actually started to shed pollen which looks like a fine pale yellow powder and is quite easy to spot.

The difference between males and females is very distinct. Can you post up some pics?

If your females have been pollinated, there is nothing you can do after the fact.

Ok. Thanks for the replies. This is what happened. I started some plants late in the season and therefore they showed sex late too. I thought I had 4 ladies. Turns out I have 1 lady and 3 dudes. Darn-it, I thought I got lucky with 4 females. I have the plants hidden and I don't check them too frequently. They just started really showing sex and I never really seen a male plant before. So what I thought was 1 male and an impregnated female turned out to be just more males. Oh well. One plant is better than none.

And I picked the 3 males and tossed them. I'll let you know how the lone lady turns out this year.

Latest posts

Back