The adventures of Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sup chong 420,

Please ditch the MG soil ASAP. I used it before I found out here that it pretty much sucks and troughs off PH levels and might cause your plant to experience nutrient problems. Don't use tap water, it has nasty shit in it that will/or can cause nutrient lock outs in the soil. Buy distilled water. That pot does not look too big. In a few weeks, before you flower and after the roots have developed more, transplant that hoe into a 5gal pot with pure organic soil (soil w/o nutes add to it). Buy Fox Farm nutes or shop online for some.

Oh yeah, I read in your post that you were going to rip you younglings out of the soil and check for roots. DONT. How are you going to put the plant back in the soil with out damaging the root growth...not to mention all the stress you will cause it. My bag-seed plant turned Hermi over stress I caused her...and she was a female clone. They hate stress, that's one thing I know for sure because it happened to me.

Wally World is cool and all but do this: Google: hydroponics store locations + "enter your city here" You can buy better shit at a hydro shop and really get some good advice from the ppl working there. I go in high to a local hydro shop where I live in The Misty Mountain Tops and chat with the stoned clerk about growing "tomatoes"...I don't know who talks more when I'm there the Hydro expert or the newbie hobbyist.

thanks sicnarf..yeah, i was messing around the yard and i found one of those 5 gallon buckets..several of 'em..so that's what i'll do..as far as those damn sprouts..yeah, i already got rid of 'em..dumb sprouts..they just kept messing around..and never fully cracked open..just kept teasing me..(maybe i'll sprout..maybe i won't)...but i got more seeds so it's cool..next time i'll try and sprout 5 instead of 40..what was i thinking? besides..i wouldn't be able to handle those many plants..thanks for the advice about the grow store too..found one..just googled it..although, they do kinda sketch me out a bit..cuz i really dont' trust anyone, y'know? plus i live in the city, so who knows who's watchin..damn cops..hows your hermie doing anyways sicnarf? you gonna keep it? can you still smoke it? i would..what about the leaves..can you smoke the leaves? i think you can, but not sure..anyone know? maybe i'll post it..

ok..i can see how that other compact fluoro that i added made a huge difference..hours after putting it in, i noticed that the plant started turning toward it..like it's leaves were trying to point to it..sooo..i went back to wally world to get another desk lamp to hit the plant on the other side, cuz i don't want her to start growing all crooked..but i'm thinking the shop lamp on top isn't really doing too much is it? cuz it's kinda far from the plant..what do you guys think? but then again it is pushing out the most lumen..anyways..now i got 6800 lumens in there..she'll have to grow now..plus i mounted the fan on the back of the door to blow directly on her..so far so good..for flowering, to compensate for those desk lamps, i think i'll just get another shop light and put it in there..

supergro.jpg

ok check this out...some kind of sticky residue was forming in the center of the plant..what is that stuff? i thin some water got caught in the middle of it and it starting to turn white..smelled kinda weird..so i cut the fan off..and took some water to take off the white gunk..was it sugars? thats what i think it was..like the water got trapped and the plant was producing sugars or something, cuz it was veggin'..i'll check it in the morning..

oh god..now it doesn't look too good..now its wilting..what the ****?? any suggestions..

whats up Chong420. your baby isnt looking to healthy. what have you been giving it?

Thats over watering dude. can see it a mile a way. not signs of fert burn just wilting. you got the soil too wet.

Put a thermometer at the same place as that seedling for an hour. The desk lamps you're using put off a hell of a lot of heat from the bulb. If your plant is getting over 90 degrees, it would also wilt and kill it.

is it mutt? i hope it is..cuz now she's shriveling up..***?? yesterday when i checked on her, she had some white gooey shit like trapped in the middle of the leaves where the new sets of leaves were coming up y'know..and i was like, what is this stuff? i think it was where water was just sitting there, cuz water was sitting on her leaves..so i decided to kinda take that stuff off..and when i did, she just started to wilt..man..this sucks..then last nite i checked on her before i went to bed..she looked like she was gonna spring back, but now this morning she's lookin' real shitty..man..this sucks the big one..but then again..if i can't save her, i can now sprout my 5 seeds..so that's a plus..man, this blows...i'm ready to pull her up and just roll her into a ball and smoke her..is she salvageable?

straight stoney..thanks for the advice..i killed the desk lamps and stuck her under the shop light..hopefully that'll revive her..i did notice that the desk lamps were pushin a little bit of heat out..but man, how can you explain that white sticky stuff? like i said she was fine, til i started rubbing that shit off of her, then BAM, she's takin' the stairway to heaven!..i thought that maybe with the water trapped in the leaves, the plant was producing some kind of food, starch, sugar or wotever and i took it away from it and started dying..yeah it was wierd..white sticky residue, that smelled like rubbing alcohol in a way..cuz during photosynthesis, doesn't the plant produce something like that? i gotta look into it..it's been awhile since i took a biology class..

"The intermediary reactions before glucose is formed involve several enzymes, which react with the coenzyme ATP (see adenosine triphosphate) to produce various molecules. Studies using radioactive carbon have indicated that among the intermediate products are three-carbon molecules from which acids and amino acids, as well as glucose, are derived. This suggests that fats and proteins are also products of photosynthesis. The main product, glucose, is the fundamental building block of carbohydrates (e.g., sugars, starches, and cellulose). The water-soluble sugars (e.g., sucrose and maltose) are used for immediate energy. The insoluble starches are stored as tiny granules in various parts of the plant–chiefly the leaves, roots (including tubers), and fruits–and can be broken down again when energy is needed. Cellulose is used to build the rigid cell walls that are the principal supporting structure of plants."

and i had a big 'ol glop of it..if that's what it was..i think i killed it..

Because of its hydroxyl (OH) groups, THC is technically an alcohol. It lacks nitrogen and is not an alkaloid.

From the cached archives of "Overgrow.com":

It has long been known that the green part of plants, when exposed to light under suitable conditions of temperature and water supply, intake carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen into it. This gaseous exchange is the result of photosynthesis. The intensity, quality and daily duration of illumination all influence the amount of photosynthesis that takes place.

Each type of plant, whether it's sun-loving or shade-tolerant, has its own rate of photosynthesis. More photosynthesis appears to occur in the orange, short red and blue bands of the spectrum than in the green and yellow bands. In general, the longer the daily amount of illumination, the more photosynthesis will take place.
Section 4: Factors affecting the rate of photosynthesis

There are other factors other than the obvious amount of light that reaches the plants that affect the rate of photosynthesis. These can be manipulated by the grower to achieve maximum speed of growth and larger yields in a shorter period of time.

Humidity

The humidity in the enviroment is the amount of water vapor present in the air. Most growers know that humidity in excess of 85% percent increases the probability of the appearance of bud mold. The humidity is also critical during germanation when the seedlings are extremely fragile. Humidty should be kept over 80% at this stage in the plants life to prevent the soil from drying too fast. Experimentation has shown that a relative humidity of 65% to 80% increases growth rate. Below this level the plants develop extremely narrow and tissue paper thin leaves to try to prevent excess loss of water. Above 80% relative humidity the plant have trouble disposing of toxic chemicals through evaporation.

Temperture

Marijuana can survive tempertures from 32 degrees F to over 100 degrees F. Cannabis will grow best with a temperture of 70 to 75 degrees F day and night. Higher than 90 degrees F the enzymes within the plant begin to breakdown and photosynthesis is affected. The same is true for low tempertures.

Carbon dioxide

Carbon dioxide is a gas that is essential for the light reactions in all plants that carry on photosynthesis. CO2 is absorbed through the leafs stomates and is combined with water and light energy to form glucose (used by the plant as energy) and oxygen (which is released). Therefore supplementing CO2 to the existing amount in the air will speed up photosynthesis and therefore, growth will occur faster. Experimentation has also shown that CO2 can help marijuana toloerate higher tempertures (up to 95 degrees F) with little affect on the rate of photosynthesis.

Water

Although only a small portion of water absorbed by the plant is used in photosynthesis a shortage of water does affect the rate photosynthesis occurs. This happens because when the plant is low on water the stomates on the leaves close preventin the release of waste gases and other toxic chemicals. This closure will severely slow down or even stop photosynthesis from occuring.

Over watering marijuana is very harmful to growth rate.

thanks stoney..so i'm thinking its the almost the end for dirt..still contemplating on whether to pull her..ima smoke it..stem and all..pulled five more seeds, stuck 'em in a moist paper towel and put 'em in a empty dvd case and tossed 'em on top of the stereo that's always playing..hopefully they'll sprout..cuz when they do and dirt is still looking crazy..ima 'bout to go Dr. Kevorkian on her..

chong420 said:
thanks stoney..so i'm thinking its the almost the end for dirt..still contemplating on whether to pull her..ima smoke it..stem and all..pulled five more seeds, stuck 'em in a moist paper towel and put 'em in a empty dvd case and tossed 'em on top of the stereo that's always playing..hopefully they'll sprout..cuz when they do and dirt is still looking crazy..ima 'bout to go Dr. Kevorkian on her..
If you like, and you're able to use a hydro ebb and flow, I'd be glad to help you design one for your application. It's easy. Costs more than the other ways, but only once.

dirt is dead..i pulled her up..she was drying out and looked horrible..so i balled her up and smoked her..well some of her..she tasted harsh..lol..took two tokes and that was all i could handle..i think a headache is starting to come over me..

My suggestion to you would be to read an online grow guide and then go to the pic secyion and try to find somebody with a full grow journal. They are usually contain good pics of a naturally progressing plant.

Latest posts

Back