lighter etiquette

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
Stealing Lighters
You probably have a lighter or two that you didn't pay for. In fact, you may have half a dozen lighters that you've stolen from friends. There's nothing wrong with this act of theft, provided you follow a couple of simple rules:
1) Don't take a lighter that was not handed to you.
2) If the person asks you for it, give it back.
3) If it's an expensive, unique, or meaningful lighter, don't take it.

Lost my best good zippo :rant:

I dont share lighters... Lol if you come to my home and dont have a lighter then I will light it for you, or you just dont smoke

Damn lighter theives.... Lol

I've lost a chrome zippo before, but the person who had it wanted it for himself.. didn'don't talk to him much anymore. Lost plenty of lighters mostly because everybody gets so stoned, they forget they even have it.

it drives me crazy ,,when i go to get mine and its been lifted :hairpull:

Best reason to be republican right there.
Plain old cheaper to lose a 10cent bullet than a $1.19 BIC. :)

Zippos make poor cannabis lighters anyways.

Sorry to hear you lost your lighter.

and it really sucks when someone walks off w/ your lighter and you dont smoke cigs.

get it broke up, packed and then dissapointment.......gotta go to the store b/c i never have an extra one.

my lil sis is a stinking lighter thief.......gotta keep both eyes on her when she is here. i asked to use hers the other day but didnt use it, just put it in my pocket. i told her that was for a future theft of my lighter.

i hate lighter theifs.
i never steal a lighter.. i'm a burnt guy and i still always remember who's lighter it is (or atleast remember it isn't mine, and ask whos it is) so you should to is what i always think.
then it doesn't help that i knew a chick who had a jar full of bics, and had some fetish for stealing them from people.

best is my dad.. if you accidently steal his lighter, he'll call you up days later and ask you to return it (even for a bic) like he did my brother.. was quite comical..
dad - "you steal my lighter the other day?"
bro- "you're lighter? a zippo?"
dad- "no, a blue bic"
bro- "hahaha"

Lighter lifters are the scorge of my life so much so ive got a blue cheepy looking lighter which ive swapped the pushdown bit for a metal replacement, When you click it the crystal gives the user a little zap.. enough to bring the stoners at my place back to earth for a minute

We've also got a 70's looking table lighter mounted in marble and it weighs a ton but even Thats gone missing before but sometime later found again in my welly boot... strange but true

Moon

You could always make your lighter less attractive to others by decorating it somehow...I always have an endless supply of goofy kid adhesive stickers laying around. Or write your name on it or something. :p

I've been in retail store checkout lanes where they have taped an ugly plastic spoon to their pens so folks don't rip them off. I hate using those dumb looking things...lol.

I used to be a horrible, horrible person. To prove this I would save up lighters that were used up until I had them in every possible color. Much like the chick with the jar full. And then not only would I steal someone's lighter I would replace it with the one that was used up.

Everyone will be happy to know...I AM NOT THAT PERSON ANYMORE. But it was fun.

that's just evil :angrywife:

and Smokinmom raises a good point.. that's one thing i've noticed, pink lighters go missing a lot less often than black ones ;)

One morning I woke up and had 6 bic lighters. Had no idea whose they were.Think 2 of them might have been my bro-in-laws, though-lol

Gb

kaotik said:
that's just evil :angrywife:

and Smokinmom raises a good point.. that's one thing i've noticed, pink lighters go missing a lot less often than black ones ;)

None of the ones I had were pink-mostly dark blue, red, or black.

Gb

MindzEye said:
I dont share lighters... Lol if you come to my home and dont have a lighter then I will light it for you, or you just dont smoke

Damn lighter theives.... Lol
thats exactly how i am too lol. i understand that bein stoners most of us and i too have been passed a lighter an either the person forgot to ask 4 it bakl or i literally(habit ) thinkin it was my liter would put in my pocket an forget it myself even . but if your intentionally stealin liters when they cost only 99 cents then hey i'd rather ya just ask me for one. i'd rather give a guy one than know someone plotted actually to steal my 99 cent bic liter lol.
no offense to anyone. lol

zipflip said:
thats exactly how i am too lol. i understand that bein stoners most of us and i too have been passed a lighter an either the person forgot to ask 4 it bakl or i literally(habit ) thinkin it was my liter would put in my pocket an forget it myself even . but if your intentionally stealin liters when they cost only 99 cents then hey i'd rather ya just ask me for one. i'd rather give a guy one than know someone plotted actually to steal my 99 cent bic liter lol.
no offense to anyone. lol

ditto.

I always get white lighters, peoples superstitions usually let the lighter stay ing my hands :D

Any of you guys wary of the white lighters?

I'm very anti-superstitious. BUT, I destroy white lighters if I see one laying around, never use one, and definitely never carry one.

I had 3 bad experiences and each time had them on me when I said "ah, whatever", so since then I've been a believer.

viper said:
Stealing Lighters
You probably have a lighter or two that you didn't pay for. In fact, you may have half a dozen lighters that you've stolen from friends. There's nothing wrong with this act of theft, provided you follow a couple of simple rules:
1) Don't take a lighter that was not handed to you.
2) If the person asks you for it, give it back.
3) If it's an expensive, unique, or meaningful lighter, don't take it.

Lost my best good zippo :rant:

The BIC Lighter Club Rules
note:this regards BIC lighters as well as the small BIC lighters ONLY
Once you BUY a BIC or a Son of a BIC (the small ones) you are a Member of the BIC Club. This entitles you to ALWAYS posess ONE BIC (or Son of a BIC). It does NOT have to be the one you PAID for. However if you find you have TWO BIC's or Sons of BiCS in your possession, this means that another Club Member is WITHOUT his BIC (or SOB). Therefore you are HONOR BOUND to LEAVE the extra BIC (or SOB) on the bar the next time you have a beer OR you may leave in in the Circle at your next Smoke Along. It is NEVER acceptable to possess more than ONE BIC or SOB!
IF you are a PAID Member of the BIC Club and find yourself WITHOUT a BIC you have the right to TAKE a BIC (or SOB) from a bar or Smoke Along.

People who use the INFERIOR so-called "Cricket" lighters are COMMIES and WUSSES and PERVERTS and it's OK to kick their asses at any time and in any place EXCLUDING weddings, funerals and Bar Mitzvahs. They should be SHUNNED in bars and NOT ALLOWED in Smoke Alongs, at all.

Lass

Latest posts

Back