UV B to increase THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
:D Howdy Grow Folks!!!

:hubba: I have been interested in trying UV B to increase the conversion of thc in the resin heads. Have any of you tried this, and if so, what regimens??:cool:

Runbyhemp said:
Have to plead ignorance on this one Puffin. Care to elaborate a little bit?

:hubba: I saw a video on youtube. [youtube.com/watch?v=IPcpt3Be28o] discussing the merits of UV B on pot plants indoors. I had been previously reading about it on OG for a while and even got a couple exo terra reptiglo 10.0 UVB Bulbs. I am gonna start dosing SnowWhite with them again.:cool:

I've read about this too. I think it had something to do with the speculated reason why MH produces a higher potency bud. Can't recall. But it looks sound.

GreenMan74 said:
I've read about this too. I think it had something to do with the speculated reason why MH produces a higher potency bud. Can't recall. But it looks sound.

:cool: I hadnt recalled the MH issue, but it seems that added UV B increases the conversion of cbd's to thc. I am gonna try it on SnowWhite and see if I can get the trichs to go amber earlier than 14 weeks:hubba:

Puffin this was a very good little documentary. It all seems to make sense to me. I love how Mr.Green goes into the scientific aspect of THC production.

K+

massproducer said:
Puffin this was a very good little documentary. It all seems to make sense to me. I love how Mr.Green goes into the scientific aspect of THC production.

K+

Yes, I thought it good as well. HippyinEngland was the one who tipped me to it 1st.;)

:farm: I know the UV B will kill the mildew, and I kinda think it would also distress the mites, thrips, knats, etc., eh?? perhaps there is more to this UV B than meets the eye, eh? :rofl:

agreeeed UVB stop's mold, and helps THC i have a little talk witm my friend in Amsterdam and and they all use UVB bubs in addition to HPS .

Caution:
UVB can couse skin cancer ,always turn lights off when u enter just for safety. (u just spending there few minutes would not harm u but in a long run it may)

brouli said:
agreeeed UVB stop's mold, and helps THC i have a little talk witm my friend in Amsterdam and and they all use UVB bubs in addition to HPS .
Caution:
UVB can couse skin cancer ,always turn lights off when u enter just for safety. (u just spending there few minutes would not harm u but in a long run it may)

:hubba: Thanks Brouli!!!

I know the mold is killed by UV B, and It would be nice to get rid of the NSP's. ;)

You should make a UV B/HPS Grow journel. :)

Be careful with the UV-B, it can "burn" your girls. At least that is my experience. I need to find a way to moderate the amount of UV-B as my grow area is very small.

As far as I know, the progression in trichomes goes from THC-> CBD as the harvest window passes. I really don't understand how the exact opposite could happen...

Everyone i've talked to says "get UVB in there" - There's a lot of evidence that UVB helps plants, working on the variance in UVB concentration in different parts of the world. Those reptiglo bulbs seem to me to be a good idea, they shouldn't be too harsh being designed for lizards - going to use one myself from day 1 in flowering

puffin im curies have u had any good results ???
i think it helps with amount of produced thc i v been using it hard and crystals look bigger and its way more of them ,when i get back to US i will post some pics .

Welcome back Brouli :)

Puffin hasnt been seen for over 9 months.

Last Activity: 12-11-2008 08:02 PM

1 of his last posts was him saying he had flu.

He hasnt been seen on any of his other regular forums either for the same amount of time.

:peace:

Latest posts

Back