Trying out hydro: my first DWC bucket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Thg, i have moved from dirt to dwc and never seen this. Also never seen one hermie that quick for any reason.

It may have just been a hermy genetically then, that plant had all sorts of weird issues that none of its siblings (raised in identical conditions) seemed to encounter.

When the cotyledon opened there were no true leaves inside, and it sat there for over a week getting basically no photosynthesis yet somehow surviving long enough to finally sprout a weird tumor-like cluster of leaflets and what appeared to be pistils, and then it grew at like one fourth the rate of the other seedlings after that. The photos above are what it looked like nearly THREE MONTHS after sprouting. So even if it looked small, it was the same age as the larger plant in my soil grow (signature below).

I wish I'd photographed the hermy node but I was too disgusted and trashed it without thinking. It may not have been because of the transplant, but the pistil and balls were clear as day.

Latest posts

Back