SOW Blueberry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good bro. See that your recipe is coming along well. I'm glad you caught that herm as I found out last night I was not. Very seedy honeymoon mix.

Yeah. Honestly. Seed grows need to be in diff rooms than clone grows.

Yup very good point. That's why I'm cloned & almost ready this run.

nouvellechef said:
First one with it. 20 days in. Holding strong.

18cf organic soil or Pro mix or the like
2cf rice hulls
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, soybean meal
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, alfalfa meal
10lb's bone meal
6lb's cotton seed meal
18 cups Dolomite lime
4lb's epsom
6lb's rock phosphate
5lb's Azomite
1c humic acid
6lb's kelp meal
6lb's green sand
50lb's castings
8lb's Bio-tone/Plant-tone(depot)

Thanks NC. You straight into this mix or using a buffer?

Oh man. Buffer this. No more than 50%. or else. Super hot.

NC---am excited about your mix---never seen rice hulls---i know you are a huge advocate---and that is good enough for me---they are on my shopping list for the next mix---thanks---green mojo to all:peace:

nouvellechef said:
Aeration and vast amount of silica.

So help me out here. What does the extra silica do for the plants? Doesn't greensand already contain a significant quantity? Does it aid chelation?

I'm hearing a lot about silica lately, but I'm not sure what the benefits really are and why we need it in such great quantities. I know about disease resistance, but what else?

Everything you said. Am sure some other benes too. All I know is after running organic for about year amd a half and 4 diff mixes. This new one w/ rice hull combo is the top. Healthiest, most robust, thick stalked plants I have grown to date. None before were showing tip burn going into day 22 before. So whatever it does while being broke down and utilized, is top notch in my book.

No. Cheap man. Huge bag at feed store was like $8. Crazy to think, the mix has gotten hotter for less money. More product, but cheaper overall. Dropping the blood and guano was like shaving 25% off a full 18cf batch. Guano onpy burns for 30 days or so. It will use it first when needed. Same for castings. Castings I can live with, there real cheap at a earthworm farm here. But guano. Just not needed anymore.

Hey NC I am looking at the pics at slide 53 when yu said plants 5 & 6 r out. How old r they at that point? I also noticed in the one pic with the pollen ball, just across from it is what looks to me like a female preflower with the pistel hairs coming out Is that correct? that would make that plant a hermie. were those seeds femenized?

What? You thought you were gonna get pics? Ha.

11 days later. 1, 3 and 7 are showing no herm signs. 7 and 1 are turning lavender color and throwing some serious snow. 3 is ok. Best part. Both 1 and 7 smelling like blueberry pie.

will be sneaking in to see if these interest me. :) lol

Here they are. 5-6 weeks to go.

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

Latest posts

Back