How reliable is sexing by opposing or alternating nodes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nvthis said:
If I remember correctly... It was originally posted by either TBG or TCVG that sex could be determined by alternating node spacing. The idea was that female alternating node spacing was evenly spaced, where as male node spacing was short-long, short-long (there were pics in the original thread). This has come up a few times before, and it has always left most folk flat determined that it was false, or just very confused. Wether or not it is based in science, I personally think most folk (including myself) would do well to stick with more traditional means to determine sex. This is basically fool proof.

I think you're right!.. one of those "I've made a fantastic discovery.. an epiphany for the future of all mj growers"... posts that fell bust, was NOT proven. In fact I think it was proven incorrect when the dust all settled.
There is one and only one way to determine sexual preferance. By waiting untill flowers can be seen. Whether clones put on 12/12, or if you wait untill they express by maturity alone. "Pistills and stamine"..
no amount of node counting, hypothesises, guesses will determine it any sooner.

Latest posts

Back