Did Someone Say....Ducksfoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an order
Who stocks them? The root development is crazy. The roots are growing faster than anything i've grown in a while.

They are growing wild. I couldn't transplant(not enough space) and after some thinking I decided to do what you do to keep a mother small...trim the roots. All I did was slide the root ball out. I put it on a flat surface and with a very sharp butcher knife, no teeth, I cut about an inch from each side. I never touched the bottom of the root ball as to keep from damaging the tap root. I put my smaller root ball back into the same pot, refilled with soil, watered and put them back into the room. I was a lil worried about it last night but when I checked in on them this morning they were perky as ever:D. There is a down side to this because growth will all but stop until new roots grow. It should be a week and a half...perfect. The upside is she can sit in the veg room an extra few weeks and if they do like a mother plant will have a huge stalk:hubba:. Heres a few pics of the operation:).

Pic 1-The root ball
Pic 2-After a good trim she looks dapper...debonair:p
Pic 3-In her new soil

new 086.jpg

new 087.jpg

new 088.jpg

That's too crazy, man! I imagine in the outdoors, those roots would overcome ANYTHING that got in their way..

Great update, BBP...thx for it, brother :)

That is crazy looking Bomb. I can't wait to see it bud out. Make sure to take cuts!

Make sure to take cuts!
I'm not too big on keeping mothers. I take cuttings mostly for practice atm. I'm trying to get rid of my veg room and use my flowering room for both already so I wouldn't want a mother room. I might take a few cuttings just so i'll have a lil more but not so I can keep a particular pheno. I'm more into pollen chucking:D.

man what a bummer. sorry to hear your not gonna try to keep the webbed pheno and make beans. is wally duck still puttin these out? (looked couple yrs back and couldn't find any of these beans :( ) or did you just luck into em?
nice lookin plant :D

Oh, I plan on making beans. If I don't luck up and get a male and a female this rip i'll keep on trying...until I run out of beans. I hate taking cuts(because I usually kill them) but I love making crosses:).

Looking great BBP. :aok: Filling out real nice and ya gotta love those funky looking leaves mang. :p

I didn't think such a thing was possible.

Imagine being the last person in the world to save the genetics.

I'd trade em' like crazy to good breeders.

I don't think any breeders are interested in these. There are more webbed strains than the DF. I saw a couple different strains from Hawaii that were webbed. Hawaiin Webbed Indica was what one of them was called, if i'm not mistaken. From what I gather these aren't too potent and the webbed leaves don't show in crosses:(. They're purty though:D.

Latest posts

Back