starting to cure my outdoor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DankHobbyist

Reaction score
We'll I just put 2 blue dreams in jars. I grew em in 5 gallon planters outside and thought I would get qp off of them. To my surprise ended up with 8.9 ounces. 1/5th of room (hung trimmed buds) is now jarred. Plants where all small went out late but look nice. Heaviest jar was 74 grams. Half gallon jars filled 80%. Doesn't seem all to dense. Nice smell so far and taste pretty smooth. so far I am a happy camper. Filled 4 half gallon jars.

Wait till you taste it after the cure....congrats on a good harvest.

Another line in jars today. Added another 2 half gallon jars.. Another qp. I need to check this scale cause 2-2.5 oz per half gallon jar seems airy? Or no? Don't really seem airy.. Anyways scale prolly correct and I am now at 15zips 2 lines down 3 more to go. 6 jars .5 gallon full. Can I mix some smoke that is a day younger from harvest with the day older I am jarring before stems break as is trying to get slow cure. They have hung for 11 days.

Another line in jars today. Added another 2 half gallon jars.. Another qp. I need to check this scale cause 2-2.5 oz per half gallon jar seems airy? Or no? Don't really seem airy.. Anyways scale prolly correct and I am now at 15zips 2 lines down 3 more to go. 6 jars .5 gallon full. Can I mix some smoke that is a day younger from harvest with the day older I am jarring before stems break as is trying to get slow cure. They have hung for 11 days.

Yes you can mix them. Just be sure to burp your jars daily.

If I start curing to early and still keep from molding is this bad and why?

you mean if you pick them early and start curing ,how is it bad? It can reduce potentcy And yield because the plants are immature.

Congrats on the chop!!

No jarring prematurely can it cause problems curing smells and taste?

If you jar early it can cause mold. I use a small hydrometer to tell if they are ready to jar.

Stick buds and meter in jar, seal...wait and see what the humidity is. If it's higher than 65 I wait.

Once it drops below 65% I slap a humidity pack (62%) in and seal, burping 2 times a day for 30 minutes or so.

I pull the buds out and replace them in the jars to help even the cure and prevent mold even better.

CLEAN HANDS always....

If you jar early it can cause mold. I use a small hydrometer to tell if they are ready to jar.

Stick buds and meter in jar, seal...wait and see what the humidity is. If it's higher than 65 I wait.

Once it drops below 65% I slap a humidity pack (62%) in and seal, burping 2 times a day for 30 minutes or so.

I pull the buds out and replace them in the jars to help even the cure and prevent mold even better.

CLEAN HANDS always....

Great info TofA!!!!!

Rose is right....wait till you try it after the cure......my outdoor bud is the smoothest I have ever smoked!!

Another thing you can do if you think your buds are ready for jarring and you burp(the jar) the next day and it feels wet, you can put the jarred bud in a paper sack for a day or a few hours. Don't over fill your jars.

Is Columbian sky suppose to taste like peanut butter? Very smooth tastes EXACTLY LIKE peanut butter.

Latest posts

Back