neem oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
morning all ,,,,hey is it safe to neem oil a plant after it has bud on it (about 4 weeks into flowering)don't want to get sick ,,,,,,thanks guys

What are you fighting that you need neem for. it is an icky oil, i wouldn't use it in flower.

not really sure,,,,they are leaving little bit marks on the leaves(white spots)) I looked under a micro scoop,,they are pink little critters with white legs ,,last time I neemed them I did not get underside of the leaves ...the plants seemed to be recovering and were doing ok ,,but now I see a few spots in my flowing room was not sure if it was ok to neem as they have buds on them ,,,thanks rose will not neem just give them a good misting ,,should that help

I dont like the way Neem oil leaves a residue on plant. I swear by Azamax for pest control.

there are good pesticides out there, but once you are that close to flowering, kind of want to be careful. I'm not big on neem oil. Try JMS Stylet oil. It is organic, colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It can be used up until the day of harvest.

I use Azamax which is a Neem oil derivative. It works great on most leaf chewers. However I don't like to spray it on my flowering plants because of the residue. However, what you can do is do a soil/media drench. Put your neem oil in water with a few drops of dish detergent to break up the oil and allow it to dissolve in the water better, then pour it into the plants' soil/medium/rez water and give it 10 days then do it again. The plants will absorb it through the roots and move it systemically through the plant. It takes 2 applications (sometimes 3 if the bugs are tough or have a rapid life cycle).

The key to it not being in your smoke is to not give any neem to the plants within 2 weeks of harvest. The materials in the neem will be metabolized within by the plant within 10-14 days. I have done this many times and had no affect on the flavor. The neem will eventually break down on the outside (if sprayed) within about 4 weeks. If you don't have much bud growth and can get under the plants to spray the undersides of the leaves (some) it will speed up the process as the leaves will absorb some of the neem elements and disperse within the plants, but that isn't absolutely necessary for success. I more often than not, just dump it in my hydro reservoir and let my pumps drench the medium with it. I haven't seen any issues with it changing the pH of the water or medium.

Latest posts

Back