The benefits of Growing with Organics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember .. when you buy organic foods at the store. They were grown predominatly with blood, bone, and cottenseed meals.

Most bone meal, blood meal or any other animal by product is steamed to kill any bad bacteria in it before shipping. I def know the FF peace of mind brand is steamed.

If you are worrying about blood and bone meal giving your plants a disease its just not possible. The micro-organisms in the soil take care of any "disease" ...

I know that some people regard breeders personal opinions as golden rules to follow, but again it's just their OPINIONS.. with NO PROVEN FACTS TO STAND BEHIND THEM.I have corresponded with mike and jasmin on a few topics and i find that i disagree on many things. But that's the beauty of it.. everyone has their own grow style./

I wasn't trying to start any animosity. Sorry if it seemed that way:). Theres plenty of info about blood and bone meal besides the mandala faq. Just wanted to let people know that there has been discussion about bad effects of using these products, which haven't been tested either way that I could find,and that there are alternatives, that are cheaper, without these same discussions. I like your thread and agree...organics are the way to go! Let's be cool and not argue over what we're putting in our dirt:D! I even tried to give you rep but I must spread 1st:).

no bad blood man.. there are millions of ways to grow great chronic.. and trust me i am no pro nor do i know the best way...no worries man

Miss NV and BBP, maybe this will get BBP to actually log in. I know he peeks at the forum incognito :)

Anyhow. Lets talk about what has been posted here. As far as the meals go. While I dont care either way about the bi product of animal meals, as BBP said there is much much much and better alternative then blood. After switching to a combo of alfalfa and soybean meal, I have seen multiple positive results over the previous mix using blood. With the addition of rice hulls like we spoke about in a thread that got lost, they are silica based and provide aeration. When these hulls break down over time, they increase the uptake of the amendments. I have seen it first hand. The ratio of both soybean and alfalfa is 1tb per gal of medium, cooked for 30 days. Also along with a full line of other ingredients, but the point here is to push the soy/alfalfa combo as I cannot tell you enough positive things I have seen using it.

The other issue is when using blood meal, it creates a toxification with the lime and you possibly lose up to 40% of the nitrogen that you put in. Just money lost, then you need to make up for it in late flower. Sucks

Thats it. Maybe even Mr.Wakenbake will chime in.

Wish I could toss a @Mr.Wakenbake @BBP :)

Latest posts

Back