How Many CFLs/60wtt????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowin

Reaction score
how many of those swirl cfls 60 wtt. will be needed for more than 6 ladies???
can you guys post some pics of the exact ones please....
i have about 5cglbulbs and two 4ft. fluo tubes....
what else is needed? thanks

Using spiral CFLs to flower more then 1-2 plants is not ideal... IMO T5's are your best bet...

blowin said:

Hello
alot is needed.. how big of area are you flowering in?? how big are these plants gonna be. or are?? how many lumens do them 60watters put out??
you need venting what are you using for venting.. those cfl's will be putting off some good heat... and your ladies need an exchange of air min of once a minute smaller area like that i would just run it 24/7...
have you thought of HID lights?? you'll get more dank bud for your bang.. just running those 5 cfls alone will run you up to 300W.. hmmmm i bet ya a 400w HPS will have more lumens then the 5 cfls and the flours...
or you can check out THG dual 150w hps and cool tube..
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30891
Your not really gonna gain much growing with CFL's.. if your serious on growing then look into HID and T5's for veg..
are you hydro or soil.??..
what are you gonna use for nutes??
ph meter getting one have one??
theres actually alot to this gig if your actually serous about it..
hope this helps ya..
LH

i was checkng into this as well. thought if i went cheaper would be better. but each of those 60w cfl bulbs give out about 800 lumens at best conditions.you need 5000 to flower. The 100w gives out about 1400 lumens. so depending on your grow area and what plants you have you gonna need alot of bulbs. plus they all have to be wired in seperate to make sure the energy isnt wasted.
This is jst what ive read over past week in considering cfls

Info came from a CFL merchants website bout lumens.

blowin said:

Lighting needs are figured by the sq footage of your grow space, not plant count. Lights are about lumens and kelvin--the wattage is really inconsequential. You are going to need 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. Are these actual 60W or 60W equivalent? How many lumens? What is the kelvin?

You need an enclosed space with reflective material on the sidewalls for your grow space. You need ventilation--you need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on.

Be aware, that lumen for lumen, CFLs cost more to purchase initially, cost more to operate every single month, put out more heat, and produce substantially less bud than a HPS..

dam good looking to yall pros... i was amazed by the info you guys told me yes too much cfls would be needed fr 8 ladies... i soil area can be bigger but is about 7x7..
ummm for nutes what should i use? for veg? bloom right.?
ill save up for a 600w hps then...
pics of these t-5? where to get those at

blowin said:
dam good looking to yall pros... i was amazed by the info you guys told me yes too much cfls would be needed fr 8 ladies... i soil area can be bigger but is about 7x7..
ummm for nutes what should i use? for veg? bloom right.?
ill save up for a 600w hps then...
pics of these t-5? where to get those at

A 600W is still not going to be nearly enough light for a 7 x 7 space. A 600W is good for about 15-18 sq ft. I have a 3 x 6.5 flowering space that I generally run 6-8 plants in. I run a perpetual harvest, however, so some of the flowering plants are small, some are about ready for harvest, and some are in between.

I have a 4' 4 tube HO T5 (20000 lumens) and a 2' 2 tube PL-55 Tek T5 (10000 lumens) in a vegging closet that is 2 x 4 x 4. I get my T5s from HTG Supply:
hXXp://www.htgsupply.com/growlights.asp?categoryID=1&subcategoryID=107&typeID=71

Listen to the lady! She knows what she is talking about. I have a 4'x4'x6' that I was running a lone 600w HPS in and just recently decided that it wasn't cutting it. So I added another 400w in there....why do you need 7x7? if you insist on this size grow I would use 3 600w.

Latest posts

Back