auto strains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waspfire

A.K.A FLABOY
Reaction score
was wondering can anyone tell me some types of auto strains there are out there i know lowrider#2 but are there others out there besides those?TY;)

Do they actually flower without changing the photo-period?

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
Do they actually flower without changing the photo-period?

Yes.I flower at 20/4.I'm growing Dieselryder,Automatic white Russians,with Snowryder and Automatic Blueberry in the mail.

That's crazy time4tokin! Do the buds grow faster because you have a longer light period? Do they look the same as the original flowering plants?

Thorn said:
please also try dutchbreed.com - they have a very good selection on autos :)

i just got done checkin this site u said out and a couple questions maybe u know answer to them...
these autos... can u grow them indoors or outdoors or is there a strict environment either in or out that they need to thrive to their best? cuz i notice they all round 10 weeks from sed to harvest. really now is that all the longer it takes cuz if it is and if they work outdoors too... I'M SO SOLD ON AUTOS MAN.. lol i dont like this phobia i've acquired along wit growin outdoors coming closer to the colder days of the year and time for winter to move on in. and they stay small i assume. both meaning i could so easily manage like a bunch of these next year outdoors. figuring they say yeild on each is roughly round an ounce give or take and if i'd get 20 females say maybe outta planting 40 or better again this year an after males and possible casualities.
oh and this rhudaralis they say all the autos are crossed with makin it auto flower... i herd once that rhuderalis is like a wild russian MJ plant almost similar to our hemp here in states. maybe i misunderstood but i never gave autos thought due to that fact thinkin potency would be crud compared to the fat ladies i got goin now lol...

i found this interesting read on the ruderalis gene pol etc and its coming to cross with regular MJ yada yada etc .. i found it cool

hxxp://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3033.html

hey zipflip! not sure how well i can answer your questions, but dutchbreed are very good and friendly so email then whenever and they will help ya out :)

I would say that the autos could do really well outside but they'd need a lot of sun otherwise they will stretch loads and flop over hehe - thats what mine did when i hid them outside for a week while i was on holiday. I'm currently growing 2 female and one male Lowryder Mint - they are 5 weeks old. Not grown anything else from their site yet but these babies smell delicious!

I grew Lowryder 2 before these and a few of the plants were soooooo strong, so don't you worry about the strength :D I hear Auto AK47 is one of the strongest autos so if your after a good punch maybe look into that :D

well then i might just have to consider gettin in gear on an indoor grow lol. i just dont know if my nerves can handle growin in my home, legalities and all and paranoia and wat not ...
but when u say lots of light or they'll stretch an topple over... how much light we talkin here really tho?my actuall 12 12 outdoors doesnt start til late september and mid to late may our light is at its longest in the days.
i'm lookin for a strain that'll go from seed to harvest outdoors in 5 months tops would be safe time frame for me but yet i'd be able to start indoors for bout a month before puttin outside.
my sativas i got(strain-unknown bagseed) are only 3 weeks into flower at most. an probabl;y gonna have lotta premature bud or none at all worth smokin even. unless sativas are good smokin only bout half thru their flowerin cycle.

Hey Zip.If you plan on growing auto's outside next year you're gonna need to grow a few inside this winter to get some seeds.I'm planning on making seeds all winter.
Most of the auto's are made from joint doctors original lowryder which uses a Mexican Ruderalis,williams wonder and northern lights if I remember right.They have been back bred until the only trait of the ruderalis that's left is the auto trait.

I mean lots of sunlight as opposed to hidden in the shade all day. If you plant them early - i know someone on here grows lowryders from february through to november, sorry cant remember who it was. they will be done from seed to harvest in 3 months max i'd say :)

I am not that well experienced but have grown a few plants outdoors in a few different places and also grown a lot more indoors. I don't get paranoid bout my grow at all unless I see cops on my road! lol I do, however, get scared and paranoid everytime I go to check any outdoor plants, even if I go with my fella, as you never know who could be hiding in the bushes!

Thorn said:
I mean lots of sunlight as opposed to hidden in the shade all day. If you plant them early - i know someone on here grows lowryders from february through to november, sorry cant remember who it was. they will be done from seed to harvest in 3 months max i'd say :)

I am not that well experienced but have grown a few plants outdoors in a few different places and also grown a lot more indoors. I don't get paranoid bout my grow at all unless I see cops on my road! lol I do, however, get scared and paranoid everytime I go to check any outdoor plants, even if I go with my fella, as you never know who could be hiding in the bushes!
so, lets say i plant them on a flat with no hills or big trees etc shading them at all and they get sunlight as long as the suns up? cuz if these autos work outdoors then man oh man this is the ticket right here... AUTOS.
i'd first be able to start them outdoors first in may sometime due to weather round here.

time4tokin20s said:
Hey Zip.If you plan on growing auto's outside next year you're gonna need to grow a few inside this winter to get some seeds.I'm planning on making seeds all winter.
Most of the auto's are made from joint doctors original lowryder which uses a Mexican Ruderalis,williams wonder and northern lights if I remember right.They have been back bred until the only trait of the ruderalis that's left is the auto trait.

why u say that? i was just plannin on orderin bout 30 seeds was all...

yea zip u got it! :D

Ok here's my experience on autos outdoors.

First I planted 1 lowryder #2 in a spot under ferns on the edge of a little wood. It was planted after showing sex so didn't stretch too much but was very spindely and we only got 2/3 smokes out of her. She just didn't have enough sunlight so fatten up at all.

Then I put my 3 Lowryder Mint outdoors for those 5/6 days I was on holiday. They were in a spot with sunlight - if it weren't for the horrible weather - it rained pretty much constantly for say 4 of those days. The plants were just showing sex so were still growing and yep they stretched as they just didn't get the sunlight and flopped over because of the amount of rain.

They are ok now though. 5 weeks old and recovered as well as they could and now producing nice little buds indoors under my 2 cfls :)

In all truth you never know until you try and no matter how much you read you never fully understand unless its your own experience. So when it comes to near may next year get some seeds germinated and and get them growing! :D

I totally agree with you that autos are the way forward in stealth outdoor growing. As they stay so low its almost possible to grow them anywhere!

Take it easy my friend :)

its not too rainy of a climate here tho. more so everyone worries bout no rain and wishin for it(farmers) every year it seems. and there's plenty of "middle of nowhere" places to grow round here. and them heli flyovers, i never really herd of them happening round here.
i think i might definately give it a whirl maybe let em grow indoors til done veggin an showin sex to lack the possible stretchin so much. but in ur experience how long do the average autos take to show sex from seed? and wats the most dry wweight(yeild ya gotten of an auto? or anyone else?

how bout LST wit autos just outta curiousity in case a person wanted to go micro stealth like?
anyone ever do this

usually once they germinated and popped up from the ground it will take anything from 13 days to 28 days in my experience. :)

How stable is the auto trait through each breeding generation with say Dieselryder, bred with another Dieselryder?
Or how elusive is the auto trait in general? Like how much work would one expect to bring it out stabily crossing it some other true breeding strain?

born2killspam, my first lowryder no.2's were from someone who pollinated their own plants and made seeds. all plants were autoflowering, only the quality of a few wasn't as good. but yea the auto trait seemed pretty stable there!

zip, I have actually thought about LST for the autos but not yet tried it. I was gonna try it after the 2 ladies i got now but then i won me some orange candy floss seeds from dutchbreed so will be doing those LSTed but they are not autos :)

born2killspam said:
How stable is the auto trait through each breeding generation with say Dieselryder, bred with another Dieselryder?
Or how elusive is the auto trait in general? Like how much work would one expect to bring it out stabily crossing it some other true breeding strain?

You might want to read a bit more. I have heard that many of the newer autoflowering strains like Dieselryder were not stable at all. I am not crazy about the auto strains at all and have some concern that autoflowering strains (along with hermies) may contribute to a decrease in the quality of "medicinal" grade marijuana.

And IMO, there is a big difference ibetween "making seeds" and breeding.

Latest posts

Back