MarsHydro LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mars drives their 5w diodes at 33%... they are extremely under driven actually :aok:

OK but what's lights to Watt ratio? that's what's matters when trying to save money...I just don't Bellerive what Mars says. .so called sara .
I.don't trust them

lol.. the lights have been put on par and watt meters etc. They are decent enough

180w draw, 5w diodes driven around 33%. I'm not a "builder" or entirely an enthusiast, so I do not know too many more technical things about them beyond that. I just know they are very under driven. :aok:

Either way, trust them or not.. it's not like these are pro level pieces of equipment. Just some very decent lights considering a very low cost, and after testings show that they produce good and dense bud, with little electricity. Remember.. I have 8 of these Mars 400 fixtures, and one of the Mars Sun Series fixture's.

With that said, I'll soon be upgrading. BML Spyder / Illumitex / "LEP's" (this is something new I may be getting into) seems to be where it's at. Or, custom builds if you know your spectrum's etc. :)

lol.. the lights have been put on par and watt meters etc. They are decent enough

180w draw, 5w diodes driven around 33%. I'm not a "builder" or entirely an enthusiast, so I do not know too many more technical things about them beyond that. I just know they are very under driven. :aok:

Either way, trust them or not.. it's not like these are pro level pieces of equipment. Just some very decent lights considering a very low cost, and after testings show that they produce good and dense bud, with little electricity. Remember.. I have 8 of these Mars 400 fixtures, and one of the Mars Sun Series fixture's.

With that said, I'll soon be upgrading. BML Spyder / Illumitex / "LEP's" (this is something new I may be getting into) seems to be where it's at. Or, custom builds if you know your spectrum's etc. :)

You said that perfect Fang. ..I'm scared to start messing with color changes. ..I can on. My lumigrow just full power it lol

You said that perfect Fang

Thank you :aok: :D

In my last run with the Mars 400's, I hit 669 g with 720 watts which is is 0.929 GPW. I call it success, and see that with the right strain I will hit over 1 GPW

This Old Fart needs to get out more !--- I run an aero under LED rotation-- Copied an aerocloner a d build my own boxes !--- The big black boxes with a yellow checkboard lid --396 gph pump shooting straght up to a PVC manifold with micro sprayers ! About a half square yard each !-- I swing a Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series over each at about 18 inches !--- Works well enough and I'm still learning --As I get my nutes tweaked and win the war with bugs production is increasing !---
What U been up to Green Fang !---U should swing by the O.F.C. sometimes !--- I on my second round of inducing polyploidy !---It's a different technique than colchicine but Keef building himself a tetraploid mj plant !---
THG --I was looking for U how U been ? Did U ever experiment with making that Liquid Weed ?--I'm not talking vaping hash oil but reconstructing the weed in Liquid form !

Keef, I made an e-cig liquid that I am pretty happy with--is that what you are talking about?

well i have been using 3 of the mars 300 white and i have to say that the three run about the same heat as two 400 watt hps air cooled. i am running the 2x400 watt hps cool tube plus the three 300 watt leds. my temps get no higher the 80s at the most. the mars are will start to fry my leaves at around 20". the 800 watt cool tube will not start to hurt leaves at around 10-12". as you can see in the pics the leds are the same hight as the cool tube and the leds are starting to bleach my leaves . the hps side seams to allow the pants much closer the the three leds .

View attachment 133.jpg

Post-grow review: I'm not using these lights anymore. I finished one grow with them and was horribly disappointed in my yield and quality. The plants went downhill from the moment I started with these LEDs. I've tried two more grows with them and had very poor results. Went back to MH/HPS and changed nothing else, and plants thrived.

Others may have good luck with these lights, but I did not. I'll stick with MH/HPS for the time being.

Lesson: good LEDs are expensive.

Latest posts

Back