plastic cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dirtysox

I have plastic cups that are 4.75 inchs tall. Can a seedling be grown to the same height from the cup, and then flowered, just for sexing? Will the dixie cup become too root bound to do that.

So that I dont use to much soil and containers, I want to throw out the males right away, and then transplant the females to large containers and back into veg.

It really depends on the plant, veg time, and nutes...but yes you can, and it works pretty good. If you start to flower when they are 6" or so, within a week or 2 they will show sex, then transplant.

Hello dirtysox....yes you can do this...I do some Micro grows here on MP where we grow in small cantainers..like a (candy) m&m container...and we grow them all the way out in them...I will tell ya that the yield is effected from the amount of root space..I dont think root bound..just my thaughts...and you can do what Ya saying..its the best to save the soil..IMO...after finding the females I would throw in 24/7 light cycle and into final grow bag/container...this all depends on your grow area...Hope this helps..take care and be safe

I generally start my seeds that way. Just a heads up though, you will need to water them very often as they grow... no doubt. Peace.

I used to start my seeds in solo cups but have since moved on. I find they need to be watered too much and the roots outgrow that cup faster than you think. It can be done but it is not really the best conditions for the plant. Recently I have found some small square pots that are a few times bigger than a solo cup but are very space efficient. The square pots fit together perfectly and there is not one inch of wasted space.

Latest posts

Back