2nd GJ with Blueberry, NL, and Afghan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosport00

Reaction score
Going to get this going so I can get some feedback from the MJ community!
I have started 5 Dutch passion Blue berry feminized as well as 2 northern lights and 2 Afghan feminized. I am currently growing in hydrofarm 4 gallon buckets with GH nutes under a 400 watt MH. I have a 600 watt digital/switchable set up scheduled to arrive tuesday the 1st. I also use 3 (4) bulb flouro's to supplement. I may use the 400 and the 600 together, not sure yet. I have plenty of fresh air and a 340 cfm exhaust fan with a cancan filter that goes out through my 1000 watt flower room light to the great outdoors. I keep the ppm's pretty close to where they need to be according to the GH chart.

I also grow in Fertilome soil with 4 gallon pots. I use Fox Farm nutes for the dirt and also use a couple supplements as needed. I will try to keep pics posted weekly and appreciate any imput to help my grow. We will start this GJ in about week 2-3 as watching seeds germ is pretty non descriptive. I also have 1 mango that I put in a rockwool cube after germ and hope to put it straight to a bucket in 2 weeks but it is not up yet, hoping a day or 2 and she will be up. I say she because it is also feminized.

Sounds good...I'll take that chair over there...

Brighter the better, if you can keep it cool, afford the power, and the noise, blaze your plants with all the lumes you can. But to be practical if you have 9 buckets stacked next to each other, the 400 will be enough to get started, but as the plants grow and fill out then you will either have to prune them, or move the buckets apart and then you will need the extra light. You really dont need side lights in my opinion until the plant is big enough to where the lower growth is shaded, lets say 10 to 14 inchs tall, and even then, you dont absolutly need side lights, it helps, but it also adds heat, at some point the light and heat ratio will battle it out. Creating a point of dimenishing returns, plants are like humans, they want to be in San Diego where its 78 degrees and the sun makes you tan, but if you add to much sun, it can get too hot, and make your skin uncomfortable. Welcome to the world of dialing in your set up. Start with the 400 and go from there is my vote.
Sounds like you have some killa strains selected, take pics!

Here is some pics to get it started. The buckets have 2 NL's in the middle, 1 afghan in the front left, 1 BB front right, then around the outside going clockwise in dirt is Afghan fem, 5 BB fem and the mango is setting on top of a bucket in a cube in a shot glass. Let me know what you think!!!!!

IMG_0147 (640x480).jpg

Looks like marijuana seedlings! Clean set up, dwc is great, you will have fine tasting plants in no time! Dont nuke em, be slow and stable when bumping up your schedule, take your time adjusting ph, after adding up or down, let it circulate for atleast 5 minutes before reading it again. Slows the pace, wins the race.
Always use room tempertaure ro water, dont shock your plants with water that just came from a water station that might be alot colder than what they were just in, unless your running a chiller. Keep an eye on the leaves, they are tall tale signs of the plants health.

Thanks for stopping by v35B. Cant wait to get this going!! Hey Vdog, All great advice! I let my water set for at least 5 days before use to get temps to room temp and let the junk get out of it. I usually add my nutes then PH test next morning to let things stabalize. I also aerate all of the buckets to keep things mixed up and I just add PH balanced water between weekly changes. I also Have a BB in a bucket in 5 weeks of flower but she got very ill from a cracked valve on my H2O softener that was letting salt water by. Took awhile to diagnose as she was giving all kinds of screwy symptoms. Figured it out when I got salt rings on my water buckets. Put a spigot BEFORE the softener to avoid this again. She's doing ok but not going to be a great yeild:mad: Lesson learned!!!!

Start looking for phone books, boards, bricks, whatever you can use to elevate the pots so that you keep the top of the smaller younger plants even with the older bigger plants, they look fine now, but in a couple of weeks you will see what I mean. It happens fast, real fast, your plants look great, whatever water schedule your on with the soil is great, dont over water, cannabis does better underwatered than overwatered, and they will let you know if they are thirsty so dont get overzealous with watering soil. Looks very healthy and good, your on your way! Do yourself a big favor and start educating yourself now about cloning, you will thank me for it later. I would suggest a do it yourself bubble cloner on a 20 dollar budget, roots in seven days with great success, or you can go to the plug, or straight to media method that can take 14 to 28 days to root and can be less reliable at first. This way, since you allready have the lights to run two rooms, you can start your own collection of prefered strains, and always have plants that are ready to go into flower at your disposal. Hmmmm? yes you like what I say? yes yes?

Great Advice V! Done some cloning of my mango grow and had great success with going to dirt, usually 7 days or so for roots. I have a bubble cloner (25 ) and did not do good cloning the Blue berry. I think it was because of the water issues. I am going to try some more clones when these get larger and have some nice donor branches. I use root 66 for H2O and schultz take root for the dirt. The water issue set me back a bunch. I had a great rotation where I was harvesting a plant about every 2-3 weeks and was getting about 5 oz per. I have had fantastic results with MANGO and hope I can get good results with BB as it is 1 of my favorites.

:smoke1: The room I flower in stays about 75 degrees with about 38-44% humidity and my veg area is about the same temp with humidity at 30%.

Today I am waiting for the ups guy to bring my new 600 hp/hps light set up. Took a vacation day to make sure I am here. LOL I will get some pics up as soon as I get er hung and operating.

Hmmm. I will be interested to see what DP's blueberry is like. GL

I have the new 600 up and running and the extra lumens are very noticable. I really like the dimmable ballast and think it will adapt to many changing light situations very well. I dont always need 600 for seedlings and clones. Inspired me to order a new 1000 watt digital/switchable ballast for the flower room. I am still running a magnetic but think the digital would seriously help that room also and maybe save me a couple bucks:) I will get some pics up saturday!!!

hey N chef, whats ya got cookin these days. Been checkin in on your grow and sounds like all is well. The DP Blue Berry I have in flower (week 5) is really starting to get some nice buds and the smell is getting nice and sweet. I will also get a couple pics up saturday of the BB

Latest posts

Back