Cycling fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
Doing my first, a small indoor grow with cfl's on a 18/6 schedule currently. I'm just out of germination and I'm wondering if it's normal to leave air circulation on 24/7 or do you cycle it like the lighting?

24/7---not only circulation but the exchange of stale for fresh air is very important

2RedEyes, I run mine (circulating & exhaust) 24/7. Learned a hard lesson with powdery mildew, never again. I even went so far as building my own sulfur burner, (never used). Yes I was cycling fans on/off, no I wasn't monitoring my RH. Most fans don't draw that much current, even so it's the price paid for being able to end up with a good mold free bud. Good luck :watchplant:

(When established out of germination)

I have 2 small computer fans near the bottom and 2 near the top of the enclosure. Right now I'm just running the 2 exhaust fans at the top. My plants are just a few days old...

Switch lights to 24/7 and fans to 24/7. Mj doesn't need a dark period while in veg.

I'm with duck, especially as you are running CFLs.

:yeahthat: Run lights and fans 24/7 energy use difference is not much, pennies a day.

Latest posts

Back