Any use from seeding plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teeheehee

Reaction score
Hello, i planted some seeds long ago and have only resently inspected them, having forgoten about them. They have finished flowering and are now developing seeds. They are still green but the 'fruits' are resanablely sized.

I want to know (Having never used pot in my life before) if- One: If i want to collect the seeds to plant agein later, do i have to wait for the plant to die then collect them?

Two: Can i still use the leafs or fruit to get any effect. The heads are still nice and plush. I have read that one can cook them with butter. I know the flowers are best, but any experince would be welcome. I have anxiety Marijuana seems like it could help.

Thank you.

How old are you,,cause i can see you KNOW NOTHING about weed. Im not even sure where to begin.
1st off ,,are you in a Legal State? Are these in your Backyard or what? As for as the Fruit and Leaves,,which that fruit is called BUDS,,and the only way to know if its ready for harvest is to look at the triches. And im not sure that ya want those beans My friend,,cause you will end up with more beans that ya dont need. You needs to do ALLOTTTTTT of READING.
You dont know anyone that Smokes Weed?

you can still smoke the buds after you remove the seeds. those seeds are good only for bird feed not for planting

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I'm afraid I am completely ignorant of the basics of Marijuana, and perhaps also plant antimony. In-fact, I've just relised that I need to go research how to roll a joint. I've never smoked (Anything) and I don't know anyone that's smoked pot before, or at least asked them about it.

No, they are not in my back yard. Yes, it's legal here, I'm not in the United States and live in a remote area, so why it's legal I haven’t encountered it very much.

I have been doing some research, please don't feel like I'm using forum members as a substitute for it. It's only I haven’t found anything on saving seeds from the plant for replanting, or if they have any recreational use.

-The head are quite oily, should I proceed by drying them, then removing the seeds before smoking it like a normal flower head. I just assumed that 'flower' meant before they have turned to seed.

-Alternately I'm thinking about making butter out of them as it sounds better than having to smoke it.

-Also, why are the seeds as good as bird feed? I understand that there are male and female plants and perhaps that has something to do with it. What's required to produce seeds that will germinate?

Thanks, and sorry; I'm totally green.

seeds will have random genetics if you plant them it's like playing a lottery, very low chances, so it's the best investment that you can make is seeds. good weed is born not grown ;)

Have you chopped it yet? If not ya might wanna Get a strong magnifier and check the triches (the little clear looking heads oN a clear stalk,,kinda looks like little transparent mushrooms. They need to be mostly Cloudy,,with some amber colored triches. Then shes ready to Harvest. Dont chop till you know shes ready or you wont be happy with the results. Check this out http://www.420magazine.com/forums/how-grow-marijuana/71982-what-trichomes-trichome-101-a.html

the seeds start white and darken as they mature.
a good test of their viability is to shuck a couple, see if they're dark (and maybe have some striping) then squeeze them. if they crush; not ready. if they fit all criteria, you may have made your first accidental cross.
best i found is let the plant dry, then remove em.

as mentioned they're a crapshoot as for what you'll end up with though, but being so new.. you have em, it's legal.. be a good learning resource for ya without costing quality seeds is my thought ;)

as for the plant; yes there's still good stuff on it.. but depending how badly it got pollinated, how much.
might just be spent pods. could be smokeable, but might be best to do some extract; i'd say hash/oil over budder myself, for ease and knowing it should work.
if they're not too badly seeded, you might be able to smoke em fine.

a scope is really the only way to know 100% when it's fully ripe, but if this is unavailable.. atleast waiting till the pistils (hairs) are all red is a good start (people are likely gonna blast me for that advice though ;) :eek: )

a pic would say a thousand words though ;)

Im lost, why would his seeds be no good? He prob had male and female plants and produced seeds, unless I missed something your seeds are worth keeping and using in the future.
The bud is what it is, it will have suffered in quality because of the seeds but is worth smoking to see how it is.

Hi and welcome. After you check with a scope to see if the little clear mushroom shaped (Trichomes) are cloudy and amber colored. IF so then you can cut and hang the buds in a dry area on a hanger. When it feels dry you could put it in a jar but don't let it mold. Keep burping the jar and checking in every day for a month.

love ya rose, but i must admit; i disagree with encouraging a very very new grower to cure his weed.
i see much more potential of mold and waste than success.

JMO though
lets worry about more connoisseur techniques once he's had a few grows under his belt (and maybe smoked his first joint ;) :D )
:)

I think he is going to try it so why not make it safe. It will be weaker pot than we are used to and that is what a newbie needs. He got his toe wet, let him try it.. Just don't let it be moldy.

I think boutique pot is not what were talking about here.. Love Kaotik

Latest posts

Back