Easy, easy, easy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKINGRANPA

Reaction score
This was a grow I did this past spring and thought it would be helpful to those looking for a simple way to grow.
Basically I started with a small room I built pretty easily from 2x4s’ it measures out to be about 6’x3’x7’. Wrapped the whole room in Mylar hung a 600 watt HPS light for flowering and had a second ballast for a 400 watt MH for vegging. Used a 125 watt CFL for the first week or so after seeds poped.
So, I purchased my seeds from Barney's, the CK and got a few freebies and among them was a Berry Bomb. Then with a lot of research and a couple of delayed starts, I went to work.
After looking and trying different methods I decided to go with easy, easy, easier. Here's how it went.
Just went with 1 CK (critical Kush,) 1BB (berry bomb.) Started seeds in rock wool seed starters, soaked in warm water, drained then placed the seeds in, then put everything into a small container with coco palms all around. Just kept it on the moist side, just used a spray bottle. I did place the containers in a plastic tray and let the runoff become a small res. Seemed to work well. Seeds poped in about 4 days, went under a 125 watt cfl for a week or so and let them grow.
I decided to go hempy and lucus for feeding. So hempy buckets were 5gal black buckets with 1/2"hole drilled about 2" up from the bottom. Filled the bottom of the bucket with perlite up to the hole then added straight coco palms. Used a 14” plastic tray for a drip pan and runoff.
The Lucas formula was ( I used general hydroponic, because that’s what I had) 2 to 1 ratio, started low running 500ppm, to final of 10mm micro, 20mm flower and 1 tsp. cal magic which was giving me around 1500ppm, ran all water at 5.8ph. Feed 1 day, plain water the next, nothing else to do but watch them lovely ladies grow. I went with 600 watt HPS for flowering, good ventilation and good fresh air feed. I even went away for a few days and never had a single problem.
I think I went 50 or 60 days flowering but the end results were some dynoooomite stuff.
Cut, dried and cured left me with around 15 oz totals from both plants. Don't know if that's good but I was set for the year.
Thanks again for all the great info from all you great fellow cultivators here at MP and also over at MC which made this all possible......:vap-leafy_wave:

Just a note, I posted this somewhat on MC because they got me started with the barney's CK, Lots of good folks in both places.

So nice to hear from you smokingrampa. I would say that is quite a nice harvest. So happy for you. Thank you for stopping in.

That is an exceptional harvest! You did a great job. We have someone else here that is doing their first run with hempy buckets. Glad to hear that yours worked so well.

Thank you HG and Rose, I started, thanks to you HG, with hydro, which worked well but because I was doing bucket boys it required a lot of testing and I did have some ups and downs. The good side of that was all the great experience and learning different ways and seeing a lot of options. I am a Hempy, Lucus, follower for now.
Here are a couple of pics, not good with camera.
Going to start again with a Blue Dream and a Nebula, from barneys.

View attachment plant phases 029.jpg

View attachment plant phases 053.jpg

View attachment plant phases 164.jpg

Do you have some pics of your setup? Mega harvest well done and good luck with the next one.

Latest posts

Back