Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Northern Lights (Pink Pistol Pheno) by tcbud
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > General Outdoor Growing
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #41
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Action, I believe that all states require that the plants be fenced.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #42
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

I have a 5 foot wire fence all around my property. The deer jump over it like I step over a rock. LOL

It's actually quite beautiful to see them do it. What strength and muscle. They stand right next to the fence, parallel to it and they just spring right over it, almost sideways. Pretty impressive.

Years ago we planted hostas all around the back of our property. The deer love them. Plus, it keeps them away from the hosts in the front yard. LOL
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #43
ifsixwasnin9

ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9

Any problems with insects?

Quote:
the satellite guy is coming
(I think maybe you are already imbibing some.)

Last edited by ifsixwasnin9; 10-06-2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: add
ifsixwasnin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #44
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

No problems with insects this year. I had read that foliar spraying helps keep insects away, so every time I made tea, I sprayed the plants.

Getting cold, but I am hoping that the Satori can go another 10 days to 2 weeks. I have taken some test buds from the purple plants and will start harvesting those. They are so purple
that they are almost black.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #45
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

That purple is so pretty. I could see it in a wedding bouquet. LOL.. Your garden is amazing. I hope you can get two more weeks. I am so happy you have that garden in your back yard.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:00 AM   #46
ifsixwasnin9

ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9 ifsixwasnin9

What temps can they withstand at night? Wonderful garden.
ifsixwasnin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #47
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

THG, that purple shoulda been entered in the BOTM... Very intense color there, very pretty!
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider
2RedEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #48
tcbud

tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud

Great looking plants, awesome buddage.

Careful of the freeze. Frost shouldn't hurt them much, if only for a couple hours overnight. I'm holding out on the Satori here as long as I can too. Two weeks tho, is way beyond what my climate will allow, unless we get a up spike in overnight temps....then there is rain.

Sometimes you have to take them with only cloudy. Outdoor, you watch the weatherman like a hawk.

The purps are oh so beautiful.
tcbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #49
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The temps were a huge concern. I knew they would not survive the frost we had predicted. So, I called my friend from Idaho to come help me. We (he, me, and my sister's buddy) worked our butts off yesterday and got a structure put up over the plants. Good thing, too. It was 27 last night. Tonight is supposed to be 26, 28 on Sun night and then temps will be back above freezing for awhile. So, I am hoping that I can give them a bit more time. We generally have beautiful weather through October here, but we do get some nights with frost. The purples are starting to turn, so I will be starting on harvesting them soon. I will send my buddy from Idaho home with a big cola (we just always have to figure a way for him to safely smuggle it back into the dark ages--Idaho). The Satori just needs to put on some more bulk. I generally take those with mostly clear trichs, but the buds just don't have the bulk they should. Tcbud, you may want to take some of that Satori/Haze before cloudy and give it a try.

2RedEyes, thank you. I am quite happy with the purps. Since these were a cross of Mel's Buck-eye Purple (last year my neighbor had a male he didn't get out of his garden), I didn't know how much of the purple color might carry through. I am very pleasantly surprised that the cross is as purple as the original. Truly, anyone who wants purple bud, should try Buck-eye Purple. So purple they are almost black. I take bad pictures--that pic really does not do the plant justice. While I would never purposely stress my plants to get purple, the Satori does get a nice purple to it from the cold--sometimes unavoidable.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #50
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

38 here this morning... harvest is on. good luck.

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.

2016 Grow:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=73244

Rick Simpson oil done with Everclear thread: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=66245
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 AM   #51
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

A few more pics
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2017, 03:09 AM   #52
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Wow, THG. That looks incredible. Big, fat, purple buds...gotta love it.

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:12 AM   #53
2RedEyes

2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes 2RedEyes

Pretty colors!
I got these thoughts in my own head
Todd Snider
2RedEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #54
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Beautiful. Nice trim job, too.
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:19 AM   #55
tcbud

tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud tcbud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombbudpuffa View Post
Wow, THG. That looks incredible. Big, fat, purple buds...gotta love it.
Could not have said it better.

Wow!
tcbud is offline   Reply With Quote