The best Blueberry and something called "Death Star"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SensiStarFan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I hope your weeks are starting well. I only have one relative that smokes and he ususally gets some amazing stuff. He lives in New England but has some friends/growers in Ohio. He came to visit me recently and brought me two buds that he had been saving for me. He isn't a grower and has never tried growing but knows a bunch of people that do. He saved me a couple small buds of the best stuff he had tried over the last year and got the info he could on them. The first was "blueberry". I have smoked lot's of buds that were called "blueberry" but this stuff was amazing. I went back into the room we smoked in 30 minutes later and the smell was still identifiable as something different. The second was something called "Death Star" and I could tell from smoking it that it is a cross between Sensi Star (I have been smoking that for years) and something else. I did a basic search and once I got past all of the threads about the movie Star Wars I found a few posts about it in forums. What people said is that it is a clone only strain that comes out of Ohio??? I would link you to the page I found but I refuse to give another forum credit or notice here.

Anyway, I tried searching a couple seed banks for "Death Star" and came up empty. I searched for Blueberry and found many breeders selling it. So I thought I would ask all of you here.

1. If you have grown blueberry and liked it, where did you get it?
2. Have you ever seen a seedbank selling seeds for a strain called "Death Star"?

Thank everyone!
-SSF-

yea yea I know I make fun of the amount of strains out there and if I am chasing a unicorn so be it. But this stuff was fire and I am willing to look for it.

-SSF-

I have a feeling nchef's blueberrynis gonna be straight fire...I have only heard good things about SOW's own brand of gear...not sure who the breeder(s) is/are....

Hamster Lewis said:
I have a feeling nchef's blueberrynis gonna be straight fire...I have only heard good things about SOW's own brand of gear...not sure who the breeder(s) is/are....

yea NChef threw up a pic of his blueberry the other day I think. Hopefully he comes by at some point and tells me where he got his beans.

Ok. I did some more searching around and found out that Death Star is a cross between Sour Diesel and Sensi Star (probably why I love it so much). I have the Sensi Star. Who sells good Sour Diesel? I will try my own hand at creating it myself and see what I get. Perhaps a new journal down the line :)
-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Ok. I did some more searching around and found out that Death Star is a cross between Sour Diesel and Sensi Star (probably why I love it so much). I have the Sensi Star. Who sells good Sour Diesel? I will try my own hand at creating it myself and see what I get. Perhaps a new journal down the line :)
-SSF-

Rez has fire SD but I believe those beans are ultra pricey and sometimes hard to get....oh and nchef's blueberry is from Sowamazingseeds....it is a house strain...not sure who their breeder is. Sow carries a lot of straight fire strains.

Hamster Lewis said:
Rez has fire SD but I believe those beans are ultra pricey and sometimes hard to get....oh and nchef's blueberry is from Sowamazingseeds....it is a house strain...not sure who their breeder is. Sow carries a lot of straight fire strains.

Ok what is "Rez". Sorry I don't keep up with breeders as much as I should. Thanks for all your help Hamster.
-SSF-

EDIT: RESERVA PRIVADA?

SensiStarFan said:
Ok what is "Rez". Sorry I don't keep up with breeders as much as I should. Thanks for all your help Hamster.
-SSF-

EDIT: RESERVA PRIVADA?

Lol...sorry bro. I know it gets crazy sometimes between abbreviations and breeder names...:)

Rez is the breeder for Resevoir seeds....he has some real nice strains and he will be the first to tell ya that..lol. A lil full of himself. Let me see if I can find his gear online.

Dj shorts true blueberry is pretty fire I hear. I've got a few crossed by sannie that have high blueberry influences.

New blue diesel (blueberry indica x NYCD)
Blueberry sativa (sold at sannies, bred by eskobar)
And I got 2 freebie chemdawg x true blueberry

Haven't grown any of them yet, but I'm very hopeful for it. Those from sannies cost about 30 for a pack of 10. The Dj short will run over 150 usually.

My wife doesn't know yet, but I will be picking some of that Dj short blueberry up soon.

I don't know if many people know about this site but it is awesome for finding the lineage of strains and all kinds of other info....shld be a bookmark on every MJ growers toolbar...

//en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Sour_Diesel_IBL/Reservoir_Seeds/

i remember reading about death star in an old hightimes.
found their site, but they have no beans for sale :(
but i did see;
Hello everyone, We are working hard with Cali Connection on getting the SFV OG X DS finished and tested for everyone to enjoy Check there site for all upcoming information.
teamdeathstar420.webs.com/

so that could be something to keep an eye out for
:)

I will tell you in 12 weeks. $75 for SOW's. DJ's is not the same. I already ran 50 seed hunt. Stony like any other gpod pot. But not blueberry cobbler.

nouvellechef said:
I will tell you in 12 weeks. $75 for SOW's. DJ's is not the same. I already ran 50 seed hunt. Stony like any other gpod pot. But not blueberry cobbler.

Is there any way you can translate this post into English? I do not mean to offend you but I am way behind on grower's lingo. Thank you.

-SSF-

Sow is sowamazingseeds.com

Thats where you will find strains they carry of their own line and others includimg the blueberry.

DJ's is DJ short seeds, google it. Spendy. Not blueberry cobbler tasting. Just good ole pot.

That what you meant?

nouvellechef said:
Sow is sowamazingseeds.com

Thats where you will find strains they carry of their own line and others includimg the blueberry.

DJ's is DJ short seeds, google it. Spendy. Not blueberry cobbler tasting. Just good ole pot.

That what you meant?

Thanks NC!
When you talk about DJ's, I assume you mean you grew out 50 seeds of DJ's blueberry. Was that DJ's "blueberry" or "true blueberry"? And you are currently growing SOW's blueberry? Thanks for dropping by the thread.

-SSF-

If you have the cash Sowamazingseeds has got fire in seed form....they carry all the best gear...but you can go broke quick.

He is growing SOW's blueberry right now...very early stages though.

SensiStarFan said:
Thanks NC!
When you talk about DJ's, I assume you mean you grew out 50 seeds of DJ's blueberry. Was that DJ's "blueberry" or "true blueberry"? And you are currently growing SOW's blueberry? Thanks for dropping by the thread.

-SSF-

I grew both. 50 seeds each. Neither tasted like fresh blueberrys. While it was good pot. Just didnt have what I wanted.

Have you found that one you wanted yet chef, or is this a continuation of the search?

I mean, obviously youre still looking, but anything come close to it so far?

Not one like I tasted in 99' at Rainbow valley in Little rock WA. Amazing this was. The SOW i tasted was very close. But who knows if that pheno will ever show up again. It died from pinched airline before I got a cut.

Latest posts

Back