Problem Auto's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
I've noticed alot of auto growers are having problems with several different strains. So i thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can keep track of these problem auto's.

If you've grown an auto and had a problem with it post the strain, where it came from and the problem you had.

I had 3 RRF hermies but they were f2's from a friend. He didn't have any problems with them. So it could have been from my rust ;)

Maybe this will help someone later down the road decide what strain to try next.

Here's a list of problem auto's. I will update this list as more problem strains are found
Nirvana Jock Horror Auto
Nirvana auto blue mystic
Nirvana bubblelicious
Russian Rocket Fuel
Nirvana Short Ryder

It seems like the more popular they become the more problems they are having...cld be from breeders rushing their auto strains out to market before thoroughly testing them....good idea brosef....

Ya you see new auto strains coming out regularly so im sure they're rushed. you don't hear about many lowryder's that don't auto. its always a fairly new auto strain. I know i've seen several different ppl with different strains that didn't auto.

Nirvana Jock Horror Auto

Auto trait not present in this strain. Many members experienced troubles with this. Can be seen in my GJ as well.

Possible hermie may exist in this as well as member including my self found hermie plants, This could be due to growing conditions but unlikely due to multiple members experiencing problems.

Purchased seeds during summer of 2010 so stock before that may have not had issues.

Nirvana has now removed this product from sale.

slowmo77 said:
Ya you see new auto strains coming out regularly so im sure they're rushed. you don't hear about many lowryder's that don't auto. its always a fairly new auto strain. I know i've seen several different ppl with different strains that didn't auto.

I have not seen any problems originating from Short Stuff strains. So i would also recommend this breeder.
I would suggest at the top of the thread that you suggest people to search thread with name of breeder or name of strain to avoid having to read through **** chat.

Good Idea slow.

Nirvana auto blue mystic ordered 7/12/2010
Vegged until sex showed, then flipped to 12/12.

It should be noted that the first month went stress free, then the problems started. Plants went through several problems and were stressed a lot.

One threw a nanner at day 23 of flower also.

Yeah the breeder Stitch is solid...his autos are usually trouble free...I think he does the short stuff line...

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah the breeder Stitch is solid...his autos are usually trouble free...I think he does the short stuff line...

Yeh its stitch that breeds short stuff as far as i know.

Well i will add Nirvana bubblelicious...did not auto, I have one at three months, it has shown its sex but did not bud

Jericho said:
Nirvana Jock Horror Auto

Auto trait not present in this strain. Many members experienced troubles with this. Can be seen in my GJ as well.

Possible hermie may exist in this as well as member including my self found hermie plants, This could be due to growing conditions but unlikely due to multiple members experiencing problems.

Purchased seeds during summer of 2010 so stock before that may have not had issues.

Nirvana has now removed this product from sale.

This is true as Nirvana Shop has removed all but 1 auto strains from thier site because of issues of other strains as well. Don't know if seeds were recalled from venders so there could be some still out there. I have 4 of the JH going now that I had to switch to 12/12. I think they are on week 2 and I started them the 5th of Jan.

I've had hermie issues with thier femmenized seeds, as well.

I used Barneys Flower Power fem, started from seed on 17/7 and after about 2 1/2 weeks it started to flower...im at 4 weeks and its about 4" tall, still on 17/7 and still flowering

Okay, I know this thread is for problem auto's; But I had a feminized Il Diavolo auto (delicious seeds) show sex today at 22 days under 24/0 light; she's a girl! So I personally would recommend this strain for auto grows... As of now; will update here if problems appear!

yeah i have heard to stay away from Nirvana autos. I know DNA has four more autos in the works and so does Barneys farm. I think they will be some great autos

Russian Rocket Fuel: 4 plants auto'd. 1 did not.
Nirvana Short Ryder: 1 plant auto'd. 3 did not.

I need to add a disclaimer here. This is my first grow and I had some problems with ventilation early on. I managed to light burn all four of the plants that did not auto. Of the plants that auto'd, none were burned. I strongly suspect that my grower error contributed to the problem. The Nirvanas were planted first and I was highly critical of Nirvana. After I worked out most of my ventilation problems, the RRFs were planted. After the burned RRF did not auto, I backed off of my criticism of Nirvana.

Classic said:
Russian Rocket Fuel: 4 plants auto'd. 1 did not.
Nirvana Short Ryder: 1 plant auto'd. 3 did not.

I need to add a disclaimer here. This is my first grow and I had some problems with ventilation early on. I managed to light burn all four of the plants that did not auto. Of the plants that auto'd, none were burned. I strongly suspect that my grower error contributed to the problem. The Nirvanas were planted first and I was highly critical of Nirvana. After I worked out most of my ventilation problems, the RRFs were planted. After the burned RRF did not auto, I backed off of my criticism of Nirvana.
Stress will cause them to herm or male on you for sure... I've also read somewhere that a lot of auto strains are more susceptible to these changes due to their short life span and violent flowering period... Idk, just passing it along...

Gixxerman420 said:
Okay, I know this thread is for problem auto's; But I had a feminized Il Diavolo auto (delicious seeds) show sex today at 22 days under 24/0 light; she's a girl! So I personally would recommend this strain for auto grows... As of now; will update here if problems appear!
I just had my fem il diavolo freebie show sex after 28 days under 24/0 light as well.Shes about 8 inches tall in a 2 gallon pot with ffof since seedling stage. Don't think she will produce much but Im keeping my fingers crossed.How big is yours gixxer?lol I know that doesn't sound good.

Well, it happened, one of the Jock Horrors that didn't auto for me hermied. I'm glad I didn't give away all my xtra plants and I'm going to have to inform the guy I gifted one to to watch out.

Jericho said:
I have not seen any problems originating from Short Stuff strains. So i would also recommend this breeder.
I would suggest at the top of the thread that you suggest people to search thread with name of breeder or name of strain to avoid having to read through **** chat.

Good Idea slow.

Ya i think i'll post a list at the top also of each strain that members have had problems with. might even do a list of reputable breeders based on what members have. i'll work on it

Might even be "Sticky" worthy if set up right!

Lowlife Automatic Hindu Kush. germ 10 of these and it looked like i had 3 diff strains going. Same with the Lowlife White Widow.

Latest posts

Back