Spider Mites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindtrip

Reaction score
I don't see any damage from them, but I want to nip this in the butt quick. I can see teeny tiny gray bugs on my soil, pots, and plants. I assume these are spider mites? They're too small to get on camera. I never noticed them with either of my previous grows.

Can anyone offer me an organic way to get rid of them? And where the hell did they come from? How do I keep them from coming back?

Azamax every 5 days. its organic and is best used as a preventive maintenance tool

love this stuff

Nice link WH, we need to know what they are. SM don't hang out in dirt. They leave black frass(****) on the leaves and suck the juice out of them.

I like SNS products the best for an organic grow. Although Mighty wash is awesome too.
If they are on your soil i don't think they are sm..
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Dlawngarden&field-keywords=sierra+natural+science&sprefix=sierra+natural+science%2Caps%2C200[/ame]

There are literally thousands of bugs that can get on your plants. Those may have come in with the new soil/medium or they could have come in on your clothes and then found your plants merely by accident. I like to use Azomax as my first line of defense against leaf chewers. Most bugs don't like it and will either leave or die. The Borg is a different animal and can be very persistent and tough to kill. I often get spiders in my grow and if I do, I try to leave them as they are a natural first line of defense.

Sweetman, that stuff works great too. I think Umbra uses that. I have used that. It works.

Hmm...should I just leave them alone if I'm seeing no adverse effects?

Thanks, everybody.

No you shouldn't leave them alone. Could you put them on a white piece of paper and take a pic? Shake the plant onto the paper and see what you have.

I will try tonight. They may be blurry but I will at least post a pic after work.

No, that's not it, Weedhopper. These are fat-bodied little things. I took some pictures, but these bastards are so small that I can't even pick them out in my own pictures. :(

Sounds like spider mites. Do you have a loupe you are using? Do you see bug ****? Do you see spots on your leaves?

WH those pictures make me itch...

I do have an LED microscope, but I haven't used it on these bugs. I can just barely see them with my bare eye.

I don't see any kinds of bug ****, and no spots on the leaves.

Other than the bugs themselves, I see no signs of them being there.

I would have to know what they are. I would be afraid... if they are in the soil they could be root aphids... Are they winged?

Use that led microscope and let's see the evil you face , also we could have a peek at some trichs while you have the scope set up!! Hehe

They do not appear to be winged. They don't move terribly quickly; I can easily smush them when they're on the rims of the pots. I'll have to look at them again tomorrow... I'm in bed now and way too tired and comfortable to get back up.

And yes...so many trichs!!! Almost time to harvest. :p

Latest posts

Back