removing fan leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurelz

Reaction score
I have a five month old plant that just went from outdoors to a shed for safety. It has made the transition fine and is in preflowering stage. Should I remove any of the fan leaves, I have some people tell me to remove most of them, others say don't touch it....so far my rule of thumb has been if its happy(which it is)leave it the hell alone. I just wondered.

View attachment august 5.jpg

View attachment august 5 move to shed.jpg

Last edited:
No, do not remove the fan leaves. The fan leaves are where the bulk of the photosynthesis takes place in the plant--they are little solar factories that turn food, light, and CO2 into THC and other cannabinoids.

Is this plant going to be flowered outdoors or are you doing it indoors? Either way that plant looks like it should not have light penetration issues. Maybe clean up the bottom 1/4 to get rid of any popcorn growth and focus the plants energy to the middle and upper portion. I am in the situation now where semi aggressive defoliation is needed because of using LED fixtures for Flower. If you are using HPS lighting or the Sun that plant should do fine without it. If you are going to be growing indoors you better start bending her over like right now or you are going to wind up with a monster. If you are Outdoor growing, ignore every thing I have just said. :)

Have you switched the light(s) to 12/12? Tell us more about your shed environment--size, lights, ventilation. etc.

Latest posts

Back