Auto flowering, what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adam420

I have 3 different plants growing from seed (bagseed) they are almost 5 weeks old. I cut clones on tuesday they are doing great, this morning when I went to check out my plants. I notice that the tall one 13" has pistils and looks like it has been flowing for 2 weeks now. All my plants are under 24 hour light with 4 cfl with 23watt = to 100 watt with 1480 lumins each. I didn't want to flower untill my clones have rooted but should I flower the one with pistils or should I keep it on 24 light? I have a 430 watt for flower.

my buddy a few months back got a bag of red rooster Kush and found some seeds so he grew them and the same deal he got lucky. instead of showing just pre-flowers at every node they just started to flower in 18/6. clusters started to form and it was off its 50 something days in and it actually looks great as if it were under 12/12. its forming fast there's a sweet cola with lots of side buds i gave him some Jamaican x OG Kush pollen to see if we can pass on the trait and backross untill its a stable auto strain:hubba:

most auto's start from around 3 weeks to 5 weeks from planting then it will grow out its bud for a further 5 to 7 weeks depending on particular strain.
they will flower under 24 hours of light but i heard its better 20/4
if your's ends up being a real auto flower then the clones are junk as they will continue to flower along with the plant. but it migth be a killer plant:confused:
all you can do is watch and wait:D

Can you post a picture? IMO, there are only 2 options--either they are preflowers or you have an autoflowering strain. Either way, you should be okay keeping them in 24 hour light until your clones root. I would recommend getting some more light in there is you can. The light you have is adequate for about 1-2 sq ft.

I want to get 2 more bulbs but been waiting. my grow space is 29" wide by 19" deep. I took some pics this moring and they were bury i will take some more after. I put the plant under the hps, I might keep it on 24 just want some strong light on it. I'm not sure what pre flowers are but I do know what pistials (i hate spelling) are they are on the top couple of nods really thick and about an half inch out. I was planing on seeing whitch plant groes the best and has the most buds then keep thos clones. That is only if I had more then one female.

just pre flowers had the same thing with one of mine. ohh btw u might wanna keep the light close. i saw mine strech when it pre flowerd like u are saying.

I do keep the light close, 2 inches away from cfls and about 8 inches away from my HPS untill my hand gets really hot. I don`t have any good pics they don`t show they pistils.

Latest posts

Back